Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is "Main Assets 1" the last download?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Is "Main Assets 1" the last download?

MillerChase
12.26.2011 , 02:35 PM | #1
I've been letting the game download over night, I can't wait to play it. It's been showing "Downloading: Main Assets 1" and the status bar at the bottom of the launcher is just about full. Is this the last download?

Dasffion
12.26.2011 , 02:39 PM | #2
I thinkit's the first one. Is it 11 GB?

MillerChase
12.26.2011 , 02:46 PM | #3
Is what 11GB?

homieslice
12.26.2011 , 03:41 PM | #4
I am on the very same download, 4.8GB left. Yes it is the 11GB one. I dont know if it's the last DL either... Is it?

Dasffion
12.26.2011 , 03:43 PM | #5
the 11 GB download is the first one, couldn't remember if it was called Main Assets 1 or English Assets 1 so no it's not the last download it's the first download.

Sikl
12.26.2011 , 03:44 PM | #6
I've downloaded English Assets 1 about 4 or 5 times now.. hopefully you won't have the same problems as I.. but if you do:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=83955

Maybe something in there will help you. Didn't help me but seems like others have solved their problems using advice in this thread.

Good Luck!

NightElfMohawc
12.28.2011 , 06:18 AM | #7
"Main Assets 1" is certainly not the first download, as I've already made it through "English Video 1, 2, 3" but I also do not know if it's the last either. At 1:43 a.m. last night "Main assets 1" started downloading 11.86 GB, it is now 7:16 a. m. and it has 8.96 GB remaining at 129.29 KB/s...

This is truly painful, but... as I was sleeping I have absolutely no clue whether it restarted the package at any point, though I assume it has not.

My lower bar is also nearly full, and with the about of GB I've already downloaded I do assume this is the last piece of the puzzle.
Suž-Fēng Shinigami Shadow Tank
Brigade of Honor

TiggaHarley
12.28.2011 , 08:18 AM | #8
The latest download i believe is Main Asset 21, though I believe Main Asset 1 is without a doubt the biggest one.

If your only download at 130kb, its going to take forever. Possibly days. Cancel the download, exit. And restart. If you arent getting at least 1.5mb per sec your in for a painful day.

Sahrde
12.28.2011 , 08:44 AM | #9
Tell me about it. We downloaded the game client for my girlfriend last night. The initial download, at 1.5meg/second took 90+ minutes. The patches, however, downloaded at 100k or so each, and took another 150+ minutes. All told, over four hours. If this had been my first MMO, I'd have been pissed to get a game and then have to patch it for that long to play it. As it were, my GF played on my computer (I had been in the Thanksgiving Beta, and had been patching it periodically since then).

Bioware needs to start incorporating some of the patches into the base game download, I think.

Damon_Mott
12.28.2011 , 08:50 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by MillerChase View Post
I've been letting the game download over night, I can't wait to play it. It's been showing "Downloading: Main Assets 1" and the status bar at the bottom of the launcher is just about full. Is this the last download?

Main Assets 1 is the first of 23! Wooooo! Go have lunch or walk the dog. Take a shower and a nice looong nap.
The Outer Rim Criminal Alliance:
A Heavy-RP Sith Crime Syndicate
Click here to Join!