Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please resize the Revan Reborn helmet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please resize the Revan Reborn helmet

RaithHarth
06.06.2016 , 03:11 PM | #1
It's just too damn big to fit underneath most hooded robes (unless it's just the Revan Reborn Breastplate), I just recently tried it on the "Wicked Huntress Robe" and it's poking through as you can see right here, if there is any possibility to resize it, so that it doesn't do this that would be great for the players that prefer to try out different robes from a creative stand point.
Don't start the Revolution without me

PVP officer of Saberwing on Ebon Hawk

ikinai
06.06.2016 , 03:13 PM | #2
But then it wouldn't fit Revans ego in it.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School
Is this referral mic on? It's free stuff and stuff, in game.

Mykra
06.06.2016 , 05:20 PM | #3
I noticed this with a few of my hooded robes like Ravagers. Usually it's the front right that has clipping on the hood.

Wonder how the RR helm would look with the rest of the set if it was shrunk a slight bit. Would it look fine, or would it look off?
ďIt is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.Ē

DarthMetalJoey
06.07.2016 , 03:03 AM | #4
they should just rerelase it in a non torn up version

that would be 100x better

no the old set does not count its complete and utter crap with those shouderpads

RaithHarth
06.07.2016 , 03:16 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMetalJoey View Post
they should just rerelase it in a non torn up version

that would be 100x better

no the old set does not count its complete and utter crap with those shouderpads
Well there is the original Revan helmet, but the gap between the hood and the mask is noticeably larger, the good news is that it doesn't stick through the hood. While the Revan Reborn helmet fills it up more, if only they adjusted the back of the reborn helmet just a tad so that it doesn't stick through the hooded robes.

Here is a comparison

Revan's mask (original)

Front

Back

Revan Reborn Helmet

Front

Back

jedidar
06.07.2016 , 03:31 PM | #6
The mask fits perfectly with the Underworld Anarchistís Armor

I use the chestplate for my sith marauder with the reborn mask.
"May the bugs be with you, always! -Bioware 2016!" "Hey, Operations guy? Are you alright? Why are you in the room where the GSF team is? And where are our operations?"
What is this you ask? If I'm helpful, then click here!

Diviciacus
06.07.2016 , 03:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Mykra View Post
I noticed this with a few of my hooded robes like Ravagers. Usually it's the front right that has clipping on the hood.

Wonder how the RR helm would look with the rest of the set if it was shrunk a slight bit. Would it look fine, or would it look off?
The problem here is that the Revan Reborn mask, unlike the Mask of Darth Revan, is a 3D object. The Mask of Darth Revan is 3D only over the face (the actual mask part), while the "headwrap" part is only a 2D texture applied over the head model of your character.

The easiest solution would be to make the Revan Reborn mask also 2D beyond the face - and makes no sense for why they didn't do that originally, because all but the face part of it is supposed to be hidden, anyway.
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

jedidar
06.07.2016 , 03:44 PM | #8
"May the bugs be with you, always! -Bioware 2016!" "Hey, Operations guy? Are you alright? Why are you in the room where the GSF team is? And where are our operations?"
What is this you ask? If I'm helpful, then click here!

RaithHarth
06.07.2016 , 04:05 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by jedidar View Post
The mask fits perfectly with the Underworld Anarchistís Armor

I use the chestplate for my sith marauder with the reborn mask.
Yes but that's one of the few that actually do fit with the Revan Reborn Helmet, 99% of the time you aren't going to get that with other hooded robes, such as the Wicked Huntress Robe as an example.

It would be nice to have more of a selection, to customize other hooded robes into our creative instincts, without the Reborn Helmet poking through.

Andryah
06.07.2016 , 05:14 PM | #10
I'm waiting for a version with a propeller on top.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.