Eternal Champion Arena

Is the Eternal Champion Arena live in game yet? Have gone to the Zakuul Cantina but the quest giver is not there. The terminal to get the quest is in the Zakuul Cantina. The blurb on the Bioware website does not mention if this is live in game or not? Is it coming in the live game with the release of Ch 13?

Is the Eternal Champion Arena live in game yet? Have gone to the Zakuul Cantina but the quest giver is not there. The terminal to get the quest is in the Zakuul Cantina. The blurb on the Bioware website does not mention if this is live in game or not? Is it coming in the live game with the release of Ch 13?

It will be live next tuesday, unless postponed for another few months.

Hi, another Point imo is this:

Timer starts when you accept the “[solo] The Eternal Championship” mission (NOT the “[solo+]” mission)

Timer ends when you return to the terminal to “turn in” the [solo] mission

This means that a loading screen is included in the time-taking process (or is the terminal inside the Championship?), which for some players with older hardware means an unavoidable disadvantage. Why not make it start with the first boss pull and end with the 10th boss being defeated, just like in Nim Time runs?

best regards

Fina

This means that a loading screen is included in the time-taking process (or is the terminal inside the Championship?), which for some players with older hardware means an unavoidable disadvantage. Why not make it start with the first boss pull and end with the 10th boss being defeated, just like in Nim Time runs?

best regards

Fina

they have no means of tracking it

• 2 weeks later...

The Eternal Champion Fights are way too hard. I Defeated the first fighter. But the second fighter I died over and over again. I ask for help. But They can't come in & help. So I Died. Then I tried to use grenades. But no go. My whole legacy is Force users. So I keep dying. So I cashing my first round. To get 500 influence for the Wookie.

Is there a way to beat the second round fighter?. Its easy said then done.

This is me talking.

Edited by MikeRindos

best regards

Fina

Well Said <---I'm agreeing with u.

Secondly, They should make the fights easy. & if your a force user. Select what arena section your in. Not for DPS, Tank or etc. But for all Force users.

If your a force user. Then its really hard. The Eternal Fights are good for DPS, People that are really good. They have really good armor mods.

This is what I heard in in game general chat. with alittle bit of me.

The Eternal Champion Fights are way too hard. I Defeated the first fighter. But the second fighter I died over and over again. I ask for help. But They can't come in & help. So I Died. Then I tried to use grenades. But no go. My whole legacy is Force users. So I keep dying. So I cashing my first round. To get 500 influence for the Wookie.

Is there a way to beat the second round fighter?. Its easy said then done.

This is me talking.

Go check Dulfy, they have a nice guide for the Eternal Championship. But if you already have problems in the 2nd fight (which is really easy and has not real mechanic), you'll have a really hard time when you'll arrive at the 5th fight and later.

And force user don't play any role at all.

I had very few issues with the earlier fights (whoever mentioned Dulfy earlier was right...excellent resource!), but the 6th fight is just stupid hard. I'm relatively well geared, have a working knowledge of mechanics of fights, I've watched different videos on the fight showing what/how it needs to be done, and I'm not even getting close to beating brawler. I've been beating my head against this fight for a week and am no closer to beating him now than I was on day 1. As a sniper, this fight is just beyond difficult. I've completed every quest/companion/etc for the alliance to date, but this is one I am going to have to stop doing. I refuse to get pissed off trying to win a no win fight.

I had very few issues with the earlier fights (whoever mentioned Dulfy earlier was right...excellent resource!), but the 6th fight is just stupid hard. I'm relatively well geared, have a working knowledge of mechanics of fights, I've watched different videos on the fight showing what/how it needs to be done, and I'm not even getting close to beating brawler. I've been beating my head against this fight for a week and am no closer to beating him now than I was on day 1. As a sniper, this fight is just beyond difficult. I've completed every quest/companion/etc for the alliance to date, but this is one I am going to have to stop doing. I refuse to get pissed off trying to win a no win fight.

I don't know what strats you've been trying, but the easiest way i found to beat it on my sniper was to use a healing companion, let them agro 1 of the side guys, and you agro the other side and middle guys. Then just kite them as much as you can.

I used virulence spec and the easiest way i can think of is to just dot everyone (dots can still do damage outside of melee) and then run in to melee to cull the middle guy and then run back out. This will probably take a while, but it will cut down damage taken by a lot and you can just whittle them down until they are dead. Once the middle guy is dead, kill the side one that is agroed to you and then kill the one agroed to your companion.

Even if your comp has low influence and you are low geared, you should still be able to finish them off this way, it might just take quite a while depending on how much you kit and how much damage you end up taking.

Hope this helps :)

I like your idea but no idea how you kept your healer comp alive to hold aggro on one of the brawlers while you kite the other and middle guy.. My healer comp died very fast.

I used Lana with influence level 30, I'll try it again tomorrow with a very low level influence. Since my computer has no problem staying alive I assumed that even if a low influence level struggled, it would still be able to do just enough. It might also be what type of healing companion you use since force users I'm pretty sure have higher single target healing than tech healers, I'll also try that out though.

I don't know what strats you've been trying, but the easiest way i found to beat it on my sniper was to use a healing companion, let them agro 1 of the side guys, and you agro the other side and middle guys. Then just kite them as much as you can.

I used virulence spec and the easiest way i can think of is to just dot everyone (dots can still do damage outside of melee) and then run in to melee to cull the middle guy and then run back out. This will probably take a while, but it will cut down damage taken by a lot and you can just whittle them down until they are dead. Once the middle guy is dead, kill the side one that is agroed to you and then kill the one agroed to your companion.

Even if your comp has low influence and you are low geared, you should still be able to finish them off this way, it might just take quite a while depending on how much you kit and how much damage you end up taking.

Hope this helps :)

Well what i did was have companion dps and attack one guy. I attacked the other. When i got low i healed, poped defensives etc. By the time i killed mine my companion killed his and just the boss was left. Easy.

I like your idea but no idea how you kept your healer comp alive to hold aggro on one of the brawlers while you kite the other and middle guy.. My healer comp died very fast.

What level was your heal companion? I hate to say it but the single largest factor determining ease is comp level. I'm no expert as I've only done this twice but that was the impression I got. I believe if your comp isn't staying alive in heal spec with one mob on him, you might want to bump him up a few levels.

Also - are you using the medpacs that heal you and your comp?

Are you using Heroic Moment?

Well what i did was have companion dps and attack one guy. I attacked the other. When i got low i healed, poped defensives etc. By the time i killed mine my companion killed his and just the boss was left. Easy.

If his comp isn't staying alive in heal spec, it's certainly not high enough level to kill one by itself

Edited by gabigool

I do that as well, but if someone is having trouble staying alive, that strat will certainly not work for them.

Ok, so i tried doing round 6 with a level 1 theron and the only time where he was not able to keep up by himself was after i killed the middle guy and the brawlers did increased damage. I was also only using shield probe and diversion as dcd's during this test so it is possible to take less damage. To solve this, you can either use the health packs around the room occasionally when you both get low, or you can use heroic moment at that point or you can use the legacy ability "unity." Just remember to kite your *** off while the middle guy is up to take very little damage during that phase. Also as a note, my base presence is 630, so i had a total 993 presence with the level 1 theron. Like others have said before, leveling up companion influence is another way to make it much easier.

• 2 months later...

Rounds 1-7? are manageable. The fight with Crush and the trainer and other brusier is tedious as f, but it also is manageable. The Dread Droid fight is utter horse****** for solo purposes.

DEVELOPERS! 20 seconds to make the droid rotation...3 times? Really? Give me a break! I have died and died and died and died there. I get to that 3rd rotation and I fall just short....EVERY GOD DAMN TIME. Folks, you've nerfed the hell out of things that shouldn't be...but this...this is absolutely ridiculous. If you have a good ranged party, I can see it...but some of us that are melee/short range? Give us a damn break. Pump the time to 25-30s...and it will help A LOT, and be a HE!! of a lot more reasonable!

VT

Rounds 1-7? are manageable. The fight with Crush and the trainer and other brusier is tedious as f, but it also is manageable. The Dread Droid fight is utter horse****** for solo purposes.

DEVELOPERS! 20 seconds to make the droid rotation...3 times? Really? Give me a break! I have died and died and died and died there. I get to that 3rd rotation and I fall just short....EVERY gosh darn TIME. Folks, you've nerfed the hell out of things that shouldn't be...but this...this is absolutely ridiculous. If you have a good ranged party, I can see it...but some of us that are melee/short range? Give us a damn break. Pump the time to 25-30s...and it will help A LOT, and be a HE!! of a lot more reasonable!

VT

What rotation are you talking about? Do you mean the supercharged laser? Why would it matter how often it happens? Just kill the adds.

I honestly don't see the problem. I've managed those on my Assassin tank (208 pvp gear augmented). It can get tight, but only if I don't start attacking them right away. The trick really boils down to being situational aware and reacting immediately.

Also, if you're running dps, you should probably be done after 2 cycles if you run your rotations properly. It might help if you'd tell us what class and spec you're using for proper advice.

Running tanks or healers will make that part more difficult but far from impossible. I wouldn't recommend a Op/scoundrel healer though. I suppose not running madness/lethatlety helps here too, but that's just speculation on my part.

If you are running as a tank/healer I'd recommend you order your companion to attack one droid while you attack another. Giving that order should not take much more than a second, preferably within 1 GCD

I hope this at least helps a bit.

I honestly don't see the problem. I've managed those on my Assassin tank (208 pvp gear augmented). It can get tight, but only if I don't start attacking them right away. The trick really boils down to being situational aware and reacting immediately.

Also, if you're running dps, you should probably be done after 2 cycles if you run your rotations properly. It might help if you'd tell us what class and spec you're using for proper advice.

Running tanks or healers will make that part more difficult but far from impossible. I wouldn't recommend a Op/scoundrel healer though. I suppose not running madness/lethatlety helps here too, but that's just speculation on my part.

If you are running as a tank/healer I'd recommend you order your companion to attack one droid while you attack another. Giving that order should not take much more than a second, preferably within 1 GCD

I hope this at least helps a bit.

The charging droids have very little hp, the problem you face is most likely lost dps due to slow target swapping. You really need to use tab targeting for this fight, not point-and-click. This just takes practice, and will help when you face Underlurker for the first time. If you are a healer, it is crucial that you and your dps companion both kill them 2 at a time.

As someone who has cleared all 10 fights on a marauder with 190 gear, I can tell you that this fight is by far the most frustrating, simply because mistakes are not tolerated. The boss deals so much damage with its basic attack that additional damage must be avoided or it will easily kill you. One of the adds slows you while suicide droid is alive? You are probably dead. Get hit by one of the mortars? You get stunned, making it harder to escape the droid, which will kill you. Fail to kill all the charging droids? You are dead.

This is why it is such a good fight! The majority of fights that cause issues in SM ops groups are hard not because they are complicated or hard to figure out. It is because they are unforgiving. Colonel Vorgath has droids with an insane enrage timer, Underlurker has a strict enrage timer and rage storm hits really hard, Master hits like a freight train with his basic attack, and thermite mortars make quick work of a bad kiter, Brontes has many one-shot abilities. Trust me, this fight is preparing you for harder ops bosses. The next one is pretty good, too. Just make sure to save some koltos for the laser and burn him quick after the walker reaches 50% the first time.

DEVELOPERS! 20 seconds to make the droid rotation...3 times? Really? Give me a break! I have died and died and died and died there. I get to that 3rd rotation and I fall just short....EVERY gosh darn TIME. Folks, you've nerfed the hell out of things that shouldn't be...but this...this is absolutely ridiculous. If you have a good ranged party, I can see it...but some of us that are melee/short range? Give us a damn break. Pump the time to 25-30s...and it will help A LOT, and be a HE!! of a lot more reasonable!

VT

That's odd....I find this part of the fight WAY too easy...as a melee. ( Concealment Op )

You should be killing the droids in 1 to 2 hits. If it's taking more, use different abilities. That will leave you with 8-14 seconds of spare time, which considering it's out of 20, is a huge amount of time to twiddle your thumbs. ( Since the boss doesn't become vulnerable when you've killed the last droid, you're stuck just waiting. ) Even if it took you 3 attacks per droid, that leaves you 2 seconds to spare. ( The droids are close together, so the time to run between them is less than GCD. )

...oh, and if I wasn't clear, that fight sux arse simply because of that mechanic...

VT

What spec are you/what abilities are you using? Chances are that is your problem. I had a healing sage in my guild try to do it, and he was running around using saber strike and didn't know why he couldn't kill them fast enough...:rolleyes: