Do people really think ops need a nerf??? Nerf saber reflect pls! Skill cap too high

Fabzeros

Reroll a concealment operative all you merc/jugg mains, and see whether its ACTUALLY overpowered or you're simply facing a skilled player. Good ops should get the same respect as a good marauder/merc player or any good player of any class, even though operatives can't carry nearly as well.

It's your fault for being so predictable and tunneling into roll, like it's my fault when I hit into reflect. Nerf

There's a reason why nearly every class beats operatives in ratings. Operatives are a terribly hard to play in ranked and has the overall highest skill cap. But nerf everyone who plays better than you right? Even though you may actually have a higher rating by playing an ACTUAL broken class which happens to be easy as well (mara/sorc).

Just pisses me off when I see people calling for nerfs still.

The way to counter an op in arenas is this: stun/cc/IGNORE them and kill their teammates. Laugh at their "burst" through 50 of your 99.99999% mitigation dcd with 100% uptime and kill their teammates.

If it's a bad op (i.e, 90% of every op in s7), just tunnel him first as Mosh used to say. After he breaks double-hard-stun and restealths, just whitebar him again and kill him. Gamez r hard//

HOW TO MAKE OPERATIVES VIABLE AGAIN (RANDOM IDEAS)

Buff operative survivability, buff operative damage, make toxic scan break force effects as well (roots, slows, awes) and maybe add a 3rd roll or take away any cd on roll.

MAYBE more ops would be able to do well on Harb, since the class is THE MOST tiring to play and most people don't have the energy to grind out enough games.

END OF RANT

P.S., Please nerf KO on mercs or make I unavailable during Energy Shield! THEY ALREADY HAVE SELF HEALS! Their burst is too strong and impossible to shut down even under full focus from 4 dps. Too many people are bad at the class. Nerf KO + ENERGY SHIELD pls!!

Edited by Fabzeros

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone is seriously calling for a nerf.

It's been a running meme since forever.

Somehow he didn't get that meme I guess. It's only been a running joke for the last 4 years? That being said, NERF OPERATIVES!!!!!! TOO STRONK!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Look man, stunlocking operatives lead people to unsubscribe. Nerf Operatives.

#nerfops

#opstoostronk

#stunlockingops

Operatives also have some uncanny way of stunlocking people's fingers too. Whenever I see someone get a node stolen from them while guarding, when you ask them "WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL FOR HELP!!!!!!", they always say, 'I WAS STUNNED BRO IT WAS A *********** OP!!!!!!" Then it makes sense, and I just nod my head. Damn ops and their RL stuns....

Operatives also have some uncanny way of stunlocking people's fingers too. Whenever I see someone get a node stolen from them while guarding, when you ask them "WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL FOR HELP!!!!!!", they always say, 'I WAS STUNNED BRO IT WAS A *********** OP!!!!!!" Then it makes sense, and I just nod my head. Damn ops and their RL stuns....

Every time.

Operatives actually need less survivability, or rather, more passive survivability and less active survivability.

That's the only way we're going to get a dmg buff.

imo our damage is fine, just difficult to pull off.

I've ported a scoundrel to TEH and may try some solo ranked there. It would be great if we can queue-sync and I can demonstrate how an average Harbringer-cultured operative plays abit.

Just got back into the game, might run some solos on Harb again, add me if you would like to duel in between pops!

A dev examined the metrics shortly after release and determined that stunlocking operatives were causing people to unsub. Hence they were nerfed first and hardest at a time when there were numerous other more conspicuous problems going on.

But decent dps ops absolutely can carry in arenas without healers much better than several other classes can.

I have yet to kill a pro op. Just because a class has a stupidly high skill floor (like maras too) that means 99.9% of the people who play the class suck at it and end up as road kill, DOESNT mean the class isn't broken when played properly according to its strengths.

An ops surviabilty and longevity with its hots self healths that work while stunned, its rolls, its restealths, its abilty to kite melee and los hard casting ranged is actually very strong in the hands of an experienced ops player. It is totally possible to completely outplay a seasoned opponent and thus we get epic stories of one op holding a acw base against 3 randoms for half a game, of the op whose team died in an arena and he goes on to solo the 3 dps guys who are left. Not all of this can be dismissed as "baddies with l2p issues"

I believe there isn't a class in the game that rewards so completely being able to play it at its maximum potential. The stuff you can pull and the ability to dominate opponents is at a different level then for example a well played commando or shadow. This is why ops have their own separate category in dueling tournaments and why the good operatives on a server are known and quietly feared.

While I can see how the community accepts this as being ok, I can't help but feel it would be better for the majority if they lowered the barrier of entry for the operatives so more people could play it decently at the price of toning down what the exceptional players can achieve at the top end. You can't debate how to lower skill caps and floors however without 12 replies of "nerf ops #toostronk" and accusations of trolling. I'm not trying to nerf ops! just get more people playing them.

I have yet to kill a pro op. Just because a class has a stupidly high skill floor (like maras too) that means 99.9% of the people who play the class suck at it and end up as road kill, DOESNT mean the class isn't broken when played properly according to its strengths.

An ops surviabilty and longevity with its hots self healths that work while stunned, its rolls, its restealths, its abilty to kite melee and los hard casting ranged is actually very strong in the hands of an experienced ops player. It is totally possible to completely outplay a seasoned opponent and thus we get epic stories of one op holding a acw base against 3 randoms for half a game, of the op whose team died in an arena and he goes on to solo the 3 dps guys who are left. Not all of this can be dismissed as "baddies with l2p issues"

I believe there isn't a class in the game that rewards so completely being able to play it at its maximum potential. The stuff you can pull and the ability to dominate opponents is at a different level then for example a well played commando or shadow. This is why ops have their own separate category in dueling tournaments and why the good operatives on a server are known and quietly feared.

While I can see how the community accepts this as being ok, I can't help but feel it would be better for the majority if they lowered the barrier of entry for the operatives so more people could play it decently at the price of toning down what the exceptional players can achieve at the top end. You can't debate how to lower skill caps and floors however without 12 replies of "nerf ops #toostronk" and accusations of trolling. I'm not trying to nerf ops! just get more people playing them.

Give ops higher burst, remove some of their survivability skills, and if you really wanted the masses to enjoy them make some of their abilities 10m and further. :p

who is the "op" arguing with? is he new to the forums and just saw the nerf ops meme?

probably randoms in guild chat/wzs and on fleet. I've had similar conversations with people myself. they meet an op who wrecks them, they go chasing him for "revenge" and he kills them another 8 times then they look at the scoreboard and the guys got impressive kill/death ratios and they conclude its a wow style broken fotm class. it really isn't; they just met swtors equiv of a multi glad is all, but you can't explain that to them. its like I say "ops are..." and all they here is "your a baddie who got outplayed l2p". I keep telling myself to stop trying, but I never do vov

Give ops higher burst, remove some of their survivability skills, and if you really wanted the masses to enjoy them make some of their abilities 10m and further. :p

How about removal of roll, replacing it with the shadowstep they gave to sins instead, the removal of the hots replace it with a big heal (kolto injection?) that for the dps specs is instant cast, but with a big enough energy cost you couldn't spam it, an increase in base damage reduction and the removal of the positional requirements of the melee abilities. Removal of cover and fixing it so when you stealthout you can't be immediately dragged out of stealth again.

How about removal of roll, replacing it with the shadowstep they gave to sins instead, the removal of the hots replace it with a big heal (kolto injection?) that for the dps specs is instant cast, but with a big enough energy cost you couldn't spam it, an increase in base damage reduction and the removal of the positional requirements of the melee abilities. Removal of cover and fixing it so when you stealthout you can't be immediately dragged out of stealth again.

pretty sure ops get a shadowstep type ability, only it's more diverse it can be used on friend or enemy. If i recall correctly. heh.

pretty sure ops get a shadowstep type ability, only it's more diverse it can be used on friend or enemy. If i recall correctly. heh.

Yeah they do, holotraverse.... so you get double the chances to end up transported to unintended new and interesting places. Used it to try to take the queshball to the goal platform and ended up flying behind me way way up.... to nowhere and noone. Awesome stuff. I always wondered if that happened because the person you targeted died and zipped to the spawn just as the game registered the holotraverse.

Yeah they do, holotraverse.... so you get double the chances to end up transported to unintended new and interesting places. Used it to try to take the queshball to the goal platform and ended up flying behind me way way up.... to nowhere and noone. Awesome stuff. I always wondered if that happened because the person you targeted died and zipped to the spawn just as the game registered the holotraverse.

Holotraverse bugs because it functions essentially as a very high movement-speed buff, and not a "teleport" like normal Leaps do (what knights/warriors and vanguards/PTs have). Sometimes, I bounce off of terrain when I roll and it sends me flying a few meters into the air, this is basically what happens with HT except to a much more extreme level.

Holotraverse bugs because it functions essentially as a very high movement-speed buff, and not a "teleport" like normal Leaps do (what knights/warriors and vanguards/PTs have). Sometimes, I bounce off of terrain when I roll and it sends me flying a few meters into the air, this is basically what happens with HT except to a much more extreme level.

So it is just like leaps? Where you have a 20% chance to not make it all the way to your destination and a 5% chance of ending up underneath the warzone/arena? :rak_03:

to be honest, I have had ZERO trouble with rocket out (merc/mando), mad dash (warriors/jk). I've never glitched. it's not different from force sprint. (I get caught on terrain obstructions, but I think that's by design). op/scoundrel roll, however, has glitched for me as the player and the opponent. same for warrior/JK leaps. just mentioning this b/c my experience has been the teleports are the problem rather than the speed buffs.