Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premade vs Premade?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premade vs Premade?

Fiqh
06.23.2016 , 01:48 AM | #1
Clearly being in a premade gives you an advantage over randoms. So why not make premades face other premades. Or is that too challenging. Yes you risk being exposed for not being as good as you proclaim when faced with the players using equal tools like full teams, one of each class, voice but you really get a better chance to gage how you fair when the odds are even. Not going to happen huh? I know there will be a few we just like playing together responses but lets be honest. People go premade for fear of losing. I personally have been in a few premade vs premade matches. They lasted longer and were better fights. I'm sure there is satisfaction to in ganking and face rolling but for those of us who are older than 16 and value a good hard fought match a challenge is Op. Can we please get a premade vs premade only que option.

LadyDarkkitten
06.23.2016 , 03:19 AM | #2
cos queue times will go up. Hey not saying its a good reason. Its just the offical bioware one.
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr
Here is my argument. The PvP is so good and balanced the game has to go free to play if it hopes to survive. More than 2/3rds of the player base left because PvP is too good. It's so good and balanced that no one wants to play it.

Maegi
06.23.2016 , 06:32 AM | #3
actually that's a very valid reason. I'm on SL, and from what I've observed, there are at most about 3 full premades running at once. I'm not counting when RBL is que synching to have a full 8-man. So those players will have the same experience that dead granked que has? I solo que much more than I group, but if i do decide to group, I don't want to sit there doing nothing just because you can't handle it when you que solo. No one wants to get stomped, but it's a fact of life. Even in the real world life is going to roflmao stomp your face in from time to time. For some people it's a constant feature. Figure it out. Whiney forum posts aren't going to make it better.
THE DRACUUL LEGACY
The Shadowlands
Abscess Vlaad Thuls'adoom Mits'inest'roga Bhyle Pureh Master'Blaster ISIL Seelentia U'la X'erg Ska'r L'vitate P'ewp Humun'gous Re'nd

Click here for stuff!

Technohic
06.23.2016 , 06:45 AM | #4

Fiqh
06.23.2016 , 09:30 AM | #5
I solo que much more than I group, but if i do decide to group, I don't want to sit there doing nothing just because you can't handle it when you que solo. No one wants to get stomped, but it's a fact of life. Even in the real world life is going to roflmao stomp your face in from time to time. For some people it's a constant feature. Figure it out. Whiney forum posts aren't going to make it better.[/QUOTE]

Can we refrain from using the "its just like in the reworld/ real life" comparisons. If I was trying to achieve the likeness of either I would not do so in a video game. I as would other would just go to the real world/ real life for the actual experience. We come to video games to escape from them. Unless well you RL is a fantasy world in galaxy far far away.

Its not a whiney forum post. You just don't agree with what was said. You don't want longer que times. Neither do I. But the que times wont change for the solo quer. They may get longer for the premades. And that's what the real complaint is isn't it. Those that run in premade will not only have face equal competition but now they have to wait longer to do it. You think those que are faster for the solo player now because of premade opponents? Wrong. There are others who que that get boxed out due to premades hogging up all the available slots. you ever get 4 v 4 repeatedly? that's because the premade is in the 8 man wz and you get the run over.

Soljin
06.23.2016 , 09:32 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Maegi View Post
actually that's a very valid reason. I'm on SL, and from what I've observed, there are at most about 3 full premades running at once. I'm not counting when RBL is que synching to have a full 8-man. So those players will have the same experience that dead granked que has? I solo que much more than I group, but if i do decide to group, I don't want to sit there doing nothing just because you can't handle it when you que solo. No one wants to get stomped, but it's a fact of life. Even in the real world life is going to roflmao stomp your face in from time to time. For some people it's a constant feature. Figure it out. Whiney forum posts aren't going to make it better.
I find defeated attitudes very sad...You seem to have accepted your fate and as a result are pushing it on the rest of us. Group queue, Solo queue, and a both (Group/Solo) queue option would give people a choice to weigh queue times vs. wanting to avoid premades or running with your buddies.

Merge all servers to their region to increase queue times and stay on top of improving PvP design and communication and this is now viable.

People with defeatist attitudes are the reason problems persist, people who refuse to accept a problem are the reason they are solved.
I want my SWG...
#Remove RnG
Refer a friend link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rqkzQz

TrixxieTriss
06.23.2016 , 09:47 AM | #7
I would happily have premade only objective PVP... Oh wait.. Wasn't that 8 man ranked .. Blame Bioware for removing our only option

Soljin
06.23.2016 , 09:57 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I would happily have premade only objective PVP... Oh wait.. Wasn't that 8 man ranked .. Blame Bioware for removing our only option
Yeah BW is quick to scrap PvP designs rather than invest time to improve them its kind of their thing.
I want my SWG...
#Remove RnG
Refer a friend link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rqkzQz

Maegi
06.23.2016 , 11:32 AM | #9
What would eventually happen is that those premades would just solo que sync because they aren't getting pops anymore. So you have done nothing to fix the MATCHMAKING problem that is the real root here. And as far as you getting away from real life.... sorry, but you can't. Life seeps into everything. Sorry you don't understand that yet. An assh*le in real life is still an assh*le in game. Sorry you can't win every game like you want to. I get stomped sometimes too. I'm right there with you. But premades aren't the problem. I've had games where I got stomped and there wasn't a premade on either team. That's not rare either. Match making is the real problem.
THE DRACUUL LEGACY
The Shadowlands
Abscess Vlaad Thuls'adoom Mits'inest'roga Bhyle Pureh Master'Blaster ISIL Seelentia U'la X'erg Ska'r L'vitate P'ewp Humun'gous Re'nd

Click here for stuff!

Maegi
06.23.2016 , 11:33 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Soljin View Post
I find defeated attitudes very sad...You seem to have accepted your fate and as a result are pushing it on the rest of us. Group queue, Solo queue, and a both (Group/Solo) queue option would give people a choice to weigh queue times vs. wanting to avoid premades or running with your buddies.

Merge all servers to their region to increase queue times and stay on top of improving PvP design and communication and this is now viable.

People with defeatist attitudes are the reason problems persist, people who refuse to accept a problem are the reason they are solved.
It's not defeatist. You are wanting to change a symptom of a bigger problem, when you should be hitting the root cause.
THE DRACUUL LEGACY
The Shadowlands

Click here for stuff!