Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Merc vs Stealthers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Merc vs Stealthers

ToMyMa's Avatar


ToMyMa
06.30.2016 , 11:05 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
only if speced into it and its a questionable choice IMO as i feel that point is better spent elsewhere.
Nope.avi

It's baseline, hover over the ability.

Floplag's Avatar


Floplag
06.30.2016 , 11:29 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ToMyMa View Post
Nope.avi

It's baseline, hover over the ability.
Only DURING the rocket out, not after, and it cannot be used while imob or hindered. To prevent leaps pull after you must spec into smoke screen.
Are you seriously suggesting that that rocket out can somehow be timed against 2 instant cast skills? I realize this is star wars but your taking using the force a bit too far if thats your position.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

Greezt's Avatar


Greezt
06.30.2016 , 11:45 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
Only DURING the rocket out, not after, and it cannot be used while imob or hindered. To prevent leaps pull after you must spec into smoke screen.
Are you seriously suggesting that that rocket out can somehow be timed against 2 instant cast skills? I realize this is star wars but your taking using the force a bit too far if thats your position.
You can use RO against LS, the same way a jugg would use reflect against HSM. The ability is instant, but the animation has travel time.

Against whirlwind, though...

Floplag's Avatar


Floplag
06.30.2016 , 11:49 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Greezt View Post
You can use RO against LS, the same way a jugg would use reflect against HSM. The ability is instant, but the animation has travel time.

Against whirlwind, though...
While technically true requires near perfect timing without latency etc... and im not sure its the best use of the skill against them regardless in that situation.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

Greezt's Avatar


Greezt
06.30.2016 , 12:49 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
While technically true requires near perfect timing without latency etc... and im not sure its the best use of the skill against them regardless in that situation.
I dunno. I've had it used against against me by good mercs, but I've never managed to pull it off myself... Go figure. They're better than me, for sure.

My latency is ~100ms too. So maybe you have something there.

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
06.30.2016 , 02:15 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Greezt View Post
I dunno. I've had it used against against me by good mercs, but I've never managed to pull it off myself... Go figure. They're better than me, for sure.

My latency is ~100ms too. So maybe you have something there.
it's easy to "time" against channels and snipers (assuming you're not caught in a root/mezz). but it's nigh impossible (for me) to time against instants.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

ToMyMa's Avatar


ToMyMa
06.30.2016 , 03:26 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
it's easy to "time" against channels and snipers (assuming you're not caught in a root/mezz). but it's nigh impossible (for me) to time against instants.
If you practice enough you can easily dodge a 30m lowslash. And if you know your opponent's rotation dodging stuns is also quite easy.