Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquering the Darkest Places

Feldraeth
07.21.2016 , 01:59 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Well, sometimes it takes people some time to get around to making comments
^^ Maybe I should use that as a sig .

Hey Diviciacus, just chiming in to say great story thus far and hope to see more.

I liked your impression of Vemrin, in all his awful teenage angsty glory (and arrogant overconfidence - throwing a weapon at a stranger on Korriban could be incredibly unwise)
She's been here less than a day and there's already plotting and intrigue... which Baras is behind. Of course he is
Courier Miaslaznia (can't go with any short names) - why am I reminded of Brooks from Mass Effect 3: Citadel. She doesn't turn out to be the agent by any chance? (SFC prompt archive reveals you have Ethli'vaendis'kiona, but that you rarely play her).
I was also amused by the ending with Defixiones and her past misadventure with clingy Klemral.

Overall though, I like Authenta's character and could practically hear Natasha Little's voice when Authenta speaks. She's proud and arrogant but cares about the 'little people'. Her takeaway from the station wasn't how the Sith nearly killed her or tried to compel her into his bed, it was that he murdered the two in the bar. That isn't to say she's soft hearted or weak, but it's a refreshing pace from all the DS V warriors I've seen in the last few weeks (thanks a lot DvL). Finally, I loved her racial dark side resilience as it makes perfect sense especially for a warrior whose force powers are largely based around buffing themselves .

Diviciacus
07.21.2016 , 02:23 PM | #22
^^ Maybe I should use that as a sig .
Well, you don't have one yet, so "if shoe fits... wear it!" -Chekhov

Hey Diviciacus, just chiming in to say great story thus far and hope to see more.
Holy crap it's Feldraeth! Hi!

I liked your impression of Vemrin, in all his awful teenage angsty glory (and arrogant overconfidence - throwing a weapon at a stranger on Korriban could be incredibly unwise)
Thanks! It always struck me as strange that Vemrin acts like he runs the Academy. I tried to think of a personality that would cause that kind of skewed thinking, and I suppose of course someone in their late teens/early twenties who suddenly had power would do it.

She's been here less than a day and there's already plotting and intrigue... which Baras is behind. Of course he is
*cue Master of Puppets* They say rumors travel faster than hyperspace.

Courier Miaslaznia (can't go with any short names) - why am I reminded of Brooks from Mass Effect 3: Citadel. She doesn't turn out to be the agent by any chance? (SFC prompt archive reveals you have Ethli'vaendis'kiona, but that you rarely play her).
Miaslaznia is actually a reference to the Forgotten Realms; There's a quest in Neverwinter Nights that makes you go around and find things from some people who founded the eponymous city hidden in places, and the name is mentioned. Considering the fetch-quest nature of it I thought it terribly amusing to incorporate. I've also never played any of the ME games so I couldn't say. And Core-name Vaendis is indeed an Agent.

I was also amused by the ending with Defixiones and her past misadventure with clingy Klemral.
I thought a bit of silliness might be in order.

Overall though, I like Authenta's character and could practically hear Natasha Little's voice when Authenta speaks.
I try very hard to make my warrior sound right, I'm glad it works!

She's proud and arrogant but cares about the 'little people'. Her takeaway from the station wasn't how the Sith nearly killed her or tried to compel her into his bed, it was that he murdered the two in the bar. That isn't to say she's soft hearted or weak, but it's a refreshing pace from all the DS V warriors I've seen in the last few weeks (thanks a lot DvL). Finally, I loved her racial dark side resilience as it makes perfect sense especially for a warrior whose force powers are largely based around buffing themselves .
One thing I've noticed about going vaguely LS on my Warrior over the past year is how much it seems to reflect a particular quote from one of R. A. Salvatore's Drizzt novels. In one of the little journal-type interludes, Drizzt is writing about Artemis Entreri and he says something along the lines of "I am sure that, in his mind, he has never killed a man whom he did not think deserved to die."

Finally, of course, a heartfelt thank you for reading my story! I'm stupendously stoked that people are enjoying it! *Happy dance* *trips and dies*
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

Lunafox
07.21.2016 , 07:47 PM | #23
Sure Feldraeth, I'd be honored to be quoted in siggy

And without further adieu, comments!

It's okay Divi, everyone gets blocked sometimes, it's not that late, it's all good.

Hmm...visions of Tukatas dancing in his head...If you were writing this near Christmas I'd think you were inspired by The Night before Christmas...or the Nutcracker Of course from now on, I'm going to think of Tukatas at Christmas. Thanks.

"Metal floor ringing softly as Elizhis ignored the great doors at the hallways’ end in favor of one of the pocket doors lining the hallway." This sentence reads a bit strangely to me...could be me, I'm tired, but it comes across odd. I'm thinking more like "The metal floor rang softly..."

And I see Vemrin is his usually uncharming self lol. What a way to say hello. I agree with Feldraeth...maybe not the best way to greet a stranger at the Academy.

Oh, what a sneaky encounter that was. Elizhis you devil. I have to say Master of Puppets is quite accurate when referring to Baras.

Authenta...brave girl going into the tombs at night. I think it would have been cool if we'd had this sort of option in the game...for some reason, I envision the tombs being more dangerous at night...I guess because of the reduced light.

That's quite a mouthful of a name for the courier. Interesting choice.

Wow...Klemral...someone is not terribly picky. Dex is funny though, I enjoyed her lol.

I really enjoyed the chapter, good stuff. The characters are all interesting and I like how you describe the setting. You're building a nice rich story and I love it. Keep going!

Diviciacus
07.21.2016 , 10:13 PM | #24
Sure Feldraeth, I'd be honored to be quoted in siggy
Well now you simply must Feldraeth :P
And without further adieu, comments!

It's okay Divi, everyone gets blocked sometimes, it's not that late, it's all good.
I get stuck with the weirdest things sometimes. >.>

Hmm...visions of Tukatas dancing in his head...If you were writing this near Christmas I'd think you were inspired by The Night before Christmas...or the Nutcracker Of course from now on, I'm going to think of Tukatas at Christmas. Thanks.
"It's beginning to look a lot like... Sith Lords. Everywhere I go
From the minute I got to town, and started to look around...
I thought that all these ill-bred peoples' sabers showed..." LOL

"Metal floor ringing softly as Elizhis ignored the great doors at the hallways’ end in favor of one of the pocket doors lining the hallway." This sentence reads a bit strangely to me...could be me, I'm tired, but it comes across odd. I'm thinking more like "The metal floor rang softly..."
Oh wow yes that is an absurdly awkward sentence. I'll go fix that. yeesh.

EDIT: FIX'D!

And I see Vemrin is his usually uncharming self lol. What a way to say hello. I agree with Feldraeth...maybe not the best way to greet a stranger at the Academy.
Or is it his unusually charming self? I figure Vemrin's smart enough about things to not throw a vibroblade at someone obviously stronger in the Force. Anyone else is target practice.

Oh, what a sneaky encounter that was. Elizhis you devil. I have to say Master of Puppets is quite accurate when referring to Baras.
The game is afoot. -General Chang.

Authenta...brave girl going into the tombs at night. I think it would have been cool if we'd had this sort of option in the game...for some reason, I envision the tombs being more dangerous at night...I guess because of the reduced light.
Korriban in-game is in a perpetual state of dusk... wtb day/night cycle. And Ajunta Pall's tomb is empty of spirits (thanks to Revan in KOTOR). I figured for this time, at night wouldn't be too bad. The next showing might not go so smoothly.

That's quite a mouthful of a name for the courier. Interesting choice.
I'm crazy like that.

Wow...Klemral...someone is not terribly picky. Dex is funny though, I enjoyed her lol.
Everyone makes mistakes! We'll see more of Defixiones, she'll do some things.

I really enjoyed the chapter, good stuff. The characters are all interesting and I like how you describe the setting. You're building a nice rich story and I love it. Keep going!
YAY! You think so? I struggle sometimes... I have all these really cool/bad ***/heartbreaking ideas for particular scenes/sections but them I'm like ... how do I tie them together? HALP!
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

Diviciacus
07.26.2016 , 08:08 PM | #25
To all of my favorite readers out there, just posting to let you know that because I've been so busy this week (leaving for vacation on the 31st) there won't be a usual update tonight.

In recompense, I'll do an extra update next week or the week after while I'm on vacation. You guys are cool! Thanks for sticking around <3

Lunafox
07.26.2016 , 08:22 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Diviciacus View Post
To all of my favorite readers out there, just posting to let you know that because I've been so busy this week (leaving for vacation on the 31st) there won't be a usual update tonight.

In recompense, I'll do an extra update next week or the week after while I'm on vacation. You guys are cool! Thanks for sticking around <3
Have a great holiday Divi! Hope you have fun! Looking forward to more when you get back to it.

Diviciacus
07.26.2016 , 09:06 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Have a great holiday Divi! Hope you have fun! Looking forward to more when you get back to it.
Just too busy with packing and whatnot to sit down and write, but supposedly I'll have wifi at the campground and sitting in Cape Breton Island ought to be good for writing. :P

Diviciacus
08.17.2016 , 04:32 PM | #28
Good news everyone! I'm back in black (although a day late because I didn't have power last night). So an exceptionally late entry is finally here! yay!

Bad news everyone! I have elected to vote with my wallet in regards to the mediocre story and abysmal "conclusion" to KOTFE, and my subscription thus runs out August 27th. I may return if subsequent stories even try to live up to the TOR of old, but until then I must bid you all a fond farewell.

Illo dicto, I have no desire of discontinuing my writing, so if people want I will continue to do that, but I will not be able to post it on the TOR forums. Hence I ask my faithful (and neglected for the past three weeks >.>) readers if there's some kind of writing-sharing third party site or similar where I could post stuff. Anyone know?

Anyway! Here is the new installment. Enjoy!

Episode VII:

Spoiler

Lunafox
08.17.2016 , 10:22 PM | #29
Welcome back Divi I hope you had a nice time on your vacation!

I'm really bummed to hear that you'll be leaving the game/forums. But I guess if that's how you feel, there isn't much to be done about it really. I can't say I blame you, the ending ticked me off too, but not enough to quit. Not yet. If they do anything horrid to Malavai, Vector or Scourge, then the rage will fly. I'm just annoyed I have to wait so long for them.

If you want to keep posting stories, you can go to https://www.fanfiction.net/ and open a profile there. I'm Feravai there, if you want to find me and be friends.

Also there is http://archiveofourown.org/ I am Feravai there as well. I don't like that site as well as FFnet or the forums here, many people like it, I hear.

Nice to see an update to Authenta's story. I like that you're showing the behind the scenes kinds of things we don't get in game, like their rooms and living arrangements. I do wonder how many acolytes get killed in their sleep by their room mates lol.

I also enjoyed seeing more of Vemrin...he is so toxic isn't he. I like the way you write him. I've also said this before, I think, but I enjoy your descriptions, like when you talk about Xoxaan's dress and Tulak Hord's helm.

Another great chapter, and I'm looking forward to more.

I do hope you'll reconsider and stay, but if not, hopefully I'll see you on FFnet. If you want to be FB friends, let me know, and I'll send you my link. I'm not sure the game will ever return to how it was, back in the time of Vanilla 1-50 stories, but I do hope what they give us in the future isn't so disappointing. I know I felt pretty empty at the end of 16...ah the joys of being a darksider. :/

Diviciacus
07.25.2017 , 11:20 PM | #30
Holy crapbaskets I'm back! After literally a year. I'm sorry dear readers! New chapter! woo! yay! I hope you all like it!

If there is anyone even to read it :P

Episode VIII

Spoiler

Tune in next week! Same Sith time, same Sith channel