Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dear Bioware, if you want us to leave just ask.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Dear Bioware, if you want us to leave just ask.

lironBD
06.23.2016 , 01:35 PM | #1
I think I can represent the "Veteran Crowd" of the playerbase in spirit.
I bought the game when it was launched for 60$, paid my monthly subs and came back over and over each time paying for subscriptions and purchasing the expansions.
I played through everything in the game and did most of the raids (missing few nightmares) with my guilds, ventured through PVP and explored the game thoroughly.
I got 8 level 65 each one of different class and legacy 50, I got also dark\light V.
In the past I had over 50 characters which I've deleted once I've settled on the 8 I want so you can be sure I played A LOT and did most of what this game had to offer.

I really love the game at its core of what it was pre-4.0 and I am big fan of bioware for many years but,

For long time since 4.0 you, bioware, as developer keep acting in strange alienating way. I'm not trying to hurt anyone but that's my personal feeling.

First you turned the game in pure single player experience, most of the "new" content you gave us was horrible heroics, which broke the economy with loads of cash flowing around.
KOTFE Chapters are 1 time through and you can't even visit same place again after that like yavin 4 or makeb.
No new meaningful quests or raids, PVP and GSF are sad story by itself.

Even though you made that HK shenanigan with the bonus chapter for being subscriber for few months and made all those HK'gasm remarks on your twitch I wanted to support you as a fan and try to do my best to give you a chance.

Now coming to the end of KOTFE season 1, most of the guilds I was member in moved to a greener pastures with more raids and group content, lonely with pugs I keep doing same old quests waiting month each time for the 40 minutes 'fix' of new story.

But today...
oh boy...
That felt like slap to my face.
The new Dark\Light event. It's wonderful for new player just starting the game but as someone who already done everything in the game multiple time its same as saying "We don't want the veteran playerbase anymore, from now we cater only new players!".

seriously, who's bright idea was not to retroactively count everyone's achievements and history in the game like when legacy system came out? For me and I'm sure many others this is just an utter joke.

Bottom line,
As big fan and supporter of Bioware and SWTOR I just ask you, be honest.
you don't want us here? just ask - no need for all of those insulting actions and choices you make along the way.
its disrespectful toward us as players and lesser you as gaming company.
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

http://www.swtor.com/r/NP7bNn \ Buddy invite

ToMyMa
06.23.2016 , 01:37 PM | #2
I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment.

Make it retroactive or completely scrap it; make better rewards for endgame (or lategame) PvE and PvP - that is the way to go. Even better: Focus on actual content instead of rehashing old content. I know you're strapped for resources, but this isn't the way to go.

Theeko
06.23.2016 , 01:40 PM | #3
Also make the event permanent as well tbh

DarthWoad
06.23.2016 , 01:41 PM | #4
I completely agree.

I've already got the achievements. I've played this game since release. I'm a dedicated subscriber. And they they tell me to do my same achievements AGAIN?

It's ridiculous
Founder of The Old Republic
Returning to the game? Get 7 days FREE subscription by clicking here

leoprietobombero
06.23.2016 , 01:43 PM | #5
Please BW, stop losing players!
Make it retroactive and permanent event.

You can't just ask old players to make ALL the stuff again in that short amount of time ...

In the 'open letter to the players' you said that you were gamers too ...

Are you? Are you really gamers? Did you even play sometime swtor?
Thread: MERGE 'THE BASTION' WITH SOME OTHER SERVER!

Sanity is a prison. Let madness release you.

Nevaeh-Heaven
06.23.2016 , 01:44 PM | #6
Not been here from day one, but been here long enough, You don't represent me.

I too am a little disappointed in the DS/LS event as it is for the most part very unfriendly towards solo players. Other than that, I have no issue with it. Sure won't complete it as nothing is ever going to get me to group again. Still KotFE was more for my play style so disappointed in DS/LS yes, but cannot over complain about it. Nothing BW puts out will be to everyone's liking.

Aries_cz
06.23.2016 , 01:47 PM | #7
Complain to EA to give Austin studio actual budget to develop the game properly.
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Savej
06.23.2016 , 01:49 PM | #8
Sub since release here: if you don't want to participate, don't. You're just sounding like a barely coherent whiner (which is better than most of the one line thread starters here that happen after just about every announcement here - so props). What exactly is wrong with the new event? Because it is not specifically targeting you you feel like quitting? How is that mature? We didn't even know about this event until a few weeks ago, it is not "the only thing that's gonna happen" for the next several months at least and it might be good for making people more invested in the game and their characters - good things for us in the long run. Nothing is being taken away from you personally.

TUXs
06.23.2016 , 01:49 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Nevaeh-Heaven View Post
Being new here, I'll cut you some slack because you seem scared and worried...NOBODY speaks for you, they only speak for themselves. Stating the obvious isn't necessary. Nobody but you was confused or scared over who he spoke for.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Aries_cz
06.23.2016 , 01:50 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Nevaeh-Heaven View Post

I too am a little disappointed in the DS/LS event as it is for the most part very unfriendly towards solo players. Other than that, I have no issue with it. Sure won't complete it as nothing is ever going to get me to group again. Still KotFE was more for my play style so disappointed in DS/LS yes, but cannot over complain about it. Nothing BW puts out will be to everyone's liking.
Player A: BioWare is making the game too much of a single player
Player B: BioWare is motivating people to play group content

Today was really a good day to drink and read forums, it is much more hilarious than usually
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link