Well, how do you get around the HM bosses with burst skills? Like HK-47.

I was in HM False Emperor the other day and when he went into enrage mode, his snipe does 65k-70k dmg. How are people suppose to tank thru that sort of damage?

Even if you use defensive utilities, you're still pretty much left near death, which healers have a hard time keeping up with.

I was in HM False Emperor the other day and when he went into enrage mode, his snipe does 65k-70k dmg. How are people suppose to tank thru that sort of damage?

Even if you use defensive utilities, you're still pretty much left near death, which healers have a hard time keeping up with.

There are some FPs with some bosses that can be incredibly difficult with characters lower than 65:

• Lost Island and Blood Hunt are front and center where all the bosses are challenging even when the group is four 65s, so having anyone lower than 65 makes these even more difficult.
  • As you point out, any boss with an enrage timer (they do not all have one) can be tough because without all 65s you cannot beat the enrage (that being said, I have been in a group that beat the enrage of HK-47 with only three - fourth died early and healer did not want to use battle rev (saving it for tank JIC).
  • Any boss with a high damage ability (like HK-47's or Kiran's snipe). If the <65 is targeted by these abilities chances are they are dead.

IMO at some point, the devs need to go through all the FPs and apply some fixes to all FPs - T and HM.

It's certainly possible; you just have to know what you're doing. I typically queue for HM FP's starting at 50 when I'm leveling a class with a tank or healer spec (I do occasionally as dps too, but the queue is long) and only very rarely have a problem where me being underleveled is the issue.

For example, in the pug Battle of Rishi HM where I was tanking at level 50-something a while ago, on the last boss my poor survivability was a bit too much for the otherwise well-geared pug group. [Though I've tanked this boss for guildies with tank + 2 dps under 65 with no issues, but our healer was ace.]

On the other hand, just this week I tanked Lost Island at level 62 in a pug (everyone else was 65, but they all only had 208 gear). We wiped a good amount, but that's what you'd expect from a Lost Island pug, and wasn't all that related to my being underleveled [we'd have wiped a few less times, but most were to people not doing mechanics], and we made it through.

Edited by cxten

You're not supposed to make it through enrage. Enrage means you're bad and should learn how to play your class and pratice your rotation (or are really really undergearded, which is almost not really a thing because of bolster). I'm not targeting you specifically, but you get the idea. Enrage is a very punishing mode that force you to bring a regular composition (ie. not 1 tank and 3 heals for exemple) to beat the boss. Some are manageable because of the bad level of dificulty (Soa HM for example), but most of them are not survivable for a long time.

And if you think an enrage that deals 65-70k damage per hit is hard, wait till you do harder content than HM FP ^^

Whan on low health, HK attempts to assassinate random players. As far as I know, there is nothing else to do than heal over the damages and burst damage to finish it quick/ Edited by Nkya

You're not supposed to make it through enrage. Enrage means you're bad and should learn how to play your class and pratice your rotation (or are really really undergearded, which is almost not really a thing because of bolster). I'm not targeting you specifically, but you get the idea. Enrage is a very punishing mode that force you to bring a regular composition (ie. not 1 tank and 3 heals for exemple) to beat the boss. Some are manageable because of the bad level of dificulty (Soa HM for example), but most of them are not survivable for a long time.

And if you think an enrage that deals 65-70k damage per hit is hard, wait till you do harder content than HM FP ^^

A HM FP guarantees the holy trinity of RPGs, so there's no issue of party make-up.

It used to be that the main bosses were more straightforward and only required tank-and-spank. Real challenge came from bonus bosses.

If enrage mode is meant as a gear/dps check, how will bolster help? You will hardly ever find a lvl50 optimally geared for HM.

Please show me a PUG of 50s clearing a HM False Emperor or HM Maelstrom Prison.

A HM FP guarantees the holy trinity of RPGs, so there's no issue of party make-up.

It used to be that the main bosses were more straightforward and only required tank-and-spank. Real challenge came from bonus bosses.

If enrage mode is meant as a gear/dps check, how will bolster help? You will hardly ever find a lvl50 optimally geared for HM.

You realise that's exactly what we used to do when the level cap was 50,

HM FP don't require you to be really well geared. I mean, I cleared some of them with DPS that had 105% accuracy or tank in full massassi gear back in 3.0 and it went fine. Sure it's a tiny bit harder if you're not 65, but bolster compensate a lot what your gear is missing so the only thing you really need now to beat enrage is to know how to play your spec half way decently.

And I'd be really happy to show you how to beat False Emperor ou Maelstrom as a level 50, but I don't have a level 50 and can't be bothered to level one just for you.

HM False emperor has been soloed. So if 4 people cannot do that one person did, I guess the issue does not come from the FP...

That's awesome!

I'm at work & can't watch the video, but a few points to consider -

1) was the person who solo'd HM FE maxed out in gear? I think that would help.

2) weren't comp's OP for a while after release of KOTFE? Can you tell what his comps influence is?

Not to take anything away from this person, I agree it is quite an accomplishment. Just wondering if they could do it again now that comps have been nerfed.

To answer the op o this thread - yes, it is totally possible to pug HM FP's at <65. Don't give up!

Edited by tharbison

Well I have been doing many HM fps lately for achievments and yes, there are groups that fail badly on them, but overall for every player that knows what to do, its a walk in the park.

LIke 2 days ago I was tanking Lost Island (i only get pops as tank or healer), we were wyping on every boss (except the first one) and then we got to the bonus boss. He enraged everytime around 30%. I was able to survive by using shroud 2x and then a little kitting so we did get him to like 5%. Then one dps got kicked for being crap and the healer drew out his lvl 10 companion and made him dps. Naturally the companion died in the first "ice dropping" phase, however, we still got the boss to 10%.

All this means, that the dps person had lower dps than a companion that was dpsing only until 75% hp of boss. Now that is the state of the swtor players now. Its not just one HM FPS i have seen this in, but many.

Depends on the hard mode,HM like Czerca and Hammer station can be done by almost any PUG,however some HM such as Battle of rishi and blood hunt,and the forged aliances one require a great deal of player skill and team work you rarely find in group finder.

That's awesome!

I'm at work & can't watch the video, but a few points to consider -

1) was the person who solo'd HM FE maxed out in gear? I think that would help.

2) weren't comp's OP for a while after release of KOTFE? Can you tell what his comps influence is?

Not to take anything away from this person, I agree it is quite an accomplishment. Just wondering if they could do it again now that comps have been nerfed.

To answer the op o this thread - yes, it is totally possible to pug HM FP's at <65. Don't give up!

the quality of the video is really bad, but he wrote in the description that he has lvl 50 lana, it's published 1/10/2016 so should have op companions. it lasts one hours so i'm sure he wipes. he's definetly not at max gear watching his crits ( 12k dispatch, 10k last MS tick).

on topic, probably to all the FP, and not in all roles all bosses, but yes..you can work around it. most pugs can wipe even all 65 and such so...

the quality of the video is really bad, but he wrote in the description that he has lvl 50 lana, it's published 1/10/2016 so should have op companions. it lasts one hours so i'm sure he wipes. he's definetly not at max gear watching his crits ( 12k dispatch, 10k last MS tick).

on topic, probably to all the FP, and not in all roles all bosses, but yes..you can work around it. most pugs can wipe even all 65 and such so...

The video was posted January the 10th, so way after the companion nerf.