Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Stronghold this year?

Anghkor
05.12.2016 , 05:36 PM | #1
Will there be a new stronghold this year? Somebody has some infos?
Sic vis pacem, para bellum!

Capella
05.13.2016 , 09:40 AM | #2
No info yet. There are many threads on how much people want a new SH and people talking about which one they want, so there's certainly a market hoping for news.
The Sunfall Legacy - Ebon Hawk
Max-level chars: Capella (Guardian) ; Ishev (Commando) ; Thyreophora (Vanguard) ; Auriva (Juggernaut) ; Khouris (Sorcerer) ; Xadhira (Marauder)
Please fix the Zabrak skin tone bug!

Xina_LA
05.13.2016 , 10:03 AM | #3
A question for all those who have played longer than I have (which is probably all of you) --
How often do they tend to give us stronghold news?

For example, we've been asking for the Felucia limit to be raised. Is this the kind of change they tend to make or ignore, and are we likely to hear anything about it before it happens?

Pietrastor
05.15.2016 , 05:54 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
A question for all those who have played longer than I have (which is probably all of you) --
How often do they tend to give us stronghold news?
We knew about Yavin 3/4 months before it was released. As months go by in 2016, it's becoming less and less likely there will be another stronghold this year

Capella
05.16.2016 , 07:24 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
We knew about Yavin 3/4 months before it was released. As months go by in 2016, it's becoming less and less likely there will be another stronghold this year
That's a shame. Maybe Yavin didn't sell very well, so they don't think it's worthwhile?
The Sunfall Legacy - Ebon Hawk
Max-level chars: Capella (Guardian) ; Ishev (Commando) ; Thyreophora (Vanguard) ; Auriva (Juggernaut) ; Khouris (Sorcerer) ; Xadhira (Marauder)
Please fix the Zabrak skin tone bug!

Themanthatisi
05.19.2016 , 07:36 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Capella View Post
That's a shame. Maybe Yavin didn't sell very well, so they don't think it's worthwhile?
That is possible. I did not like Tatooine either and even though I have over 10k in CC and wealthy in game, I am still in DK and Coruscant.

The only other large SH is NS and to me, it is too ugly to even get into setting it up.

If they gave us a SH that we actually want, I know I will buy it. I would like a large structure, not so much land and my top choice would still be Manaan.

As veterans, my wife and I have done just about everything in the game (except pvp), a nice SH would keep me busy in-between chapters and keep us subbed. Instead, we are breaking again and will be back after the chapters are all out.

At the very least, they should say something either way...
Click HERE for FREE stuff in SWTOR, including 7 free days as a subscriber. For more information, click HERE.

EHKodiak
05.20.2016 , 04:12 AM | #7
Most people just bought Yavin expansions with credits rather than CC, and there isn't THAT many Yavins on the listing on fleet, so I don't think we'll ever get a new Stronghold.

I mean even look at this sub forum, it's possibly the least visited too - sadly we are done for, at least we'll continue to get decorations in the forms of drops.

casirabit
05.20.2016 , 11:57 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Capella View Post
Depends I would guess on the server and the people you know. Everyone I know has one.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Xina_LA
05.20.2016 , 09:25 PM | #9
I would love a stronghold that didn't have round rooms, didn't have slanted walls or giant baseboards that make placing furniture difficult. Especially if it had stairs instead of an elevator. Add in a good mix of hooks and I won't care what planet it's on.

casirabit
05.21.2016 , 11:43 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
I would love a stronghold that didn't have round rooms, didn't have slanted walls or giant baseboards that make placing furniture difficult. Especially if it had stairs instead of an elevator. Add in a good mix of hooks and I won't care what planet it's on.
Most of the strongholds we have do not have elevators. They all (minus yavin and tattoine) have stairs, usually two sets of stairs. Yavin doesn't not have a elevator.

Tattoine may be the only one that has an elevator to get down to the ground, can't recall offhand as I don't have tattoine.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj