Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

<3 cc

demotivator
06.26.2016 , 03:15 PM | #1
Proposal: get rid of CC. Discuss.

No, seriously how do you people enjoy this when PvP is nothing but a festival of stuns, roots, snares...? How do you get any fun of this utter stupidity? This is already beyond annoying in PvE, it's even worse in PvP.
Randomizing your forums.

foxmob
06.26.2016 , 03:24 PM | #2
you would have loved Wild Star
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Anzel
06.27.2016 , 09:28 AM | #3
Me, my wife, the kids all play a few different games. It always takes like an hour or so to get used to the "FREEZE TAG" mini-game that is PvP in SWTOR. It's like being hit in the face with a big bucket of ice water every time we go from a different game to SWTOR. But PvP is so neglected here that I doubt they even know about it.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

sumquy
06.27.2016 , 11:53 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by demotivator View Post
Proposal: get rid of CC. Discuss.

No, seriously how do you people enjoy this when PvP is nothing but a festival of stuns, roots, snares...? How do you get any fun of this utter stupidity? This is already beyond annoying in PvE, it's even worse in PvP.
sigh. this again? show us where the nasty ranged class touched you and get it out of your system.
...how i learned to love the dot and other short stories.

thetooty
06.27.2016 , 11:55 AM | #5
They have cc to add another layer to the game. They do this so it isn't just players spamming attacks and healz and buffs without any real oversight to what another opponent is doing. So on a warzone like voidstar, someone might cc me as I am trying to stop whoever is planting the bomb thus giving them more time so it isn't just me being able to rush over there and stop whomever. Also, planting your cc abilities takes skill as you have to time it in smart scenarios. I agree it is annoying at first, but remember you have cc abilities too.

QuiveringPotato
06.27.2016 , 04:04 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by thetooty View Post
They have cc to add another layer to the game. They do this so it isn't just players spamming attacks and healz and buffs without any real oversight to what another opponent is doing. So on a warzone like voidstar, someone might cc me as I am trying to stop whoever is planting the bomb thus giving them more time so it isn't just me being able to rush over there and stop whomever. Also, planting your cc abilities takes skill as you have to time it in smart scenarios. I agree it is annoying at first, but remember you have cc abilities too.
CC of some kind is necessary in pretty much every style of PVP.

While it can get annoying, it's been designed into the game, and it wouldn't be the same without it. Every spec would need a sizable overhaul to compensate.

That being said, I definitely wouldn't mind the duration of whitebar being increased, and maybe your CC breaker getting reset when you die.
Arvengis | Akanias Taleri | Mhyrah | Arcuneth | Tol'ika
Arteum | Celden

The Ebon Hawk <Nerf Operatives> Youtube Channel

LadyDarkkitten
06.27.2016 , 04:41 PM | #7
I think its the opposite: damage and healing numbers are too high and thats why the CC feels so obnoxious. Your dying while your in a stunlock, or your trying to slowly los that merc but die before you get round the corner and try to heal up. The fight duration lengths are way to short so they depend less on actual tactics and countering enemy moves and more on spam as much CC and big hitting move into the other guy the fastest. Incidently this is why people find operatives so annoying and #nerfops is a thing: ops are a control spec and played right don't allow the enemy player to face mash keyboards like they are used to or they lose. Its not that ops are any good if you just try to raw dps with them in a brawl.
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr
Here is my argument. The PvP is so good and balanced the game has to go free to play if it hopes to survive. More than 2/3rds of the player base left because PvP is too good. It's so good and balanced that no one wants to play it.

-Bob-
06.27.2016 , 09:12 PM | #8
I Don't See nothing
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link

Metthew
06.28.2016 , 05:19 AM | #9
CC is absolutely necessary to be able to kill healers and operative DPS though. And the easiest way to kill a sniper is to force them to leave an entrench-ed position and then hardstun / burst them while they don't have immunity.

Not to mention, CC is essential in doing objectives in several WZ's; Hypergates and Civil War, with good teams on both sides, necessitate using CC to be able to cap a node. Huttball would also be a lot less fun without CC, with the traps only being things you aren't supposed to run through.

The CC enriches the game.
Erhart / Wilhemine | Darth Malgus | <Take a Seat>

Savej
06.28.2016 , 10:33 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by QuiveringPotato View Post
CC of some kind is necessary in pretty much every style of PVP.

While it can get annoying, it's been designed into the game, and it wouldn't be the same without it. Every spec would need a sizable overhaul to compensate.

That being said, I definitely wouldn't mind the duration of whitebar being increased, and maybe your CC breaker getting reset when you die.
BW had the cc-breaker reset on death lined up in an update but the forum rage over the idea forced them to take it out. One problem is that most of the people that aren't fans of cc-fests have already left.

Most of the cc isn't needed or used in pve. For my part I think aoe mezzes (flashbang, awe, fear, grenades) should be made pve-only, aoe stuns/roots should have shorter duration and all aoe cc should have longer cds. I doubt any of that would wreck class balance any more than it already is but at the same time the cc mess would diminish greatly.