Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Vote to kick cheats

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Vote to kick cheats

Icykill_'s Avatar


Icykill_
04.21.2016 , 03:06 AM | #1
How can you vote to kick people on your own team using that arena map hack once they activate it. I've tried, but can't right click them or the ops panel. / command doesn't work either.
Is that part of the hack or can't you vote to kick if you're dead?
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

eezeej's Avatar


eezeej
04.21.2016 , 04:27 AM | #2
Icy now think about you playing ranked on small server with same players... And every time they trolling your rating and you by kicking from ranked wz.... or their friends doing it. I don't think it big issue. Pff here map bugs where you can die. Here unbalanced classes. And 1 Maximum 2 players in week using cheats on your server an you want kick them from your team???

Twin's Avatar


Twin
04.21.2016 , 06:51 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by eezeej View Post
Icy now think about you playing ranked on small server with same players... And every time they trolling your rating and you by kicking from ranked wz.... or their friends doing it. I don't think it big issue. Pff here map bugs where you can die. Here unbalanced classes. And 1 Maximum 2 players in week using cheats on your server an you want kick them from your team???
Well....since you can't actually instantly kick anyone from a wz, but instead they are required to do something to prove they're not afk (Do dmg/take dmg for example) - i dont really see why you would be against an easier way to votekick ppl in ranked...
...unless you're risking to be the actual target of said votekick...
TWINMOON
"Click my -Referral Link- below for some helpful rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/kBLBlJ
Reward Info: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
04.21.2016 , 09:06 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by eezeej View Post
Icy now think about you playing ranked on small server with same players... And every time they trolling your rating and you by kicking from ranked wz.... or their friends doing it. I don't think it big issue. Pff here map bugs where you can die. Here unbalanced classes. And 1 Maximum 2 players in week using cheats on your server an you want kick them from your team???
lol this is actually a pretty valid point. It's hard to get angry about hacks in solo ranked, when you literally have 100 other issues that make rating irrelevant.

  • Queue syncing.
  • Map terrain that when touched spontaneously combusts you.
  • Chances of total scrubs being on your team ruining any chance you have of increasing your rating.
  • Chance that a teammate is a troll dropping the match for his buddy on the other team.
  • Lack of true talent due to the server having a total population you can count on two hands that actually play yolo.
  • Class balance so lopsided certain classes shouldn't be allowed to queue for yolo.


Did I miss any?

I mean... It's hard, really hard to take yolo seriously due to the myriad of issues plaguing it.

Hacks should be stopped asap, not because of yolo, but because all facets of the game will be compromised if cheats are not stopped.

I just get the feeling that the hacks bother you most because they affect your rating, and if that's the case then I think you miss the bigger picture.
Please join the discussion on how to improve rewards for PVP
HERE
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9840582

Icykill_'s Avatar


Icykill_
04.22.2016 , 12:57 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by eezeej View Post
Icy now think about you playing ranked on small server with same players... And every time they trolling your rating and you by kicking from ranked wz.... or their friends doing it. I don't think it big issue. Pff here map bugs where you can die. Here unbalanced classes. And 1 Maximum 2 players in week using cheats on your server an you want kick them from your team???
You obviously don't play on Harbinger, there are 3 or possibly more doing I daily in all time brackets. Once the start doing it you may as well stop queuing.
And frankly I'm more concerned with them cheating than my ranking. I would happily vote to kick if they're on my team.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Icykill_'s Avatar


Icykill_
04.22.2016 , 12:59 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
lol this is actually a pretty valid point. It's hard to get angry about hacks in solo ranked, when you literally have 100 other issues that make rating irrelevant.

  • Queue syncing.
  • Map terrain that when touched spontaneously combusts you.
  • Chances of total scrubs being on your team ruining any chance you have of increasing your rating.
  • Chance that a teammate is a troll dropping the match for his buddy on the other team.
  • Lack of true talent due to the server having a total population you can count on two hands that actually play yolo.
  • Class balance so lopsided certain classes shouldn't be allowed to queue for yolo.


Did I miss any?

I mean... It's hard, really hard to take yolo seriously due to the myriad of issues plaguing it.

Hacks should be stopped asap, not because of yolo, but because all facets of the game will be compromised if cheats are not stopped.

I just get the feeling that the hacks bother you most because they affect your rating, and if that's the case then I think you miss the bigger picture.
PVP is just so broken.. But why let something else creep into it and make it even worse
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
04.22.2016 , 08:22 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
PVP is just so broken.. But why let something else creep into it and make it even worse
Yeah I know. Hacking is really a gamebreaking thing too.

Like I mentioned in another post, on eq1 I played that game for years until hacks became so rampant it seemed at least half the server was running them.

I was so sad to leave that game, but hacks ruined it. You simply cannot play and enjoy a game, particularly PVP against other players when they are blatantly hacking and cheating to win.

That game as it got older, obviously was very easy to hack because you'd see so many running hacks. I imagine all games have that problem, as tech gets new, and the game gets older people find easier ways to hack?
Please join the discussion on how to improve rewards for PVP
HERE
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9840582

Floplag's Avatar


Floplag
04.22.2016 , 08:43 AM | #8
vote to kick is a great idea in concept, but every game ive played that has it it has been abused and taken advantage of to the point of it not being used as intended 90% of the time.
We as gamers arent mature enough to handle it and it usually end up being used to kick someone the lead doesnt like with a homophobic slur.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

Tsetso's Avatar


Tsetso
04.23.2016 , 02:03 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
You obviously don't play on Harbinger, there are 3 or possibly more doing I daily in all time brackets. Once the start doing it you may as well stop queuing.
And frankly I'm more concerned with them cheating than my ranking. I would happily vote to kick if they're on my team.
That's jeezee, the most notorious hacker in tofn and tre. He won't be able to play pvp at all if vote kicking was allowed.

Yorioko's Avatar


Yorioko
04.23.2016 , 06:03 AM | #10
As a player that only occationally play PVP features here I think there should be an easier way to "boot" cheaters, but I fear something like this will ONLY become a tool to weed out the lesser skilled pvpver ( the so called sabotaurs and "I don't" give an F players), A group of players that is highly annoying BUT at the same have every right to be "there".
How to avoid this turning into a PVP elitist feature I think is the real question here.

What I would see rather then a "new" vote function is a "filter"
With "Filter" I mean a feature that scans your account/character as you queue up. Scans it for coding basically.
Then if the character has ANY outside coding it simply will NOT queue.
I don't working out a fliter like that is too much work really.

I just fear that ANY and ALL vote functions will be used in 1/100 against the real target, Chesters and in the rest 99/100 to weed out the "bad pvpers" making this feature a real game killer.....becuse the game can most definately NOT survive 1% pvpers locking and blocking a feature of a game for the other 99% of players.