Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why was?


adormitul's Avatar


adormitul
05.09.2016 , 06:20 AM | #1
Why was Darth Barras and Darth Thanthon and well Darth Malgus hell even Darth Ravage or most council members besides well probably Darth Marr not affected by dark side corruption while other sith like Darth Zash, Darth Vader, Darth Sidious (probably) affected?
What makes some affected and others not?

Avashnea's Avatar


Avashnea
05.09.2016 , 06:30 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
Why was Darth Barras and Darth Thanthon and well Darth Malgus hell even Darth Ravage or most council members besides well probably Darth Marr not affected by dark side corruption while other sith like Darth Zash, Darth Vader, Darth Sidious (probably) affected?
What makes some affected and others not?
Umm Baras was VERY much effected by DS corruption and who knows if Marr was.

adormitul's Avatar


adormitul
05.09.2016 , 06:35 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Avashnea View Post
Umm Baras was VERY much effected by DS corruption and who knows if Marr was.
He had yellow eyes big deal Darth Zash was a mummy. Also I doubt he was very affected by it considering all the other ones affect by dark side where well skinny he was well so fat that he had his own gravity just saying a weakened body can not really get that fat.

Avashnea's Avatar


Avashnea
05.09.2016 , 07:26 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
He had yellow eyes big deal Darth Zash was a mummy. Also I doubt he was very affected by it considering all the other ones affect by dark side where well skinny he was well so fat that he had his own gravity just saying a weakened body can not really get that fat.
His face was white and all wrinkled....

adormitul's Avatar


adormitul
05.09.2016 , 07:50 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Avashnea View Post
His face was white and all wrinkled....
Well it does not help that he was like 50 something when he died how do you think you will look when you are over 50 with no wrinkles and red?

Rhyltran's Avatar


Rhyltran
05.09.2016 , 09:29 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
Well it does not help that he was like 50 something when he died how do you think you will look when you are over 50 with no wrinkles and red?
His face is a lot worse than most people who are in their 50's.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20140526170526

Darth Zash is also ancient and dying. Marr's use of the dark side left him terminally ill. He was dying by Makeb from overuse of it. Darth Malgus was effected by it heavily too.

Case in point..

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/...20120127020728

JennyFlynn's Avatar


JennyFlynn
05.09.2016 , 09:35 AM | #7
About Marr;

Quote:
Darth Marr was a human male who was famous for never revealing his true face—the Dark Lord was perpetually encased in his personalized suit of battle armor, and rumor had it that the sight of Marr's visage was the reason Moff Xerxian committed suicide. Throughout his tenure on the Dark Council, Darth Marr's body slowly transformed as a result of immersion in the dark side of the Force, and by the time war broke out again with the Republic the Sith Lord was aware that his body would not last much longer.[1]
Sounds most definitely affected to me..
Unsubscribed until new story content is provided and/or all companions have returned.


--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | | Defying Destiny @}}>---}-------

Diviciacus's Avatar


Diviciacus
05.09.2016 , 09:40 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
He had yellow eyes big deal Darth Zash was a mummy. Also I doubt he was very affected by it considering all the other ones affect by dark side where well skinny he was well so fat that he had his own gravity just saying a weakened body can not really get that fat.
Darth Baras was actually always rail-thin.

Observe: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20120809221932

Baras is the white-haired guy on the left, crossing sabers with Satele Shan. The reason he has Body Type 4 in TOR is because for some reason the storyboard designers decided he had to be physically imposing in addition to having an extremely menacing personality. However, Body Type 3 males are literally eight or nine feet tall; that is to say a body type 3 male is the same height as as a Wookiee NPC. So the next best thing to give him some semblance of physical prowess (without having him actually fight, because he's 54 years old when TOR starts in 3643 BBY) is to make him super fat.

It's a terrible copout, but Bioware limited themselves by making only four radically different body types for each gender. If there were a tall but thin body type, that would have been Baras.
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

Xilizhra's Avatar


Xilizhra
05.09.2016 , 10:39 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
About Marr;



Sounds most definitely affected to me..
This appears to have been either a false rumor or a deliberate lie: it's possible to see Darth Marr's face if you screw with item previews when you have him as a companion, and he looks perfectly normal. The mask seems to be purely for intimidation and mystique.

Aeneas_Falco's Avatar


Aeneas_Falco
05.09.2016 , 12:09 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
This appears to have been either a false rumor or a deliberate lie: it's possible to see Darth Marr's face if you screw with item previews when you have him as a companion, and he looks perfectly normal. The mask seems to be purely for intimidation and mystique.
I would take Marr's description as canon, and not the face you see underneath the helm via glitches. It's likely the face underneath is just a place holder, and that he would look different if he were ever unmasked in the story.

That said I do like the place holder face as a base. If they had ever unmasked him while he was still alive, they could have used that, added max dark side corruption, give him red or orange eyes, and add some gruesome disfigurement to match the description of him unmasked.