Can someone help me with this black screen problem?

DarthWarduke

Just recently when I either launch the game or if I manage to get in the game my screen will go black. The monitor will behave as if it is not connected and I have to do a hard reboot of the PC.

I have tried the fixes listed here

http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/INFO-Common-Issues-and-Solutions/m-p/4832469/highlight/true#M10

I reinstalled my video driver and even reinstalled the whole game!

I have also talked with customer support on the phone and things went smooth for 10 minutes then crapped out on me again.

System specs:

Windows 10 64bit

Intel i7 4790

16 gigs ram

NVIDIA GTX 770 4 gig card

1 tb samsung 840 ssd

27" 144hz BenQ monitor (Running a DVI cable not an HDMI)

Please help... :confused:

There are supposed to be a couple of workarounds and one possible driver rollback.

Since I don't want to rollback drivers (due to needing the updated ones for other programs), I just:

Ctrl+Alt+Del

Open Task Manager

Click game on Windows task bar

That's all there is to it. :cool:

I have tried your suggestions and even went so far as to do the following..

1. http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8364018&postcount=145

2. DX9.0c Manually

•Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time.

•Copy the following in to the text box and press ok: %localappdata%\swtor\swtor\settings

•Open the client_settings.ini file and ensure the following are displayed within, or edit/add if so required:

Fullscreen = false

D3DFullScreen = false

RefreshRate = 60

Check NativeHeight, NativeWidth, Height and Width ( all 4 ) match your monitor resolution.

clean boot - http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/929135 if that works re-enable one thing at a time to find the conflict ( If using the Streaming Launcher (Bitraider) you will need to leave the Bitraider Stub Service running on the clean boot or the launcher will stop at 100% and not allow play to be pressed ).

And of course remove and re-add both launcher.exe and swtor.exe to the AV and Firewall exception lists sometimes after a patch the exceptions fail due to the file change.

So be sure the AV hasn't also quarantined swtor.exe

I also blew away my video drivers and reinstalled them as well as the NVIDIA experience thing.

I am wondering if it is my audio? or Perhaps because I am running a single DVI cable to my monitor when it has 2 DVI inputs on the back? Maybe I should try crappy HDMI or remove the 2nd monitor? I have calibrated all settings to match in both resolutions and in Hz.

Maybe I should just format the computer? It has been a while.. or I could look for an older video driver?

This is making me so crazy! :(

I have tried your suggestions and even went so far as to do the following..

1. http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8364018&postcount=145

2. DX9.0c Manually

I also blew away my video drivers and reinstalled them as well as the NVIDIA experience thing.

I am wondering if it is my audio? or Perhaps because I am running a single DVI cable to my monitor when it has 2 DVI inputs on the back? Maybe I should try crappy HDMI or remove the 2nd monitor? I have calibrated all settings to match in both resolutions and in Hz.

Maybe I should just format the computer? It has been a while.. or I could look for an older video driver?

This is making me so crazy! :(

Hmm... there was a post from OwenBrooks about this, if you feel like searching. He states the version of the driver that needs to be installed to fix it.

I have formatted the HDD and totally reinstalled windows 10, and reinstalled SWTOR. Naturally I made sure to check all the drivers, graphics settings such as native resolution, Hz etc etc.

I believe now the problem is a hardware failure of the video card itself. The card is a GTX 770 4 gigabyte card and has never given me any problems in the past with the game.

It still works fine for all other games as well. The game did play well for about 20 minutes before black screening on me.

I checked the reliability monitor and this is what I found

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 117

Parameter 1: ffffe001ae8fd4c0

Parameter 2: fffff800cbd903c4

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 0

OS version: 10_0_10586

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.10586.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: LKD_0x117_Tdr:9_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

Also this one was there as well.

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 141

Parameter 1: ffffe001aeed14c0

Parameter 2: fffff800cbd903c4

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 176c

OS version: 10_0_10586

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.10586.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

Any further advice or support you could provide would be greatly appreciated.