Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wait slicing was NERFED?!?! I just got it

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Wait slicing was NERFED?!?! I just got it

sporkan
12.26.2011 , 08:52 PM | #21
I think the point is that pretty much everything else costs to level, and you get your money back through the economy. On the other hand, slicing is simply send pet - get money. That's the issue I see.

Bekthor
12.26.2011 , 08:58 PM | #22
Seems Fine to me

Those doing other Crew Skills will see a return in the long run when they can put their high end craftables on the GTN for crazy prices because some slicer out there will throw credits at it.

Korialstrazs
12.26.2011 , 09:01 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Bekthor View Post
Seems Fine to me

Those doing other Crew Skills will see a return in the long run when they can put their high end craftables on the GTN for crazy prices because some slicer out there will throw credits at it.
Slicers can still craft. Not sure why people are saying this. I've been levelling my crafting stupid fast with slicing alongside it.
"I've yet to face anything I can't overcome"

Huntsig
12.26.2011 , 09:04 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Korialstrazs View Post
Slicers can still craft. Not sure why people are saying this. I've been levelling my crafting stupid fast with slicing alongside it.
Slicers are also a source of augments too, so they can still contribute to gear progression, as well as put augments on the GTN for money.

Seldome
12.26.2011 , 09:05 PM | #25
Has No one realised, that Crafting is Focused around the Two other Proffesions? Mainly the gathering for the basic mats you need for normal leveling of crafts and then a Mission skill that fits your crafting for the rare pieces needed for blues and epic..

People that Pick up Slicing instead of a mission skill still needs to buy the blue parts on Ah (wich the community you play in decides the prices) for the items necessary for the rare/epic Schematics you want to produce at high lvls.. I'm not saying your not getting an advantage at the early levels on your credits with slicing..

But i believe it evens out at the late game with your crafting.. If your just in it for the money you Can't really complaine on your crafting skill, it's not made for credits profit anyways.. It's there to bolster your gear and potential at the later leveles.

Korialstrazs
12.26.2011 , 09:08 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Seldome View Post
Has No one realised, that Crafting is Focused around the Two other Proffesions? Mainly the gathering for the basic mats you need for normal leveling of crafts and then a Mission skill that fits your crafting for the rare pieces needed for blues and epic..

People that Pick up Slicing instead of a mission skill still needs to buy the blue parts on Ah (wich the community you play in decides the prices) for the items necessary for the rare/epic Schematics you want to produce at high lvls.. I'm not saying your not getting an advantage at the early levels on your credits with slicing..

But i believe it evens out at the late game with your crafting.. If your just in it for the money you Can't really complaine on your crafting skill, it's not made for credits profit anyways.. It's there to bolster your gear and potential at the later leveles.
Unless you have an alt you can log on to whenever you want to use a mission skill. I only buy stuff off the GTN when it's cheaper to do that then get the mats myself from my alts UT.
"I've yet to face anything I can't overcome"

ledroc
12.26.2011 , 09:09 PM | #27
Ughh this argument drives me nuts. If people are so worried about slicing then they are free to pick it up themselves? I don't understand? This is just like people being mad at someone for inventing a social media site that makes Billions of dollars. If you are so worried about it, get off your butt, stop playing games and go invent something yourself.

Last I checked anyone is able to pickup slicing just like any other crew skill.

Best idea is to make money of anything you can before any possible patches come out.

I have slicing NOW but I don't plan on keeping it. I simply have it now because it's still profitable, but I doubt it will be forever.

bottom line: stop complaining and go pickup slicing yourself.

sosolidshoe
12.26.2011 , 09:21 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealBoz View Post
This is wrong. Noone ever wants to buy green stuff. It costs a small amount of money to get blue stuff. Some people want blue stuff, but it's a lot of trouble for not much profit. Then you have to spend butloads of money to get purple stuff. And then you can sell that at a moderate profit.
In the meantime, slicing has been generating money in the background, no player intervention needed.
Has it occurred to any of you crafters that you could make some money making Orange stuff? There's supposed to be Orange schematics for almost every basic item in the game - find 'em, make the ones that look "cool", and then advertise.

Slicing is the tradeskill for people who can't be arsed with crafting, or who want to wait until max level to start crafting - it's easy money and a steady income, but that income is hardly spectacular, it merely supplements questing. Crafting actual items is supposed to be for those willing to put in the extra effort, which will result in much more income in the long run than slicing.

Crikey most of you lot wouldn't have lasted ten minutes as a crafter in SWG.

Renim
12.26.2011 , 09:41 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ledroc View Post
Ughh this argument drives me nuts. If people are so worried about slicing then they are free to pick it up themselves? I don't understand? This is just like people being mad at someone for inventing a social media site that makes Billions of dollars. If you are so worried about it, get off your butt, stop playing games and go invent something yourself.

Last I checked anyone is able to pickup slicing just like any other crew skill.

Best idea is to make money of anything you can before any possible patches come out.

I have slicing NOW but I don't plan on keeping it. I simply have it now because it's still profitable, but I doubt it will be forever.

bottom line: stop complaining and go pickup slicing yourself.

If they want everyone to roll with slicing, they shouldn't have made it an option to choose anything else.

Try leveling anything other than slicing and you will see how damn OP it is compared to the other missions.

No one buys anything the crafters put out, and it costs a lot to send them on the missions to level the mission skills.

This game is going to fail hard if crafting amounts to nothing, which it does currently.

I'm barely able even to stay afloat while only spending money on Investigation while leveling.

Meanwhile, Slicers are running around with 70k to 250k, and none of them are spending a dime of it because they don't have to.

Face it, slicers are completely immune from the markets. They don't rake in a loss just to level up a skill that ALL other mission skills do.

Renim
12.26.2011 , 09:45 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by sosolidshoe View Post
Has it occurred to any of you crafters that you could make some money making Orange stuff? There's supposed to be Orange schematics for almost every basic item in the game - find 'em, make the ones that look "cool", and then advertise.

Slicing is the tradeskill for people who can't be arsed with crafting, or who want to wait until max level to start crafting - it's easy money and a steady income, but that income is hardly spectacular, it merely supplements questing. Crafting actual items is supposed to be for those willing to put in the extra effort, which will result in much more income in the long run than slicing.

Crikey most of you lot wouldn't have lasted ten minutes as a crafter in SWG.
Except we don't have money to purchase anything BECAUSE of the damn mission skills. I've yet to be able to discover ANY orange items, and the blue items don't sell for any profit at all.

Not to mention all the orange items are free with tokens, and that makes crafters pretty much useless.