Lagging for 17 minutes.

Kaykatkhaine

Okay, hi. I joined April 27 and subscribed yesterday.

Since i joined, I have been literally lagging from about 5 minutes up until 20 minutes.

• My sound bugs out. Ex. When my Bounty Hunter casts moves that make a pew pew pew pew sound, that will make me lag.
  • Opening my map sometimes lags me.
  • Getting on my speeder lags me.
  • Running to mission mobs/objectives lags me.
  • Tabbing in and out lags me.
  • Casting moves/spells lags me.
  • Moving lags me.

• I have uninstalled and reinstalled
  • I have repaired the bitraider folder
  • All graphics have been turned down to the very minimum.
  • I have to have subtitles for conversations because I have my sound muted because it lags and i don't know what they're saying.

I took a video of me lagging and will post to youtube if anyone is interested in looking for themselves? (Excuse my husband and I in the background having a conversation)

Help me please! I'm desperate!! I want to love this game, I really do, but its so hard to love with all these issues

Okay, hi. I joined April 27 and subscribed yesterday.

Since i joined, I have been literally lagging from about 5 minutes up until 20 minutes.

• My sound bugs out. Ex. When my Bounty Hunter casts moves that make a pew pew pew pew sound, that will make me lag.
  • Opening my map sometimes lags me.
  • Getting on my speeder lags me.
  • Running to mission mobs/objectives lags me.
  • Tabbing in and out lags me.
  • Casting moves/spells lags me.
  • Moving lags me.

• I have uninstalled and reinstalled
  • I have repaired the bitraider folder
  • All graphics have been turned down to the very minimum.
  • I have to have subtitles for conversations because I have my sound muted because it lags and i don't know what they're saying.

I took a video of me lagging and will post to youtube if anyone is interested in looking for themselves? (Excuse my husband and I in the background having a conversation)

Help me please! I'm desperate!! I want to love this game, I really do, but its so hard to love with all these issues

Hello Kay,

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble with swtor. It would be nice to see the video if you could link it here. Couple questions, do you have any other programs open at the same time as swtor? I find having multiple programs open alongside swtor can cause some nasty lag. Second question, what are your computer specs and computer version (Windows etc)? And last question, i assume by "I have repaired the bitraider folder" you deleted the bitraider folder and let swtor repatch itself?

Cheers,

AylaL

Edited by AylaL

Hello Kay,

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble with swtor. It would be nice to see the video if you could link it here. Couple questions, do you have any other programs open at the same time as swtor? I find having multiple programs open alongside swtor can cause some nasty lag. Second question, what are your computer specs and computer version (Windows etc)? And last question, i assume by "I have repaired the bitraider folder" you deleted the bitraider folder and let swtor repatch itself?

Cheers,

AylaL

My phone is currently flat, I will upload when I can.

I have Skype and Firefox, but even when I quit them, I still lag.

I use Windows 10, my specs are

AMD A6-6310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics 1.80 GHz

4 GB RAM

64 bit operating system

Yes I deleted the bitraider folder and let SWTOR patch itself

Edited by Kaykatkhaine
Spelling mistake

My phone is currently flat, I will upload when I can.

I have Skype and Firefox, but even when I quit them, I still lag.

I use Windows 10, my specs are

4 GB RAM

64 bit operating system

Yes I deleted the bitraider folder and let SWTOR patch itself

Did you experience any of this lag prior to upgrading to windows 10?

Edited by AylaL

I upgraded to Windows 10 months before I got SWTOR

Ok, was just throwing that out there as Windows 10 still has a bunch of issues (Not saying it's the only one). Try narrowing down the stuff in the article i've linked and see if one of them is causing the extreme lag you're getting. If that doesn't work I can only suggest downgrading from Windows 10 for the aforementioned reason. https://www.badosoft.com/knowledgebase/how_to_fix_swtor_lag.php

Ok, was just throwing that out there as Windows 10 still has a bunch of issues (Not saying it's the only one). Try narrowing down the stuff in the article i've linked and see if one of them is causing the extreme lag you're getting. If that doesn't work I can only suggest downgrading from Windows 10 for the aforementioned reason. https://www.badosoft.com/knowledgebase/how_to_fix_swtor_lag.php
How do I downgrade?

How do I downgrade?

You would have been able to downgrade within 1 month of upgrading to windows 10, now however the only option you have is to do a full system restore or if you have a portable external hard drive you can use that to save anything important you don't want to lose and then revert back to a previous version of windows I.E windows 7/8/8.1. I personally use a 2 TB (Terabyte) Seagate hard drive which i got from Staples for around 80 dollars plus tax.

To do a full system restore, move your mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen and a menu will appear. Click on settings then click PC settings. Go to update and recovery then click on recovery, go the general tab and click on remove everything and reinstall windows.

For reverting to a previous version, Swipe in to the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)

Enter Control Panel in the search box, and tap or click Control Panel.

Enter Recovery in the Control Panel search box, and then tap or click Recovery.

Tap or click Open System Restore, and then follow the instructions.

• 4 months later...
game has been lagging very badly cant play game I get one bar for a minute an then no bars for up to 20 minutes an the lag got to over 200,ooo this game is turning **** because of it

The OP's lags were system hang-ups where SWTOR was unresponsible until Windows did its automated driver-restart in the background. This can happen from buggy drivers or hardware issues (often caused by overclocked graphic-cards, even those that are shipped that way.).

The Internet lag you experience is rarely on your or the game server's side, but somewhere along the route. This could be anything from a crashed switch/router to roadworks cutting a fibre cable. It can also be a deliberate measure to discourage gaming traffic over this route, or the crossfire of a DDOS attack somewhere else.

Usually the internet "repairs itself" by establishing a different route if the problem persists, but this will take some time. For the time being you can use gaming VPN services like Wtfast, Pingzapper or Battleping to enforce a different route.

You can contact your ISP, but they may be as helpless as you, or too big to bother about your gaming problems. SWTOR could also tell their ISP to change something, but the farther away the problem is from their servers, and the less players are currently affected, the more hesitant they will be to change anything.

Edited by Mubrak

4 GB RAM

This is your problem. The A6's CPU portion is not good enough for this game.

If this is a laptop, you're SOL and need to buy something better.

If it's a desktop, you could upgrade the APU to a better A8-7600 or best, an A10-7870. The best thing, if possible - not knowing your power supply, etc - would be to upgrade to an Intel i5 or wait for AMD Zen.

Increasing the RAM to 8Gigs would also help.

EDIT - it's good to see that your lag has cleared up. You'll still find that the A6 will have poor FPS in most cases.

EDIT #2 - I just looked up the A6-6310. It's a mobile processor, so I assume you have a laptop. You need a better computer. :)

Edited by JediQuaker