Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to Play SWTOR with a Video Game Controller

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How to Play SWTOR with a Video Game Controller

liammozz
09.10.2012 , 12:36 PM | #231
Quote: Originally Posted by PeepsMcJuggs View Post
I have a couple of profiles that do exactly that. The Xpadder one (listed as ver 2b) is a bit dodgy, as the lock releases when you swap mappings, but the PGP one (listed under my current profile on the download page) works really well: http://swtorpeeps.blogspot.com/2012/...ble-files.html

These profiles will likely require some remapping when you download them, but they'll show you how to get it working.

Also, JoystixPro's free SWTOR stix does this by default, but doesn't allow remapping of buttons. Their full version does, though.
thanks mate your a star o7

PeepsMcJuggs
09.10.2012 , 12:38 PM | #232
Quote: Originally Posted by liammozz View Post
thanks mate your a star o7
No problem! Read my edit above, there's some additional info that should help.
"Making the internet a happier place, one infraction at a time."

TysonBauer
11.28.2012 , 08:56 AM | #233
Any updates on xpadder I looked on the site and I dont see any updates. My last update is on 5/12. I stop using it due to the profiles flipping and becoming stuck. Please provide some insight

HiddenPalm
04.06.2014 , 09:14 AM | #234
This is an ancient thread of something I thought was new, but is actually very ancient. Its from a time before the age of f2p and merged servers. Before we were able to color coordinate, and even before anti-aliasing was enabled. Even the developer and the people of this thread are now gone, long before GSF, F2P and merged servers.

But it's about what so many people still talk about today. And that's gamepad support, especially for Galactic Startfighter. A major demand among players was joystick support for it. I was wondering if anyone tried using PGP for GSF and if it worked and how well?

I'm about to try it for GSF in a few. Though I just woke up and I really should do some Yoga/KungFu and drink some water/tea ... things you forget when gaming. So I'm not going to try that hard today, but I am going to try.

Anyways, I got two new dualshock gamepads from Fuhengji, a Chinese based company that makes gamepads for the PC. They're inspired from the playstation gamepads, except that these have two extra buttons on the right, so instead of 4 buttons usually labeled 1,2,3,4 it is now 6 buttons labeled 1,2,3,4,5,6. I bought them really cheap online.

I think two extra buttons makes all the difference. Because a bar has 12 hotkeys. I'm just thinking out loud here. The program hasn't been updated since 2012, which may mean either two things: It was so horrible and impossible that it was abandoned, or it worked so perfectly there was never a need to update it.

PeepsMcJuggs, the guy behind this, had kids and has now gone away, changing his name to SW_Dad. =( Hope he came back already. Countless people have come back.

I'll be back later and share if it worked with GSF and if it it worth it. Apologies in advanced for experimenting and potentially sucking for my team. Still, I'm a pretty good pilot though. Not the absolute best, but a pretty damn good one. Good enough to wing for Luke, that's for sure.
The Grassroots Jedi Movement
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that." - King
APPLICATION * www.GrassrootsJedi.org *
We are the very first and only Anti-War Guild for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Kourage
04.06.2014 , 09:50 AM | #235
I prefer PC games because I'm terrible with a controller.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

HiddenPalm
04.06.2014 , 10:49 AM | #236
Quote: Originally Posted by Kourage View Post
I prefer PC games because I'm terrible with a controller.
Youre absolutely, utterly, unquestionably and completely 100% on the wrong thread. Anyways, most PC games work with gamepads as most PC games are not RTS or MMOs. You cant be a real PC gamer without gamepads as a part of your gaming arsenal. Ok no more being off topic please. Start a new thread if you want to talk about a different subject, thank you.

For everyone else:

So I tried it. It doesnt work. On top of that its a trial, where you will have to pay after 20 days. And its no longer supported. So never mind. Sorry for bringing back this old archaic thread from the dead.

Here's my experience if you want to know more. During installation it went into a setup your profile walk through. It crashed. I tried the repair option to reinstall and it installed but it never got to the set up walk through again. I then went to the icon on the windows task bar and there was no option for that again. I was going to start the game to test it, but before I did I wanted to right click on the icon on the taskbar again, in case I missed something and now I get nothing. It doesnt work. And it was a complete waste of time.

Apologies for wasting folks time or getting peoples hopes up for gamepad/joystick support for GSF. It's not here. And if it is, I'm not about to waste another hour on it, let alone give them money for brokenware. If anyone else wants to break their heads on it, be my guest and I wish you better luck. If someone finds a bootleg torrent of it, I might give it another try. But not like this.

BadOrb
04.06.2014 , 11:25 AM | #237
xpadder worked pretty well for GSF , all I had to do from ground game to flight was adjust the sensitivity and it works well , you might need to change it for the different ships though.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

HiddenPalm
04.06.2014 , 03:21 PM | #238
Quote: Originally Posted by BadOrb View Post
xpadder worked pretty well for GSF , all I had to do from ground game to flight was adjust the sensitivity and it works well , you might need to change it for the different ships though.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
THANKS!!! I'll try that. Allot of people BEEN asking for gamepad/joystick support. I wonder if they know about this?

UPDATE: They are asking for $10. And the only option I see to pay is through paypal. I boycotted paypal long ago, as they started asking me for a picture ID, even though I never had problems with them for 9 years and even though I know of no one who was asked for a picture ID and even though they already have my credit card info and phone number. Even today two years later, they still refuse to close my account but they spam me all the time to remind me of the status of my now limited account. Actually its not even them, someone somehow found out I have a limited account on paypal and is trying to get my password. Why did paypal disclose that information and to whom, is beyond me. It's just very, very creepy, especially since I live in the US, which makes the situation all the more creepier. I'll never use paypal or any creepy service like them. I'll try to find a bootleg or an open source alternative. But thanks anyway.

The things we go through for this game. -_-

HiddenPalm
04.06.2014 , 03:41 PM | #239
The forums at xpadder have been closed since 2011. Unclear as to when it was last updated or latest version. Cant communicate my problem on how to pay to the developer. And unclear as to why he closed the forums. But I found a bootleg copy on filestube. Will try that as it beats begging the developer to give him money, since I dont use paypal.

Also J2K is freeware. It doesnt appear to have the features of xpadder and pennacle, but I'll try that too. Actually since JoytoKey is Opensource, I'm going to try that first, I love opensource tech. And I'll even donate money to support them. And their last update was a year ago, which is more recent than the others.

If JoytoKey works with GSF, I'm going to tell everyone that plays SWTOR everywhere and even put their logo if they have one on my twitch page.

JJTEAMA
07.07.2014 , 02:35 AM | #240
I use a 3Gc. how can I ge how can I get this to enter Facebook Star to enter face with Star Wars The Old Republic. the xpadder program does not work. I'm not really a keyboard player and im tired of doing it that way it's a real struggle
VISUALLY IMPAIRED VERY BIG TEXT NEEDED TO READ.
http://www.swtor.com/r/2tVWWG get great stuff
message brought to you by Automattic voice to text program
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...99#post7515899. About me