Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premade vs Premade?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premade vs Premade?

Fiqh's Avatar


Fiqh
06.23.2016 , 11:56 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
We have premade v premade, its called group ranked.

Premades in regs isnt about competition, its about e-peen. Its about stacking the deck to win and pretending that it equates to skill when you have every possible advantage. Its literally like playing chess but taking the other guys Queen off the board at the start.

Yeah yeah i know playing with friends... for the maybe 10% of you where this is true, exclude yourselves from the butthurt and realize im not talking about you OK.

I couldn't have said it better myself. That is the root cause. Yes match making sucks ( ie 4 squishy sages vs a tank/ healer/ and 2 dps one range one melee) That's does need fixing and lack of class balance true but those can take a back seat to premade situation. Why does dev not care about pvp. Look through the forums. When I made this post I didn't realize how many others have already said the same thing.

CaptQuazar's Avatar


CaptQuazar
06.24.2016 , 03:07 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by NENADXN View Post
No , Im from past .
But this is our future http://imgur.com/SkKp0Yi
Our future looks glorious.
CONQUEROR SKARGUS
Incendiary Gunslinger

Volthammer's Avatar


Volthammer
06.24.2016 , 06:05 PM | #23
People whining about "premades" just don't get it. You all have these wonderful sounding ideas of solo or group queue buttons, fair matchmaking, etc. but you simply will not allow yourself to understand what that would actually result in.

The main problem that that would cause is massive queue times. Truly massive queue times. Even in Overwatch with 10 million players, one of their devs said that balanced matchmaking would greatly increase wait times. And, he also said, that even though people enthusiastically claim they'd wait 20 minutes for a "fair and balanced" match, they actually won't in reality. That's in a game with 10 freaking million players. It boils down to...people are going to gripe no matter what. What they actually want, without the testicular fortitude to admit it, is to win 95% of the time. And that simply isn't even remotely realistic.
You can run, but you'll just die tired.

BUFF OPS! "And all the people shouted 'Aymen'!"

LadyDarkkitten's Avatar


LadyDarkkitten
06.24.2016 , 06:19 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Volthammer View Post
People whining about "premades" just don't get it. You all have these wonderful sounding ideas of solo or group queue buttons, fair matchmaking, etc. but you simply will not allow yourself to understand what that would actually result in.

The main problem that that would cause is massive queue times. Truly massive queue times. Even in Overwatch with 10 million players, one of their devs said that balanced matchmaking would greatly increase wait times. And, he also said, that even though people enthusiastically claim they'd wait 20 minutes for a "fair and balanced" match, they actually won't in reality. That's in a game with 10 freaking million players. It boils down to...people are going to gripe no matter what. What they actually want, without the testicular fortitude to admit it, is to win 95% of the time. And that simply isn't even remotely realistic.
Then explain league of legends? A game thats so massively popular BECAUSE of its matchmaking. You know my win loss rate in lol? 50/50. I lose games regularly. Yet year in year out season in season out I get better and advance up the leagues. Getting gold for the first time? amazing feeling. Getting platinum? break open the champagne. Its not true that all players want to win 95% of the time that we all lie to ourselves and we will only be happy in a system where our overpowered god mode class roflstomps all the scrubs. After all we we didnt all reroll madness sorcs! or for another example take a look at the matchmaking in world of tanks. Again I do well, rank highly and lose about 50% of my games because I get matched with people of equal skill to me. This isn't rocket science. Proper match making along with genuine class balancing, bug fixes and the return of 8man ranked could reinvigorate this game.

Frankly I find blizzards approach to matchmaking and pvp disingenuous. I still remember ghostcrawlers tweet where he said "class balance... and a level playing field for one spec was less important then the fun of the majority." Don't like it? reroll. Its more important for the game that frost mages stay god mode because more people play them then play yr crummy little forgotten spec. So be mage food and stop whining. THATS blizzards approach to class balancing.
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr
Here is my argument. The PvP is so good and balanced the game has to go free to play if it hopes to survive. More than 2/3rds of the player base left because PvP is too good. It's so good and balanced that no one wants to play it.

Volthammer's Avatar


Volthammer
06.24.2016 , 06:27 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyDarkkitten View Post
.... Its not true that all players want to win 95% of the time that we all lie to ourselves and we will only be happy in a system where our overpowered god mode class roflstomps all the scrubs. After all we we didnt all reroll madness sorcs! ...
Please point out to me where I said, "all players". I honestly have never checked in to LoG. I used to PvE a lot. If you were on a DPS class your wait time was usually an hour to get a FP pop. I think it would be no different with enforced matchmaking in TOR PvP. The majority of players clearly play DPS classes in WZ's. They'd all be sitting on their bums waiting for a queue to pop when a healer and tank finally decided to log in.

And the truth is, the cold hard truth, is that almost no one wants to wait that long routinely for a queue to finally come around.
You can run, but you'll just die tired.

BUFF OPS! "And all the people shouted 'Aymen'!"

LadyDarkkitten's Avatar


LadyDarkkitten
06.24.2016 , 07:22 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Volthammer View Post
What they actually want, without the testicular fortitude to admit it, is to win 95% of the time. And that simply isn't even remotely realistic.
Thats where you said it. Post right above mine.

Also 16 dps wouldn't be waiting on 2 healers to join the queue. they could go with the 16. Its not a fp or op. In pvp healers hinder the experience (at least from my point of view).
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr
Here is my argument. The PvP is so good and balanced the game has to go free to play if it hopes to survive. More than 2/3rds of the player base left because PvP is too good. It's so good and balanced that no one wants to play it.

Volthammer's Avatar


Volthammer
06.24.2016 , 07:34 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyDarkkitten View Post
Thats where you said it. Post right above mine.

Also 16 dps wouldn't be waiting on 2 healers to join the queue. they could go with the 16. Its not a fp or op. In pvp healers hinder the experience (at least from my point of view).
No, before that I said, "People whining about premades". I did not say, "All players". As All players certainly do not complain about premades. Not by a long shot. What I think *would* help PvP, at least for a while, is for Bio to just merge servers again.
You can run, but you'll just die tired.

BUFF OPS! "And all the people shouted 'Aymen'!"

Fiqh's Avatar


Fiqh
06.24.2016 , 09:20 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Volthammer View Post
No, before that I said, "People whining about premades". I did not say, "All players". As All players certainly do not complain about premades. Not by a long shot. What I think *would* help PvP, at least for a while, is for Bio to just merge servers again.
What I personally don't get is how demanding a fair match, a closer match, a skill based in apposed to a roll of the dice match is whining. Its not. I'm a go a bit off topic then bring you back. It would seem in the gamer community the elite players don't like to be challenged. In physical sports the ideal match is one where you face the best. I bring my best you bring yours and lets see who is truly better. But in the gaming community it seems people are content with walking over and stomping lesser competition. Which explains the opportunistic attitude of those who roll primarily in premades. True the premade vs premade idea in swtor is untested but you never know unless you experiment with it. I mean is it that scary? Whats the worst that could happen? They go back to the previous set up in a following patch? It sounds to me you like most people in " real life " fear change. There are a lot of threads like this one. Ingame if you ask around the majority of casual players side with the idea of premades vs premades option in que. So embrace it. If we keep " whining " the change will come.

AlrikFassbauer's Avatar


AlrikFassbauer
06.25.2016 , 01:36 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
We have premade v premade, its called group ranked.
What about bad premades vs. bad premades ? I don't think that these would belong into Group Ranked.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

Candleper's Avatar


Candleper
06.25.2016 , 02:21 AM | #30
Premades are just people who know each other whether in a guild or friends. Get to know other people and group or die.