Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just respeced into madness

Ultrazen
12.26.2011 , 04:58 PM | #1
Wow....so much fun. Insta cast AOE + no CD on force lightning + multiple mobs CC'd...

If you've never tried madness, give it a try. I find that I burn through stuff much faster now than I did speced lightning.

One of the biggest things that bugged me about lightning, was there always seemed to be a mob with a sliver of life left, and no insta damage off cooldown. Force Lightning being on no CD means you can use it as a finisher without wasting a couple seconds of casting animation. It sounds like a small issue, but it really adds up in fights where there are 5+ mobs. I also find it to be very mana efficient.

Awesome spec, I think I have a good idea where I'm going to end up spec wise at 50 now, after having goofed around in all of the trees. I forsee a tri-brid spec in my future lol.

Leoxastarth
12.26.2011 , 10:28 PM | #2
Played Madness up to lvl 34, am now lightning, yes, Madness is way superior in -every- way, but its also more boring, your spamming FL, and DoT's, I prefer lightnings play, big burst spikes, and whatnot, just shame its so weak.

RenzoMalice
12.27.2011 , 09:20 AM | #3
i run a hybrid. at first i was more madness but the whole dot thing bores me. i now i'm heavier into lightning.i specc'd far enough into madness to get get Wrath then rest of the way went lightning.
Where is your god now?

skarlson
12.27.2011 , 09:32 AM | #4
I don't find the ability to ww multiple standard or weak mobs all that impressive. Using deathfield and eventually chain lightning on top combined with Khem's aoe's weak and standard mobs should be dead. Any left alive are quickly burned down with a no cd fl. Other than that I agree, madness is a great spec at least up until you get fl, wrath and deathfield. I started specing into lightning after that.

Sinx
12.27.2011 , 09:50 AM | #5
Lightning is quite sluggish early on, but gets a lot better once you get Thundering Blast at 40, and even better once you get better gear and crit goes up a bit.

Madness is the superior build for levelling up until that point (and possibly after too). It's a bit boring, and from a PvE endgame perspective, I didn't quite like the rotation. DPS wise it's probably at least on par with lightning though, but I found the latter more enjoyable.

maggito
12.27.2011 , 10:01 AM | #6
I lvled to where I am now as lightning, so the switch to Madness is more fun for me. It also seems far more viable in pvp.