Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

4 person preforms not enough

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
4 person preforms not enough

AntoniusDelitan
12.26.2011 , 06:24 PM | #11
If you're getting crushed in PvP by premades...

Join a PvP guild!
<Down with the Sithness> - Daragon Trail - Empire

Caeliux
12.26.2011 , 06:26 PM | #12
4 works fine in the warzones, learn to communicate when the other people in the party.

I would like to see a 8 person pre-made of course, reason they didn't do that cause people would cry even more than they already do dealing with pre-mades.

TheSiobhan
12.26.2011 , 06:58 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliux View Post
4 works fine in the warzones, learn to communicate when the other people in the party.

I would like to see a 8 person pre-made of course, reason they didn't do that cause people would cry even more than they already do dealing with pre-mades.
You can't communicate with people who either can't or won't read...

CHRISGG
12.26.2011 , 07:07 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSiobhan View Post
You can't communicate with people who either can't or won't read...
If you're queueing with 4 and losing it is not your 4 randoms fault.
AKA Faction
50 Sage, Wound in the Force
Check out my YouTube channel, tons of SW:TOR videos!

TheSiobhan
12.26.2011 , 07:08 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by CHRISGG View Post
If you're queueing with 4 and losing it is not your 4 randoms fault.
thank you for proving my point.

Connection
12.26.2011 , 07:12 PM | #16
I understand what you are saying but if it were to happen you would have to be put into a seperate queue for pre-mades which would make that queue terribly long.

Forcing puggers to fight premades is something only a poor pvper who doesn't enjoy a challange would want.
Death Digitalized

Darth_Vampirius
12.26.2011 , 07:24 PM | #17
@OP

Allowing premades of 4 vs 8 puggers is already garbage. I know, some people want to play with their friends... well... why don't you and your friends push for rated WZ's instead of this idioicy. I mean, I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
Quote:
//We have seen the argument of Skill vs. Gear throughout the existence of MMO PvP and we are of the opinion both are good for an RPG, falling on one side of the scale (gear has no purpose in PvP vs. gear is the only thing that matters in PvP) is not desirable.//

TheSiobhan
12.26.2011 , 11:09 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Connection View Post
I understand what you are saying but if it were to happen you would have to be put into a seperate queue for pre-mades which would make that queue terribly long.

Forcing puggers to fight premades is something only a poor pvper who doesn't enjoy a challange would want.
they already do... the fact is there shouldn't be any puggers. make some damn friends. I pugged a bunch at the beginning, I've since just invited people who weren't idiots. Ta-da pre-form of people that don't suck.

Lrdprimus
12.26.2011 , 11:14 PM | #19
Some of us would be happy to just be able to q up with 5 people. I hope it gets changed.

firesprite_ea
12.27.2011 , 12:18 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Selixx View Post
I also agree strongly with this. Allowing L10s to pvp against L50s was a good concept at first, it reduces warzone pop times. It was a mistake not creating equivalent gear for lowbies with expertise on it. Either remove expertise entirely, or make expertise gear for everyone from L10-50.
While I am not an avid fan of PvP - I do agree with this idea. At the moment the system guarantees that new players will not be annihilated by full premades (like OP wants). And I do believe that BW will introduce additional systems too - like queue as full team etc. Seems logical. As for the wait times - I remember Aion - there was one errmmm "arena" type instance you could access at lvl 50. You had an option to queue solo or in full premade - avid pvpers had set groups and had their fun, casual pvpers could also have their share of fun (on the side note - gear ruled there so it was still a fail for more casual players ). Pretty sure we will have the same here.