Premade vs Premade?

Fiqh

Clearly being in a premade gives you an advantage over randoms. So why not make premades face other premades. Or is that too challenging. Yes you risk being exposed for not being as good as you proclaim when faced with the players using equal tools like full teams, one of each class, voice but you really get a better chance to gage how you fair when the odds are even. Not going to happen huh? I know there will be a few we just like playing together responses but lets be honest. People go premade for fear of losing. I personally have been in a few premade vs premade matches. They lasted longer and were better fights. I'm sure there is satisfaction to in ganking and face rolling but for those of us who are older than 16 and value a good hard fought match a challenge is Op. Can we please get a premade vs premade only que option.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually that's a very valid reason. I'm on SL, and from what I've observed, there are at most about 3 full premades running at once. I'm not counting when RBL is que synching to have a full 8-man. So those players will have the same experience that dead granked que has? I solo que much more than I group, but if i do decide to group, I don't want to sit there doing nothing just because you can't handle it when you que solo. No one wants to get stomped, but it's a fact of life. Even in the real world life is going to roflmao stomp your face in from time to time. For some people it's a constant feature. Figure it out. Whiney forum posts aren't going to make it better.

I solo que much more than I group, but if i do decide to group, I don't want to sit there doing nothing just because you can't handle it when you que solo. No one wants to get stomped, but it's a fact of life. Even in the real world life is going to roflmao stomp your face in from time to time. For some people it's a constant feature. Figure it out. Whiney forum posts aren't going to make it better.

Can we refrain from using the "its just like in the reworld/ real life" comparisons. If I was trying to achieve the likeness of either I would not do so in a video game. I as would other would just go to the real world/ real life for the actual experience. We come to video games to escape from them. Unless well you RL is a fantasy world in galaxy far far away.

Its not a whiney forum post. You just don't agree with what was said. You don't want longer que times. Neither do I. But the que times wont change for the solo quer. They may get longer for the premades. And that's what the real complaint is isn't it. Those that run in premade will not only have face equal competition but now they have to wait longer to do it. You think those que are faster for the solo player now because of premade opponents? Wrong. There are others who que that get boxed out due to premades hogging up all the available slots. you ever get 4 v 4 repeatedly? that's because the premade is in the 8 man wz and you get the run over.

Edited by Fiqh

actually that's a very valid reason. I'm on SL, and from what I've observed, there are at most about 3 full premades running at once. I'm not counting when RBL is que synching to have a full 8-man. So those players will have the same experience that dead granked que has? I solo que much more than I group, but if i do decide to group, I don't want to sit there doing nothing just because you can't handle it when you que solo. No one wants to get stomped, but it's a fact of life. Even in the real world life is going to roflmao stomp your face in from time to time. For some people it's a constant feature. Figure it out. Whiney forum posts aren't going to make it better.

I find defeated attitudes very sad...You seem to have accepted your fate and as a result are pushing it on the rest of us. Group queue, Solo queue, and a both (Group/Solo) queue option would give people a choice to weigh queue times vs. wanting to avoid premades or running with your buddies.

Merge all servers to their region to increase queue times and stay on top of improving PvP design and communication and this is now viable.

People with defeatist attitudes are the reason problems persist, people who refuse to accept a problem are the reason they are solved.

I would happily have premade only objective PVP... Oh wait.. Wasn't that 8 man ranked .. Blame Bioware for removing our only option

Yeah BW is quick to scrap PvP designs rather than invest time to improve them its kind of their thing.

What would eventually happen is that those premades would just solo que sync because they aren't getting pops anymore. So you have done nothing to fix the MATCHMAKING problem that is the real root here. And as far as you getting away from real life.... sorry, but you can't. Life seeps into everything. Sorry you don't understand that yet. An assh*le in real life is still an assh*le in game. Sorry you can't win every game like you want to. I get stomped sometimes too. I'm right there with you. But premades aren't the problem. I've had games where I got stomped and there wasn't a premade on either team. That's not rare either. Match making is the real problem.

I find defeated attitudes very sad...You seem to have accepted your fate and as a result are pushing it on the rest of us. Group queue, Solo queue, and a both (Group/Solo) queue option would give people a choice to weigh queue times vs. wanting to avoid premades or running with your buddies.

Merge all servers to their region to increase queue times and stay on top of improving PvP design and communication and this is now viable.

People with defeatist attitudes are the reason problems persist, people who refuse to accept a problem are the reason they are solved.

It's not defeatist. You are wanting to change a symptom of a bigger problem, when you should be hitting the root cause.

We have premade v premade, its called group ranked.

Premades in regs isnt about competition, its about e-peen. Its about stacking the deck to win and pretending that it equates to skill when you have every possible advantage. Its literally like playing chess but taking the other guys Queen off the board at the start.

Yeah yeah i know playing with friends... for the maybe 10% of you where this is true, exclude yourselves from the butthurt and realize im not talking about you OK.

Premades in regs isnt about competition, its about e-peen. Its about stacking the deck to win and pretending that it equates to skill when you have every possible advantage. Its literally like playing chess but taking the other guys Queen off the board at the start.

Yeah yeah i know playing with friends... for the maybe 10% of you where this is true, exclude yourselves from the butthurt and realize im not talking about you OK.

i think 90-10 is a stretch, but i don't care really. If there was a matchmaking system, premades wouldn't be a "problem".

It's not defeatist. You are wanting to change a symptom of a bigger problem, when you should be hitting the root cause.

First off I agree that a matchmaking system in PvP is a must in any trinity game design. It says loads that Bioware continuously tries to balance PvP without a matchmaking system that balances the trinity system.

With that said a matchmaking system for WZ's is only one of several fixes needed and I think it holds equal ground with population issues and giving players a choice rather than forcing them to roll the dice on if they will be fighting a 4 or queue syncing 8 man team.

i think 90-10 is a stretch, but i don't care really. If there was a matchmaking system, premades wouldn't be a "problem".

This right here......

I don't think people realize yet that a matchmaking system will break premade groups to a degree unless they are rolling proper builds...

For instance if you don't have a healer and your just four buddies you may be stuck in the queue much longer than currently.

On the other hand a PuG group that now has a guaranteed healer and tank may have a solid chance against a guild group....much better than now anyway.

Well could also be people who just dont like arenas, not saying it is everyone but since we do not have 8v8 group ques then if you want to play something other then arena you have no other choice then regs.

I couldn't have said it better myself. That is the root cause. Yes match making sucks ( ie 4 squishy sages vs a tank/ healer/ and 2 dps one range one melee) That's does need fixing and lack of class balance true but those can take a back seat to premade situation. Why does dev not care about pvp. Look through the forums. When I made this post I didn't realize how many others have already said the same thing.

People whining about "premades" just don't get it. You all have these wonderful sounding ideas of solo or group queue buttons, fair matchmaking, etc. but you simply will not allow yourself to understand what that would actually result in.

The main problem that that would cause is massive queue times. Truly massive queue times. Even in Overwatch with 10 million players, one of their devs said that balanced matchmaking would greatly increase wait times. And, he also said, that even though people enthusiastically claim they'd wait 20 minutes for a "fair and balanced" match, they actually won't in reality. That's in a game with 10 freaking million players. It boils down to...people are going to gripe no matter what. What they actually want, without the testicular fortitude to admit it, is to win 95% of the time. And that simply isn't even remotely realistic.

People whining about "premades" just don't get it. You all have these wonderful sounding ideas of solo or group queue buttons, fair matchmaking, etc. but you simply will not allow yourself to understand what that would actually result in.

The main problem that that would cause is massive queue times. Truly massive queue times. Even in Overwatch with 10 million players, one of their devs said that balanced matchmaking would greatly increase wait times. And, he also said, that even though people enthusiastically claim they'd wait 20 minutes for a "fair and balanced" match, they actually won't in reality. That's in a game with 10 freaking million players. It boils down to...people are going to gripe no matter what. What they actually want, without the testicular fortitude to admit it, is to win 95% of the time. And that simply isn't even remotely realistic.

Then explain league of legends? A game thats so massively popular BECAUSE of its matchmaking. You know my win loss rate in lol? 50/50. I lose games regularly. Yet year in year out season in season out I get better and advance up the leagues. Getting gold for the first time? amazing feeling. Getting platinum? break open the champagne. Its not true that all players want to win 95% of the time that we all lie to ourselves and we will only be happy in a system where our overpowered god mode class roflstomps all the scrubs. After all we we didnt all reroll madness sorcs! or for another example take a look at the matchmaking in world of tanks. Again I do well, rank highly and lose about 50% of my games because I get matched with people of equal skill to me. This isn't rocket science. Proper match making along with genuine class balancing, bug fixes and the return of 8man ranked could reinvigorate this game.

Frankly I find blizzards approach to matchmaking and pvp disingenuous. I still remember ghostcrawlers tweet where he said "class balance... and a level playing field for one spec was less important then the fun of the majority." Don't like it? reroll. Its more important for the game that frost mages stay god mode because more people play them then play yr crummy little forgotten spec. So be mage food and stop whining. THATS blizzards approach to class balancing.

.... Its not true that all players want to win 95% of the time that we all lie to ourselves and we will only be happy in a system where our overpowered god mode class roflstomps all the scrubs. After all we we didnt all reroll madness sorcs! ...

Please point out to me where I said, "all players". I honestly have never checked in to LoG. I used to PvE a lot. If you were on a DPS class your wait time was usually an hour to get a FP pop. I think it would be no different with enforced matchmaking in TOR PvP. The majority of players clearly play DPS classes in WZ's. They'd all be sitting on their bums waiting for a queue to pop when a healer and tank finally decided to log in.

And the truth is, the cold hard truth, is that almost no one wants to wait that long routinely for a queue to finally come around.