Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[The Academy] A Video Series Focused on the Basics of Star Wars: The Old Republic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
[The Academy] A Video Series Focused on the Basics of Star Wars: The Old Republic

LadyAdmiral
10.10.2016 , 12:53 PM | #41
Ep 34

How to Play Civil War (PvP)

Civil War is set on the beautiful green and blue planet of Alderaan, and there are three turrets on the map - one at "grass" to the west, one in the middle, and one at "snow" to the east. During the match, your team will try to take control of the turrets and drive off enemy reinforcements, keeping them from capturing the massive planetary defense cannon. Capturing a turret will lock it onto enemy ships, and knock down points from the enemy's scoreboard. To win, your have to bring the enemy's score to zero before they do it to you!
~ Swtorista

LadyAdmiral
10.17.2016 , 01:02 PM | #42
Ep 35

How to Play Novare Coast (PvP)

In Novare Coast, a beachside battle in the hills of Denova, there are three bunkers that control a powerful mortar battery that's pointed towards the strategic coastline. There's one gun close to the Republic Spawn point in the West, one near the Imperial spawn point in the East, and one in the middle of the two spawn points to the South. On the scoreboard, the nodes captured by Republic are yellow and the nodes captured by the Empire are purple. As the gun's fire on the enemy's shield, it will start losing percentage points... and if the enemy team's shields reach 0% before your team's, you win!
~ Swtorista

LadyAdmiral
10.24.2016 , 11:49 AM | #43
Ep 36
How to Play Ancient Hypergates (PvP)

Ancient Hypergates is match set on Ilum under a beautiful night sky and an aurora borealis, in an ancient ruin built around a Gree hypergate. The goal of the match is to conquer the unique technology found on the field and claim at is your own. Unfortunately, the technology is powered by energy pylons, which you will need to capture and discharge during the match to bring the Gree technology to full power.
~ Swtorista

LadyAdmiral
01.19.2017 , 03:41 PM | #44
I forgot to keep this thread up to date... but the Academy has 10+ new episodes and the Swtorista channel has tons more new videos in general, including uprisings playthroughs and pack opening videos.

The latest video is what to do at level 70!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCWlxknLm8Y
~ Swtorista

LadyAdmiral
01.23.2017 , 04:24 PM | #45
Some non-academy content! Me and friends played through all the uprisings from 5.0 in storymode. Come watch along with us! Lots of silly commentary from friends playing together. I really liked the new uprisings.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...uG2jHdTdSegRZ1

For new Academy stuff, I'm waiting for update 5.1... but I'm heading to Tucson for 2 weeks through my work. Then it's new videos time!
~ Swtorista

LadyAdmiral
02.07.2017 , 02:00 PM | #46
Just got back form my work trip to Tucson, finished the KOTET storyline and afterwards decided to treat myself to a hypercrate! Come open it with me!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...9bVs-kcyfg0w6l
~ Swtorista

LadyAdmiral
02.13.2017 , 12:17 PM | #47
Ep 40

Galactic Command and Gear at Level 70 in SWTOR

Galactic Command is Star Wars: The Old Republicís new way of progressing and gaining gear once you hit max-level. It is only available to subscribers - free-to-play players can not progress or earn gear through Galactic Command. Once you hit level 70, you will begin to earn Galactic Command Experience Points - usually shortened to CXP - from almost every activity in the game. Gaining CXP helps you level up your Command Rank - and for every command rank you gain, you get a crate full of rewards.
~ Swtorista

LadyAdmiral
02.21.2017 , 12:55 PM | #48
Some non-academy content!

Me and some friends went and ran one of the new uprisings, 'Divided We Fall'! They're very fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmtZpS4PlRw
~ Swtorista

LadyAdmiral
02.22.2017 , 02:35 PM | #49
Some more non-academy content, I'm currently working on an episode about Dark vs Light... this is stuff I did inbetween :P

I opened up a bunch of some limited-time special cartel packs... and wow did I get lucky!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re517YeZzGM
~ Swtorista

LadyAdmiral
02.27.2017 , 12:42 PM | #50
Ep 41

How does the Dark vs Light System Work?

Dark vs Light is a way of competing with your server in Star Wars the Old Republic to push your side to victory and gain some unique rewards on a level 70 character. This episode covers how to choose a side, how to get Dark vs Light rewards, and the new Dark vs Light bosses. This Dark vs Light system is loosely based off of the Dark vs Light limited-time event, but is not directly related.
~ Swtorista