Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wait slicing was NERFED?!?! I just got it

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Wait slicing was NERFED?!?! I just got it

Tierdal
12.26.2011 , 02:41 PM | #1
Are you kiding me? where is the patch notes?!?! How bad is it?!!? Is it not profitibale?

Zombull
12.26.2011 , 02:50 PM | #2
I don't believe it was nerfed. People just aren't realizing WHY they're seeing reduced yields as they level. Understand the system, use it effectively and it's quite lucrative.

Today, I queue up 3 crew members to do some slicing and they return with nearly 10k credits.

Also: Slicing is not broken and does not need a nerf. People see large numbers but have no idea what they mean. 100,000 credits isn't a lot. It's about the equivalent of 10g on...that other game.

Tierdal
12.26.2011 , 02:57 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JCinDE View Post
I don't believe it was nerfed. People just aren't realizing WHY they're seeing reduced yields as they level. Understand the system, use it effectively and it's quite lucrative.

Today, I queue up 3 crew members to do some slicing and they return with nearly 10k credits.

Also: Slicing is not broken and does not need a nerf. People see large numbers but have no idea what they mean. 100,000 credits isn't a lot. It's about the equivalent of 10g on...that other game.
its def not 10 gold dude

maybe 1000 gold

Zalekanzer
12.26.2011 , 02:59 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Tierdal View Post
its def not 10 gold dude

maybe 1000 gold
Gentlemen, I have found a compromise:
100,000c = 100g

I'm glad we settled this debate without bloodshed.
<The Harbinger> Anzer Katzin Requiel Zevka Katzera

Tierdal
12.26.2011 , 02:59 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Zalekanzer View Post
Gentlemen, I have found a compromise:
100,000c = 100g

I'm glad we settled this debate without bloodshed.
*force choke*

Zalekanzer
12.26.2011 , 03:01 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Tierdal View Post
*force choke*
*cough* At...at least...t-there's no...blood...
*gurgle*

EDIT: As a side note, Slicing was nerfed towards the end of beta, it has not been nerfed in live, as far as I've seen.
<The Harbinger> Anzer Katzin Requiel Zevka Katzera

Zombull
12.26.2011 , 03:04 PM | #7
1 gold = 100 silver
1 silver = 100 copper

1 gold = 10,000 copper

It's impossible to exactly compare the two monetary systems, but roughly credits are coppers imo.

100,000 credits is not a lot of money. You'll know this when you're around level 40 and trying to buy skill upgrades. Ouch.

Crawfishies
12.26.2011 , 04:37 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Zalekanzer View Post
*cough* At...at least...t-there's no...blood...
*gurgle*

EDIT: As a side note, Slicing was nerfed towards the end of beta, it has not been nerfed in live, as far as I've seen.
That's enough Vader,
let him go.

hehehe, Grand Moff Tarkin.

Tenetke
12.26.2011 , 04:40 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JCinDE View Post
1 gold = 100 silver
1 silver = 100 copper

1 gold = 10,000 copper

It's impossible to exactly compare the two monetary systems, but roughly credits are coppers imo.

100,000 credits is not a lot of money. You'll know this when you're around level 40 and trying to buy skill upgrades. Ouch.
Still aggravating to spend almost as much sending them on a mission as you make from it.
Try hard is now an insult? At what point did our society degrade so much that trying hard is an insult? What's next? People who perpetuate this idea of "trying hard is a bad thing" are only hurting our society as a whole. They should be removed from it, forcefully if required. You don't randomly allow a cancer to grow, you excise it.

DustomaticGXC
12.26.2011 , 05:05 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenetke View Post
Still aggravating to spend almost as much sending them on a mission as you make from it.
You're doing it wrong.
Don't act like you didn't see this coming.