Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Leaving in unranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Leaving in unranked warzones

Nickhilius's Avatar


Nickhilius
06.26.2016 , 08:36 AM | #1
Greetings!

As a daily unranked warzone player I have a question for all of the others queing. Why do you decide to leave? I mean, of course, I understand that it might be 'frustrating' losing a match and getting a little less commendations. Yes, you are paying your subscription or for your pass so you deserve to decide wether to leave or not.

But do you know there are also other players that don't leave? There are actually people who just stay in the warzone, no matter what happens. Dumb? Maybe. But without those players, warzones would just stop when someone stealth caps a node, and the defender didn't call incoming. Warzones would stop when someone couldn't pass the ball in huttball while being stunlocked.

I am one of those people stay, and my reason to stay is because I know that when I leave, someone else joins who has nothing to do with this warzone. That person loses (or leaves, and someone else joins) because you don't want to stay. I'm seeing warzones where 5 or 6 people leave the group (and sometimes they join again, and then leave again ) and the warzone ends with a big loss.

Joining, being, or getting farmed in a match isn't fun, but it's kinda your fault that it happens. 1 Person can mess it up, but it's your decision not to make the same mistake. I'm not saying that if you leave, it's 100% your fault and you should be punished, but it's certainly not the best decision for the team.

Also, I've had enough experience in warzones to see that losing a node or losing a point isn't that bad. It might lead to a loss, especially if you leave, yes. The team needs to do the 8-man job with the remaining squad, because 1 person didn't want to lose. Sometimes when a node gets capped, it has a good reason. It might even get recapped, and you might even win! Small chance? As an objective player I think that leaving a warzone just ruins the match. So you aren't any better than the person who messed it up in my eyes. The person who decides to cap, and run away, stays. You can (attempt to) try to explain what he did wrong, and make sure he won't do it again. You can defend yourself.

Before you comment: I know you leave because there are premades, a lot of sages, they have someone who just beats you up every warzone, you have someone who doesn't read the chat ( or doesn't use it). I'm just curious why you still leave, knowing someone will 'absorb' your loss. And for the people who actually do leave because of the noobs in their team : You think they are noobs? Explain them what to do better instead of just ragequiting. They will never get better if no one teaches them how to.

Are there any others who agree with me? Or am I just being alone here?

Floplag's Avatar


Floplag
06.26.2016 , 09:27 AM | #2
As someone who has been both ill give you my point of view.

I never used to leave, ever.. regardless of comp, for 2 basic reasons. #1 i didnt want to screw anyone else into the mess, and #2 i took it a chance to help others learn.

I no longer do this for another 2 reasons. #1 the number of people that would extend the same courtesy fell to basically nothing. #2 Doing so was certainly neither appreciated or respected by the other side.

Add to this the fact that most of those i tried to actually help were not interested in assistance cause they either already knew or didnt care.

Bottom line, i reached my quote on martyrdom. I was giving up my fun so that others could have i guess fun, if thats what you call completely imbalanced matches. It was no longer worth wasting 10-15 minutes of my time urinating into a strong facing wind. If its even remotely balanced ill give my max effort, but if all i see is the usual premade across from me and ive got randoms and some of them not even in pvp gear, im not going to take the focus of the premade so they can have fun.

I'm not paying my sub for their enjoyment.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

AlrikFassbauer's Avatar


AlrikFassbauer
06.26.2016 , 10:42 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
I'm not paying my sub for their enjoyment.
Basically this is why I'm leaving matches, too.

In my case, with "their" meaning those who are simply overwhelming my own team.

But it has to be a match in which I can see no land, so to say. I have had one very gruesome match with them having the full number at the end of the Ancient Hypergates - and ourteam something around 20 or even less.
At that point I just couldn't bear it anymore.
And I do know that you just can't imagine gaps like this. You will accuse me to be a troll.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

Alericus's Avatar


Alericus
06.26.2016 , 11:05 PM | #4
1) undergeared players who have no real intention of winning, in fact their goal is simply to get as many matches over so they complete their conquest goals, so they usually just do as many dumb stupid things as possible to make the match unbearable

2)win traders, its rampant..ive had players admit it..i record their names..I see them I'm out

this "leaving" really wasn't a problem until 3 things were introduced into the game

1)insta 60's...what a wonderful way to assist the ******* credit sellers..thank you BW..such a wonderful idea
2)conquest points, awesome, again..players will just do as many matches as they can to get the points...quickly thus crap play
3)pvp companion quests..sorry *** were you thinking BW..stupid idea.

BW you didn't save pvp with these ideas..you killed it. If you really wanted to save pvp, it required 1 thing
cross server..failing that merge the servers..the pop is shrinking and I'm fairly sure you know it, we know it..its time to just ride the train to oblivion..and no I'm not paying you money to transfer.
Alaricus
"Through Strength I Gain Power!"

veronaaaa's Avatar


veronaaaa
06.27.2016 , 02:13 AM | #5
I always quit becouse I don't care what'll happen with my losing team or people who join after I quit. I play only my fun, and other matters mean nothing to me

LosevV's Avatar


LosevV
06.27.2016 , 04:41 AM | #6
I prefer not to leave until one of two things happen. When 7 members of my team destroyed in mid in 6 vs 7.
P.S. I seen it at Alderaan (I got one at my turret, one more was at their turret and my team lost mid, because they all was dead!) and at Denova (same story).
When I see that my teammates can't even win 3 vs 1 against someone who I killed solo.

DallianWyrd's Avatar


DallianWyrd
06.27.2016 , 04:42 AM | #7
As for me, I never leave warzones, even if I'm on the horrendously losing side. The only exception is when I have to actually leave my computer for other stuff but I usually say sorry to my team for leaving.
I usually play Tank or DPS. If you guys want to play with me, I'm on the Red Eclipse server, usually on my Guardian (Casval Rem Deikun) or my Assassin (Artesia Som Deikun).

What grinds my gear though, is when people don't want to partake in the logical solution. But then I remember that I'm on an Unranked game, so I need to chill out more xD
Account created in 2008, Proud CE owner, Link to my Twitter and Twitch.tv
Présentation de la Falcon Squadron
The Kore (DN+TOFN)// Camus (MOTF)// Deikun (TRE) Legacy
Jedi Guardian,Sith Assassin

Nickhilius's Avatar


Nickhilius
06.27.2016 , 06:37 AM | #8
Thanks to everyone for responding, I'll try to answer some of you.

Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
As someone who has been both ill give you my point of view.

I never used to leave, ever.. regardless of comp, for 2 basic reasons. #1 i didnt want to screw anyone else into the mess, and #2 i took it a chance to help others learn.

I no longer do this for another 2 reasons. #1 the number of people that would extend the same courtesy fell to basically nothing. #2 Doing so was certainly neither appreciated or respected by the other side.

Add to this the fact that most of those i tried to actually help were not interested in assistance cause they either already knew or didnt care.

Bottom line, i reached my quote on martyrdom. I was giving up my fun so that others could have i guess fun, if thats what you call completely imbalanced matches. It was no longer worth wasting 10-15 minutes of my time urinating into a strong facing wind. If its even remotely balanced ill give my max effort, but if all i see is the usual premade across from me and ive got randoms and some of them not even in pvp gear, im not going to take the focus of the premade so they can have fun.

I'm not paying my sub for their enjoyment.
I agree some people don't like being helped, I will never understand those :P

However, there's someting about your last sentence.
You're not paying sub for their enjoyment. So you say, that when the match is going terrible, leaving is a good sollution? If everone would leave the warzone, this would cause warzones just stopping after seeing the other team has a premade. You get my point? I understand it might be frustrating but you need to get used to losing when you enter a que. Not every warzone will turn out great, but that's the concequence of queing
--
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Basically this is why I'm leaving matches, too.

In my case, with "their" meaning those who are simply overwhelming my own team.

But it has to be a match in which I can see no land, so to say. I have had one very gruesome match with them having the full number at the end of the Ancient Hypergates - and ourteam something around 20 or even less.
At that point I just couldn't bear it anymore.
And I do know that you just can't imagine gaps like this. You will accuse me to be a troll.
I won't accuse you of a troll, I take every comment serious
I have seen that warzone from both sides, losing with zero points or winning against zero points. But that's not always the mistake of noob players, sometimes it's something no one can do about. I've seen a ton of warzones where we couldn't cap an objective with a whole team, because a 4 man premade with 2 healers and a tank kept us busy. You can say it's a lack of DPS, stunlocks or interupts, but it's also healers being overpowerd, especially sages.
--
[QUOTE=Alericus;8978895]1) undergeared players who have no real intention of winning, in fact their goal is simply to get as many matches over so they complete their conquest goals, so they usually just do as many dumb stupid things as possible to make the match unbearable

2)win traders, its rampant..ive had players admit it..i record their names..I see them I'm out

this "leaving" really wasn't a problem until 3 things were introduced into the game

1)insta 60's...what a wonderful way to assist the ******* credit sellers..thank you BW..such a wonderful idea
2)conquest points, awesome, again..players will just do as many matches as they can to get the points...quickly thus crap play
3)pvp companion quests..sorry *** were you thinking BW..stupid idea.

TBH I think you're making some things up. I don't think people are literally joining warzones to mess it up for others. Maybe 1 or 2, but not on a regular base. People don't do dumb things on purpose, you might think they do because its so obvious for your experience of pvp. Recently I started doing PVE and some things seem very logic for me (for instance: moving around the target) but that's not always the best option to do. Some people are new to the game or to online gaming and might find this confusing.

For your 3 leaving causes:
1) I don't see how gold sellers increase the leavers in a warzone. For the insta 60's : This might cause players play a class without knowing how to, but I don't think you knew your class the first time you did endgame, did you?
2) You can do warzones for conquest, but completing a warzones doesn't give as much conquest as the weekly or winning a warzone. In other words: for conquest, winning gives the most conquest, so I dont think ppl 'just play warzones'' to farm conquest, without any thoughts on winning
3) PVP Companions brings some new players to PVP, but I believe this is only for completing a weekly. I don't think you get that much warzones with a PVE player that joins a warzone for a companion :P
--
Quote: Originally Posted by veronaaaa View Post
I always quit becouse I don't care what'll happen with my losing team or people who join after I quit. I play only my fun, and other matters mean nothing to me
I understand, you play for your own fun, but is it fun when other leave your warzone? Is it fun when you join an in progress warzone? Is it fun to win a warzone because the opposing team left the warzone?

Leaving is a solution for your own problem, but it might be more frustrating for the losing group than you.
--
Quote: Originally Posted by LosevV View Post
I prefer not to leave until one of two things happen. When 7 members of my team destroyed in mid in 6 vs 7.
P.S. I seen it at Alderaan (I got one at my turret, one more was at their turret and my team lost mid, because they all was dead!) and at Denova (same story).
When I see that my teammates can't even win 3 vs 1 against someone who I killed solo.
7 vs 6 might seem an easy quest on the first view, but you don't know which 7 players fight against 6 players. It depends on gear, experience, premades and mostly on class.

People not winning 3 v 1 where you solo'd him? I guess this is literally impossible, you are just making something up to make it look worse. There is no single class who can't be defeated by three classes at the same time. Even sages can be taken down by 3 bad speccs, noobs or not. If you can solo him, maybe he used all of his def cds on someone else wanted a qt . When they can't 2 v 1, maybe its an overpowerd class or a good player.
--
Quote: Originally Posted by DallianWyrd View Post
As for me, I never leave warzones, even if I'm on the horrendously losing side. The only exception is when I have to actually leave my computer for other stuff but I usually say sorry to my team for leaving.
I usually play Tank or DPS. If you guys want to play with me, I'm on the Red Eclipse server, usually on my Guardian (Casval Rem Deikun) or my Assassin (Artesia Som Deikun).

What grinds my gear though, is when people don't want to partake in the logical solution. But then I remember that I'm on an Unranked game, so I need to chill out more xD
I completely agree with you. The last time I leaved warzone was maybe one year ago when I saw a hacker on our team. I know, hackers are an easy win, but it's not the way I like the win. That's also the reason I dont play sorcerer or sage
--

Again, thanks for posting your answers! Remember, I'm not saying leaving makes you a bad person, but it's not the best decision you can take in my opinion.

Master-Nala's Avatar


Master-Nala
06.27.2016 , 07:20 AM | #9
I never leave unless my team isn't playing the game. For example, I call incoming and no one comes because they want to death match. If they have good reasons (eg they are about to take another control point) I stay. But basically if the team isn't trying I see no need to waste my time.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

Floplag's Avatar


Floplag
06.27.2016 , 09:21 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickhilius View Post
Thanks to everyone for responding, I'll try to answer some of you.



I agree some people don't like being helped, I will never understand those :P

However, there's someting about your last sentence.
You're not paying sub for their enjoyment. So you say, that when the match is going terrible, leaving is a good sollution? If everone would leave the warzone, this would cause warzones just stopping after seeing the other team has a premade. You get my point? I understand it might be frustrating but you need to get used to losing when you enter a que. Not every warzone will turn out great, but that's the concequence of queing
--
No, thats not what i mean. 90% of the time i ever leave is at the begining before tha match starts or as soon as a recognize whats going on. It isnt about the match "going bad".
I do not leave due to losing, i leave due to imbalance. BIG difference. I can take losing, its a game... what i wont do is walk into a meat grinder and pretend to enjoy it.
To counter your view though i would say this, I've never left a fair or balanced match, even in an arena which i skip 90% of these days unless the team comps are similar. All ive ever asked for is a balanced fight, give me that and ill never ever leave win or lose.
It isnt about winning/losing, its about having a fair chance.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth