BW has got to do something about sorc/sages

cagthehack

It is ruining the game.

I was just in an arena (level 65 - pug) with 2 sages (healing), 1 gunslinger and me, a vanguard (tatics). Against 2 sorc (healing I assume), a jugg and mara.

Both rounds the clock ran out and had to go into sudden death. This is just damn stupid.

I mean, I'm grateful for my sages for keeping us up, but man - me and the gunslinger were beating on a sorc and nothing. I watched the jugg and the mara doing the same thing to a sage. Both sorcs and sages were dealing damage too. And healing us. That's just wrong.

It's at the point were I feel the only way to pvp now is to roll a sage. Something has to change. Nerf, buff us - I don't know. But this "super sorc/sage" thing is ruining the game

I'm sure you've all heard this before. So - /end of rant

It is ruining the game.

I was just in an arena (level 65 - pug) with 2 sages (healing), 1 gunslinger and me, a vanguard (tatics). Against 2 sorc (healing I assume), a jugg and mara.

Both rounds the clock ran out and had to go into sudden death. This is just damn stupid.

I mean, I'm grateful for my sages for keeping us up, but man - me and the gunslinger were beating on a sorc and nothing. I watched the jugg and the mara doing the same thing to a sage. Both sorcs and sages were dealing damage too. And healing us. That's just wrong.

It's at the point were I feel the only way to pvp now is to roll a sage. Something has to change. Nerf, buff us - I don't know. But this "super sorc/sage" thing is ruining the game

I'm sure you've all heard this before. So - /end of rant

You had two healers on both teams... I mean, if you had two healing mandos/scoundrels and someone died that would be because the healers sucked.

Game needs matchmaking in a bad way, if we had match making then 99% of these posts would vanish over night.

You had two healers on both teams... I mean, if you had two healing mandos/scoundrels and someone died that would be because the healers sucked.

Not really. Sorcs have 2 ways to completely reset a fight+ other thingies, the rest of the healers just die and melt down under constant focus even with cross healing.

The population interested in PvP is too small in order for matchmaking not to make queues insanely long. Even smaller in ranked.

Edited by Kaedusz

Not really. Sorcs have 2 ways to completely reset a fight+ other thingies, the rest of the healers just die and melt down under constant focus even with cross healing.

The population interested in PvP is too small in order for matchmaking not to make queues insanely long. Even smaller in ranked.

Two competent healers on any AC should be more than capable of healing through two dps.

If you kill two healers with two dps they are ****.

This. Sorc/Sage bag of tricks is just way to many.

And I agree with OP, I been pvping less and less because I don't see the point. It's literally pointless. I mean I still do the daily/weekly to store up some comms for future armor sets, but after that i just get so turned off by all the sorcs and sages I have to fight through every freaking match and the endless chasing and lolbubbles and I could go on and on but oh well, whaddayagonnado, BW doesn't give two poops apparently.

Basically people cry not because the sorc is overperforming, but because they can't "melt" them like they melt the other two healers.

The other two healers are underperforming especially the merc healer, but that's irrelevant obviously if you judge importance by number of posts on a topic.

I really think some people would be completely happy if all heals were equally as weak as the merc healer.

Instead of crying about needing nerfs, why don't you give a constructive solution... You realize if sorcs are nerfed, there's basically going to be no healers capable of healing the insane tunneled burst now rampant in the wzs?

Something more sensible is to ask for adjustments for healing in general.

Sure, tone sorcs down. But you know what? Merc heals need some significant improvements, and ops healers could use some QOL adjustments too.

It's very hard to want some healers to be improved when 9/10 matches has 4 of the ******es roaming around.

Depending on the map, it's an auto loss.

Last night I had one of those matches in Civil War.

We had one Sorc and they had two Sages, a Scoundrel, and a Mando healer.

Lucky for us they were **** at guarding so we won, I had 2.2 mil damage and no kills, the other dps weren't far behind.

It's very hard to want some healers to be improved when 9/10 matches has 4 of the ******es roaming around.

Depending on the map, it's an auto loss.

Last night I had one of those matches in Civil War.

We had one Sorc and they had two Sages, a Scoundrel, and a Mando healer.

Lucky for us they were **** at guarding so we won, I had 2.2 mil damage and no kills, the other dps weren't far behind.

I realize this. But people typically only can see as far as their arm's length... there's a lot more going on that should be considered.

I suppose if sorcs got nerfed, then the cries for the other healers would intensify for improvements. Maybe then people would see past the overperforming sorc, and realize how other healers do need some improvements.

The healing classes all need some tuning, up and down, and changes in general to some of their abilities to create better synergy, especially ops heals and merc heals which are really clunky and inefficient in their deliveries.

Doesn't seem to matter though, because sorcs are the master class, and the rest live to serve them. No class balance incoming, sorcs will remain the best healers and the other two will remain as is.

You realize if sorcs are nerfed, there's basically going to be no healers capable of healing the insane tunneled burst now rampant in the wzs?

I see nothing wrong with that.

People should die. They shouldn't not die.

No healer should be able to heal through an ''insane'' amount of burst, or survive it.

Edited by Kaedusz

I see nothing wrong with that.

People should die. They shouldn't not die.

No healer should be able to heal through an ''insane'' amount of burst, or survive it.

This.

You shouldn't be able to survive 2 PTs and a Mara railing on you for an extended period of time.

This.

You shouldn't be able to survive 2 PTs and a Mara railing on you for an extended period of time.

This.

10 sec. ok

20 sec. ok

30 or maybe 40 sec ok

But as merc or operative you will die in less than a minute even you are the best player in the world.

Only a sorc/sage even me with my twink can survive 1 minute or "minutes" (phasewalk, force barrier, knockback root, force speed, bubblestun ... )

All this utilities (a merc can only dream about that, operative has at least vanish) is the problem and need to be fixed.

Sorcs and sages are just a plague.

Edited by Opaknack

Basically people cry not because the sorc is overperforming, but because they can't "melt" them like they melt the other two healers.

The other two healers are underperforming especially the merc healer, but that's irrelevant obviously if you judge importance by number of posts on a topic.

I really think some people would be completely happy if all heals were equally as weak as the merc healer.

Instead of crying about needing nerfs, why don't you give a constructive solution... You realize if sorcs are nerfed, there's basically going to be no healers capable of healing the insane tunneled burst now rampant in the wzs?

Something more sensible is to ask for adjustments for healing in general.

Sure, tone sorcs down. But you know what? Merc heals need some significant improvements, and ops healers could use some QOL adjustments too.

Oh I agree. It's not right that merc/commando and scoundrel/operative heals aren't goog enough to withstand a fight. They should not be as good as the sorc/sage healer, cause those classes are the primary healing class. But they should be close.

My vanguard can easily take down a merc or operative healer. Easy. I don''t even worry about them, when I see them in PVP, frankly. And that's messed up.

I agree with another poster, I'm just running the daily and weekly. And then no more pvp. Unless I roll a sage or sorc, it's just pointless.

I am done with this debate, I shouldn't have to explain every nuance of my points for people to come to their own reasonable conclusions with what I am saying.

Yes, people should die. I never said, "healers should keep people up indefinitely and no one should ever die." Did I say that? nah, I didn't.

Anyway, doesn't matter, BW doesn't care.

Sorcs overperform, ops perform ok, and mercs are underperforming when it comes to healing. End of story.

Don't like sorcs and sages healing for so much and want them nerfed? Contact your local government representative, because that would proably prove to be just as effective as crying about it here in the PVP forums.

Sorcs and sages are fine in PvE there is no need to mess about with them. You mess about with them in PvE too much and more and more people will find rank 30 healing companions a better alternative. Edited by Jedi_riches

Everyone here has a very good point, but no one is answering the most important question of all for BW. How will this help the cartel market?

ROFL, that is very true.

That's why nothing is being done about ANY of the class balance adjustments that are needed. In no way, shape, or form would the CM benefit from time and resources being poured into balancing classes for PVP.

no. sorc heals are overperforming. they do have the best of everything. and I mean everything. they are more mobile than ops (while continuing to heal), more tanky than mercs, have better emergeny heals than both, have better resource management than both. sorc healers have no identity. they just do everything better. that's broken.

yes, ops and (especially) mercs need some love. but sorcs are fundamentally broken. they have an answer for everything. no deficiencies (as healers) and no identity (good at this but not this, etc.). that's broken.

in my experience this far (s7 yolo) it's not a huge problem because almost every healer is a sorc b/c any other healer has no shot in comparison. not because they "melt," but because the sorc has an answer for everything. the only time a sorc "fails" is when he thinks his game's broken b/c he can't barrier in the midst of casting serenity. and I'd even take that fool over an op or a merc.

Edited by foxmob

no. sorc heals are overperforming. they do have the best of everything. and I mean everything. they are more mobile than ops (while continuing to heal), more tanky than mercs, have better emergeny heals than both, have better resource management than both. sorc healers have no identity. they just do everything better. that's broken.

yes, ops and (especially) mercs need some love. but sorcs are fundamentally broken. they have an answer for everything. no deficiencies (as healers) and no identity (good at this but not this, etc.). that's broken.

in my experience this far (s7 yolo) it's not a huge problem because almost every healer is a sorc b/c any other healer has no shot in comparison. not because they "melt," but because the sorc has an answer for everything. the only time a sorc "fails" is when he thinks his game's broken b/c he can't barrier in the midst of casting serenity. and I'd even take that fool over an op or a merc.

I never said the class was not overperforming, I said, people don't complain because the class is overperforming, they complain because they cannot melt them like they melt the other healers.

FFS. Everybody knows the class is overperforming!

The fact is, you got many people that cry nerfs for heals and they honestly feel that heals should have little to no impact on a fight, and that's BS too.

Like I said, I am done with this debate. You people take what others write, and misconstrue what is being written by your own impressions of what you think the person is saying!

To clarify, I NEVER SAID, SORCS ARE NOT OVERPERFORMING. WE ALL KNOW THAT THEY ARE.

Edited by Lhancelot

I never said the class was not overperforming, I said, people don't complain because the class is overperforming, they complain because they cannot melt them like they melt the other healers.

so...what you're saying is...I'm purposely misconstruing what you say to fit my own view of reality. but...like...you completely ignored the fact that I did address the second part of your wonderful little line about the other classes melting. in other words, pot, this is kettle. you're black.

I look forward to not reading your reply that you won't make because you were done with this debate 3 posts ago. :rolleyes:

Its funny because when 3.3 was dropped we had that super rare yellow post in the pvp forums saying they would be looking at heals if it was over performing and adding something in to fix it. Guess that must mean sorcs aren't over performing lol:rolleyes:

so...what you're saying is...I'm purposely misconstruing what you say to fit my own view of reality. but...like...you completely ignored the fact that I did address the second part of your wonderful little line about the other classes melting. in other words, pot, this is kettle. you're black.

I look forward to not reading your reply that you won't make because you were done with this debate 3 posts ago. :rolleyes:

He is a healer apologist.

The thing is, scoundrel heals is 100% fine. Merc is slightly underpowered (kolto shell needs a ~20% buff, kolto missile a ~10% buff). Merc in patch 2.10 was exactly the type of healing power that merc should have. They should have to use kolto shell, aim kolto missile for multiple targets, while having to watch their heat.

Roaming mend needs to bounce once per 1.5 seconds (even with resurgence), and dark infusion and innervate need to cost ~10 more force power each. This would force sorcs to actually use consumption. Right now, a sorc can heal strong DPS for around 2 minutes before even needing to use consumption. Consumption should be mandatory to use every 10 seconds.

Edited by TheCourier-

If it actually still mattered to save PvP here; I would say to go the entirely unfair route and nerf the F out of sorcs heals and heals in general. Game became boring a long time ago when every warzone is basically just try to kill the healers forever then try to cap or get other kills before they respawn and come back and you start all over again and if theres a few, just fight to a draw. It would be entirely unfair for healers in general to all play at a merc healer level, but they need to make matches fun again, and to do that, you need a faster playing match rather than just watch the damage numbers go up while we're all topped off on heals.

But it doesn't matter really. The population dieing and never attempting matchmaking or whatever the F is better than cross server might have been; its the least of issues and maybe just exhagerated because of all population situation and lack of care for PvP in general.

My advice to everyone would be to play your chapters and find PvP elsewhere. There are stages you will go through before you get to acceptance, but you will get there.