4.4 and no class''Balance''

brunocalico

come oon bioware we need the nerf hammer to make this pvp alive again ! we only see rangeds merc/mando-sorce/sages- and a melle only jugge/guardians pls class balance in the next patchs for the love of the emperor!!!!!!!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come oon bioware we need the nerf hammer to make this pvp alive again ! we only see rangeds merc/mando-sorce/sages- and a melle only jugge/guardians pls class balance in the next patchs for the love of the emperor!!!!!!!

What is this? This doesn't even seem remotely accurate.

Maybe we should stop asking for class balance, everytime they change something it gets worse.

I don't think the remnants of the dev team are qualified to balance classes, best for them to keep their hands away from it.

Edited by KevinQCowart

The only major balance issue is sorc healing. And trust me, there have been worse balance problems. The game is very balanced right now.

No, thats not the only problem.

Its the obvious issues thats too strong, but there are other classes that are below the bar in various ways that need attention.

No, thats not the only problem.

Its the obvious issues thats too strong, but there are other classes that are below the bar in various ways that need attention.

I haven't come across a spec that doesn't have a niche it fills in pvp. Balance has been far worse in the past.

I haven't come across a spec that doesn't have a niche it fills in pvp. Balance has been far worse in the past.

I would guess you dont play a merc much.

As a merc main it has never been worse for me.

I have to agree with this. Both dps specs for mercs are severely handicapped in 4v4s or ranked. Sure, in 8v8 regs mercs are viable. In competitive 4v4 matches not so much.

I even spent a bunch of comms on my dps merc to test out full endurance mods and spent money on endurance augs just to see how that worked in solo ranked. Sure, I lived a tad longer, but my damage was noticeably weaker. Just not worth it imo.

There are many classes that could use some improvements not just mercs.

The only major balance issue is sorc healing. And trust me, there have been worse balance problems. The game is very balanced right now.

For unranked, I would agree with this. If all that they did was to nerf Sorc healing and grade ranked on a curve (like I outlined in a response to Eric's post), I would be very happy.

I have to agree with this. Both dps specs for mercs are severely handicapped in 4v4s or ranked. Sure, in 8v8 regs mercs are viable. In competitive 4v4 matches not so much.

I even spent a bunch of comms on my dps merc to test out full endurance mods and spent money on endurance augs just to see how that worked in solo ranked. Sure, I lived a tad longer, but my damage was noticeably weaker. Just not worth it imo.

There are many classes that could use some improvements not just mercs.

Mercs struggle in solo (much like dps powertechs) but are very strong in regs and group ranked.

Edited by alexsamma

So if we can't come to an agreement even in this little post about one merc class, how the heck are the devs supposed to "balance" anything?

See where the problem is with these 'balance complaints'?

Now don't get me wrong. Personally I think mercs/mandos need a little help, but to the merc users appearing in this post, what factual and objective evidence can you present that is quantifiable and repeatable (as per scientific methodology), other than your personal impressions?

This is why its so hard to really touch anything to balance stuff... and why the devs rely on many months of datamining for fixing even the simplest problems, and also why anything that cannot be confirmed through datamining seems to be left out.

I do play merc alot. As the premier ranged burst spec, arsenal should have weaknesses. It's the only mobile ranged burst spec, it has net, chaff flare shuts down classes with high yellow damage burst, and it is the ONLY spec with 30% surge still. Did I say balance was perfect? No. But it's much better than an era with real balance issues

I do play merc alot. As the premier ranged burst spec, arsenal should have weaknesses. It's the only mobile ranged burst spec, it has net, chaff flare shuts down classes with high yellow damage burst, and it is the ONLY spec with 30% surge still. Did I say balance was perfect? No. But it's much better than an era with real balance issues

In theory i agree, but in practice there is a reason we are always targeted first. That should never be the case for any class.

Dont get me wrong i dont think we need much, very minor tweaks could go a very long way, but there is an absolute need here as much as there is to chop the top end down a little.

In theory i agree, but in practice there is a reason we are always targeted first. That should never be the case for any class.

Dont get me wrong i dont think we need much, very minor tweaks could go a very long way, but there is an absolute need here as much as there is to chop the top end down a little.

I've seen some very capable Mercs the last few days. I think the stigma of the past is making people believe the class is in a worse spot than it actually is. I agree it's terrible for solo ranked, but it certainly isn't the only underperforming class in solo ranked and I'm not sure solo ranked is the criteria we should be using for class balance. I realize it's the only form of ranked that is heavily utilized, but it is inherently unbalanced to begin with.

I've seen some very capable Mercs the last few days. I think the stigma of the past is making people believe the class is in a worse spot than it actually is. I agree it's terrible for solo ranked, but it certainly isn't the only underperforming class in solo ranked and I'm not sure solo ranked is the criteria we should be using for class balance. I realize it's the only form of ranked that is heavily utilized, but it is inherently unbalanced to begin with.

I think that depends highly on how you define performing.

No, Mercs arent the only class that isnt in a great place right now just as Sorcs arent the only one thats a bit too strong, but its a matter of what is the most obvious low/high hanging fruit.

Ask yourself this question, if you face a team that has a Merc and a Sniper, who do you target first? We both know the answer, and we both know why.

No, Mercs arent the only class that isnt in a great place right now just as Sorcs arent the only one thats a bit too strong, but its a matter of what is the most obvious low/high hanging fruit.

Ask yourself this question, if you face a team that has a Merc and a Sniper, who do you target first? We both know the answer, and we both know why.

That would actually highly depend on my team's comp and the merc in question.

If I have a ton of stealth I'll sap the merc and kill the sniper.

If I have a ton of melee and I know the merc is not good at kiting I'll kill the merc, if I know he is good at kiting I'll have a knight/warrior cc the merc and burn the sniper with one person assigned to peel off and sit on the merc after cc.

If I'm heavy ranged then it also depends on the rest of your comp and how your sniper positions himself.

A good merc is often more challenging to kill than a sniper because of their ability to kite, a bad merc is the obvious choice because they go down fast and even an idiot can kill someone with enet + arsenal burst.

I'm far more afraid of the Merc damage than Sniper damage. Of course assuming the skill of both players is equal or I don't know either player. I don't think either class poses a significant difference in defensive capabilities, but Marksman is the only Sniper spec with burst and it is essentially irrelevant right now. Much easier to heal through the DoT damage.

Again, all this sounds great in theory, but doesnt match up to the observed reality in most cases.

Look im not saying both dont need help, i dont want to turn this into another Merc v Sniper thing as thats not the point at all.

The point is that its pretty clear that Sorc heals are not the only thing that needs to be addressed. Merc AND Sniper ranked viability is far more important to those of us that would like to take part but get told to go re-roll if we dare queue.

Edited by Floplag

Again, all this sounds great in theory, but doesnt match up to the observed reality in most cases.

Look im not saying both dont need help, i dont want to turn this into another Merc v Sniper thing as thats not the point at all.

The point is that its pretty clear that Sorc heals are not the only thing that needs to be addressed. Merc AND Sniper ranked viability is far more important to those of us that would like to take part but get told to go re-roll if we dare queue.

Yet both classes have multiple 1600+ players and are strong in team ranked.

Good mercs and snipers do not get told to re-reroll, if you do not know how to position yourself, kite, and use your toolkit then you're useless on any class, including sorc/pt tank/concealment/other "fotm" solo ranked classes.

Agreed Floplag. It's so ridiculous these days that PvP isn't even something I enjoy right now...it used to be the first thing I'd do every night and the last thing I'd do...not now.

Yet both classes have multiple 1600+ players and are strong in team ranked.

Good mercs and snipers do not get told to re-reroll, if you do not know how to position yourself, kite, and use your toolkit then you're useless on any class, including sorc/pt tank/concealment/other "fotm" solo ranked classes.

You are smarter than this... We had a whole thread on this last week where i posted all the numbers at that time and the discrepancy was horrific. A 5 minute search of the leaderboards now tells and even darker tale...

There are 173 Sorcs at or above 1600 in solo queue, compared to 17 Mercs and 33 Sniper/GS. For the math impaired that a 10-1 differential.

There are 93 players in team ranked with 1600 or better.

In team ranked its 23, 1, and 7.

One darn Merc/Mando over 1600 in team ranked.... ONE! And hes a whopping 1702.

This is your argument? That because there is ONE, that they are fine? oh and 1 is not even "multiple".

You are either trolling, ignorant, or both, either way your view is invalid, incorrect, and blatantly wrong.

Edited by Floplag