Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

carnage marauder question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
carnage marauder question

AlCorazon's Avatar


AlCorazon
06.22.2016 , 01:10 PM | #1
You might think of it as a stupid question, but still.

I am leveling a carnage marauder, now at level 50. Question is, does it have a dual saber throw that hits at 30m? Like Assasins low slash?
My referral link! http://www.swtor.com/r/gBW7FL

Romeugues's Avatar


Romeugues
06.22.2016 , 01:25 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by AlCorazon View Post
You might think of it as a stupid question, but still.

I am leveling a carnage marauder, now at level 50. Question is, does it have a dual saber throw that hits at 30m? Like Assasins low slash?
Yes, multitarget. No lolslash mez tho.
This may help you with abilities and a basic rotation which you can adapt to use in pvp.
http://dulfy.net/2015/11/01/swtor-4-...-guide-hayete/

RACATW's Avatar


RACATW
06.22.2016 , 01:40 PM | #3
That's a PvE guide btw.

Romeugues's Avatar


Romeugues
06.22.2016 , 03:20 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by RACATW View Post
That's a PvE guide btw.
Obviously, which is why the word "adapt" is in my post.
If you're new a class a PVE guide will help you learn how to play your class, instead of just hitting random abilities.
I.e massacre procs the crit on devastating blast(execute), hitting devastating blast without the proc is bad.

RACATW's Avatar


RACATW
06.23.2016 , 12:47 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Romeugues View Post
Obviously, which is why the word "adapt" is in my post.
If you're new a class a PVE guide will help you learn how to play your class, instead of just hitting random abilities.
I.e massacre procs the crit on devastating blast(execute), hitting devastating blast without the proc is bad.
I was telling the guy that, not you. He's asking in a pvp forum so he might have assumed those rotations work for PvP as well.

Anyway @OP
You don't need all those assaults in your basic rotation in pvp. They're just a waste of time and do less dmg than you could with battering assault or dsb. Assault is your final resort (if you're good enough with your rotations, you'll never really need it in pvp) or should be used against a sorc/sage bubble to build up your rage if nobody else is around to kill in the meantime. The main rage builder in pvp for carnage mara is battering assault/double saber throw along with your mad dash then force leap back if you really have to get some rage after your initial approach. Plus you'll want the brazen/inexorable utilities for even more rage. If you want to talk a little more about it PM me.


Btw, common beginner misconception is that massacre is infallible in regards to execute. It is in fact fallible due to the accuracy rating on your offhand (67%), don't expect it to always work.

AlCorazon's Avatar


AlCorazon
06.24.2016 , 11:16 AM | #6
Thank you! Got it at level 52.

Im currenlty playing pvp on my lvl... i have been playing a sin for so long i try to stealth out and its not there
My referral link! http://www.swtor.com/r/gBW7FL

Romeugues's Avatar


Romeugues
06.24.2016 , 12:39 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AlCorazon View Post
Thank you! Got it at level 52.

Im currenlty playing pvp on my lvl... i have been playing a sin for so long i try to stealth out and its not there
Force camo

RACATW's Avatar


RACATW
06.24.2016 , 08:52 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Romeugues View Post
Force camo
You can get the phantom utility for the 15% move speed bonus (helps keep up to kiters) but remember it's only 6s even with that utility and on a minute cooldown. Your predation works inside of force camo fortunately so it can help get you away faster.

Greezt's Avatar


Greezt
06.25.2016 , 12:17 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RACATW View Post
You can get the phantom utility for the 15% move speed bonus (helps keep up to kiters) but remember it's only 6s even with that utility and on a minute cooldown. Your predation works inside of force camo fortunately so it can help get you away faster.
45 seconds, not a minute. This is why camo is one of the better DCDs out there.

RACATW's Avatar


RACATW
06.25.2016 , 03:31 AM | #10
Right, 45s to be exact, I rounded up after not playing my mara in awhile. It is generally used just once per fight (unless you have a long one) and as far as it being a DCD, it's a decent way to help wait out someones enraged defense or get rid of some dots if you don't want to use saber ward or escape from a snipers ambush.

You could alternatively use it if you needed to wait for your gore window while under pressure, it also resets players target off you and interrupts them in that way. However it isn't a true DCD, like the description says the moment you attack someone you'll go out of it. Anotherwords, it's more like mad dash except half as effective in regards to DOTS and lasts a few seconds longer, though it doesn't do any damage to the enemy while mad dash does (anotherwords mad dash ironically is more of a 'real' DCD than force camo). Another thing it is useful for is letting your healers get your health back up.