Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Good beginner class

PunkSolo
12.26.2011 , 04:25 PM | #1
My friend is trying to get into the game and she is a longtime star wars fan but brand new to mmo's. While I'm not new to them I'm definitely no expert. So I was wondering what classes are a bit easier to get used to. So far she has tried a smuggler and a consular and had a much easier time with the consular. Not sure if that's more of a close vs far range thing or simply a cover system vs no cover system thing. But yeah just looking for some advice from the community.
"Love doesn't lead to the dark side. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled, but passion is not the same thing as love. Love itself will save, not condemn you." -Jolee Bindo

MikeFL
12.26.2011 , 04:51 PM | #2
Consulars, especially Sages have a lower learning curve, and for general PvE are a bit easier because its ranged combat. I like that class and its probably one of the better classes for "easing in" a new player.
Praxys - 50 Sorcerer Nylost - 50 Sniper Sythion - 32 Marauder Rexxel - 25 Mercenary
Kilaeon - 32 Guardian Fordan - 25 Vanguard

Sdspecter
12.26.2011 , 05:13 PM | #3
Whatever they want to play. The starter areas are large and friendly. You will get them the first time that Jedi starts down their story path. Sure there will be little frustrations , but I think they will overcome them easy.

Khaliras
12.26.2011 , 05:15 PM | #4
I'd actually say that, once he understands how the ammo mechanic works, commando or mercenary would be good choices. Both are rather sturdy, with great aoe options that help with questing, high ranged damage and access to some heals even when not specced for healing. Neither are overly complex when it comes to ability usage while leveling.

On the heal point, i know it doesn't feel like much but access to even one healing spell while leveling is a real big help. I was kicking myself over the lack of one while playing an assassin for example.
If I could be any part of you, Id be your tears. To be conceived in your heart, born in your eyes, live on your cheeks and die on your lips."
-unknown

ZakMorgan
12.26.2011 , 05:30 PM | #5
Trooper/Bounter Hunter are probably the easiest.
Founder, and proud Agent since day one

Hambunctious
12.26.2011 , 05:54 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ZakMorgan View Post
Trooper/Bounter Hunter are probably the easiest.
This^ easiest to learn

Sorc/Sage are god mode after lots of practice.

Faolon
12.26.2011 , 06:34 PM | #7
From the looks of it, I'd say a DPS Bounty Hunter or Trooper will be the easiest.

You don't have to learn about cover mechanics. You don't have to worry about any PBAOE a boss does. You don't really have to do anything besides stand there and shoot at things.
"I will show you things... wonderful, terrible things."