Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why was?


Ingsoc_XT's Avatar


Ingsoc_XT
05.09.2016 , 01:37 PM | #11
To me, the only Dark Council members not showing signs of DS corruption are the pureblood ones (like Arkous and Vowrawn) and Darth Acina (and we don't know yet what's her secret).

On the others the corruption is either obvious or, in the cases of Marr and Jadus, we can assume the corruption affected their visage to really disturbing levels.

josephinec's Avatar


josephinec
05.09.2016 , 01:59 PM | #12
Isn't it said that Darth Marr once removed his mask in front of a Moff, who later committed suicide after seeing it?
I think the face of Marr we see in armor previews is just a placeholder.
Click here so we all get nice things: http://www.swtor.com/r/yLqcYJ
#ThanksBioware
Vaylin deserved better.

Xilizhra's Avatar


Xilizhra
05.09.2016 , 02:11 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by josephinec View Post
Isn't it said that Darth Marr once removed his mask in front of a Moff, who later committed suicide after seeing it?
I think the face of Marr we see in armor previews is just a placeholder.
It's only a rumor, as is the idea that his face is disfigured at all.

adormitul's Avatar


adormitul
05.09.2016 , 02:12 PM | #14
Well I did say probably Darth Marr the rest are not affected by the dark side that much. By the way there are 50 something people that look as worse as Darth Barras.
Are the pure bloods immune to dark side corruption or what? Are the Zabraks also immune because Darth Maul does not seem affected either.

Rhyltran's Avatar


Rhyltran
05.09.2016 , 02:57 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
Well I did say probably Darth Marr the rest are not affected by the dark side that much. By the way there are 50 something people that look as worse as Darth Barras.
Are the pure bloods immune to dark side corruption or what? Are the Zabraks also immune because Darth Maul does not seem affected either.
The sith species as a whole are naturally inclined to the dark side. Being a natural dark sided species I'd assume it wouldn't effect them both mentally and physically as drastically as other beings.

As for Darth Maul, usually it takes time for dark side corruption to take serious effect. He's relatively young until Rebels. That and it appears to only truly effect users the most who practice at least some form of sorcery or use more advanced techniques. There does seem to be such a thing as "overuse." I guess it's kind of like drugs. If you do them every now and then it's not good for you but you're not going to look like you're on death's doorstep. Do them everyday and you're going to look like crap.

Daex's Avatar


Daex
05.09.2016 , 06:40 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
Why was Darth Barras and Darth Thanthon and well Darth Malgus hell even Darth Ravage or most council members besides well probably Darth Marr not affected by dark side corruption while other sith like Darth Zash, Darth Vader, Darth Sidious (probably) affected?
What makes some affected and others not?
I always thought Darth Malgus was affected by Dark Side corruption. At the end, he looked like he has been resurrected.
http://sta.sh/0pvlp7nepkv
You can see his corruption developing as he is getting older (which I assume also means he is getting more powerful). It is stated in the book that he did not care much about his looks, while other Sith Lord, whom he killed, (I won't spoil it) was neat and cared about his appearance. That made me think, maybe there is every-day ritual to 'heal' your skin/body if your power is evolving naturally, meaning you should not take too much power in a short time or you end up looking like Darth Zash. Then, nobody can't help you! Other explanation is that they are using botox + make-up: powder, lipstick etc.

adormitul's Avatar


adormitul
05.10.2016 , 10:17 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Daex View Post
I always thought Darth Malgus was affected by Dark Side corruption. At the end, he looked like he has been resurrected.
http://sta.sh/0pvlp7nepkv
You can see his corruption developing as he is getting older (which I assume also means he is getting more powerful). It is stated in the book that he did not care much about his looks, while other Sith Lord, whom he killed, (I won't spoil it) was neat and cared about his appearance. That made me think, maybe there is every-day ritual to 'heal' your skin/body if your power is evolving naturally, meaning you should not take too much power in a short time or you end up looking like Darth Zash. Then, nobody can't help you! Other explanation is that they are using botox + make-up: powder, lipstick etc.
Well I do not know if Darth Malgus looks disfigured because of the dark side or well because he got a grenade on his face, then a small mountain then a huge building all in one day. I guess there is only so much you can fix.

Audoucet's Avatar


Audoucet
05.11.2016 , 09:05 AM | #18
Darth Malgus was already grey skinned in the "Returned" trailer. In "Deceived", he is comparable to Vader.

And don't forget that the corruption can be hidden. Sidious hid it, for most of his life. One could argue that he was disfigured because of his own lightnings, but Luke received even more of it, and had no trace.

Rhyltran's Avatar


Rhyltran
05.11.2016 , 10:05 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Audoucet View Post
Darth Malgus was already grey skinned in the "Returned" trailer. In "Deceived", he is comparable to Vader.

And don't forget that the corruption can be hidden. Sidious hid it, for most of his life. One could argue that he was disfigured because of his own lightnings, but Luke received even more of it, and had no trace.
This. The technique in question is called Sith Mask. Remember, Zash looked normal too until she revealed it. How many other "Good looking" Sith hiding their disfigurements the same way? One could make the argument if you go full dark side and click off "Show dark side corruption" your character is doing just that.

Krimlord's Avatar


Krimlord
05.11.2016 , 01:01 PM | #20
I don't think Zash looked like that as an illusion. She stated she did that to "share in your youth", in regards to the sith inquisitor. Meaning whatever ritual she used siphoned youthfulness from others or something similar, to keep her from being in that old state. Once that ritual wore off however, her vessel physically reverted back to the way it was, because it took energy to keep it going. And by the time she was to do the body switch she allowed her body to return to it's dying elder state thinking she'd take her over.

Point is I don't think it is always an illusion so much as stealing youth to actually be younger or in better shape physically, but not for long do to the energy cost. But sometimes it could've been hidden like with Sidious. One could say Dooku hid it, yet he was an 80's year old man who was in strangely great shape compared to how he should be that old and weighed by the dark side.