Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

***Need Sticky*** Redemption Code Update Information

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
***Need Sticky*** Redemption Code Update Information

Ahebish
12.13.2011 , 03:58 PM | #1
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

Let me take a moment to try to clarify as much as I can here.

Due to an unexpected early delivery of the game in parts of Europe, people DO have their physical, retail copies of the game with actual DVDs inside. These people are running into issues once they try to input their RETAIL KEY CODE onto the website. This is what we resolved for the users that I called out in my previous post.

The OTHER issue relates to people experiencing issues with their PRE-ORDER CODE for early game access. In Europe, some retailers put out a box with a pre-order code in it. This is NOT the retail key code. This is still a PRE-ORDER CODE.

We are actively working on resolving the issues for both cases. It seems to be related to users who tried to enter EITHER their RETAIL KEY CODE or their PRE-ORDER code between December 8th and December 9th.

Please allow us some time to resolve these accounts affected.

If you DID NOT attempt to input EITHER code between December 8th and December 9th, and you are still experiencing issues, please post with the message: "I did not enter a code between December 8th and December 9th and I am still having issues"

I hope that this clears things up. I've tried to explain this as clearly as I can
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahebish View Post
Updated information from buddies of mine already in game

1. Pre-order codes from origin/amazon/etc are independent of the CHECK MARK of "Product registration Code" in your Accounts.

They do NOT effect your eligability to receive an invite into early access.

3 of my buddies are already in game, and have stated to this fact.

When the game is released... Dec 20th... THAT is when you need to enter your product registration codes on the TOR site.

To clarify: The product registration code is independent of your pre-order codes. You will be eligable to get early access with your pre-order codes, however on Dec 20th. You will receive a retail code from your respective digital download sites. Such as Origin or Amazon. This is the code that needs to be entered in the "Product Registration Code" The UNCHECKED that we all see.

Quote:
More updated information: Launcher Issues Repair option in launcher is suggested in these cases.
Confirmation that you are ready for early game access:

One thing you want to check and verify on each account is something along the lines of:

Click My Account ----> Code Redemption (right side list)

You should see something at the bottom left on each account looking something like this:

11.02.2011Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08.25.2011Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order

As long as you see that on each account you are golden for early access.

And on the 20th when you receive your new Product Registration Code: You will register it on your account page.
More Updated Information

AresQQ
12.13.2011 , 04:17 PM | #2
sticky this and give us more info on what happening.

BloodyTrauma
12.13.2011 , 04:33 PM | #3
this would have been nice to know at the time of pre-ordering, or even in the email explaining how early access would work

also when you log into your account on the swtor site it gives you the impression that something has happened to your account and your pre-order is gone along with the money they paid for it
Speak softly and carry a big stick

Drazulfel
12.13.2011 , 04:38 PM | #4
You will receive a retail code...
Okay, this is what I'm looking for, I think. When I pre-ordered straight from Origin, on 12/8, I received the e-mail below, and entered the code that was supplied. This grants me Early Access starting from whenever I get my notification e-mail, and expiring late on 12/19. If I understand the OP correctly, there is a second, full retail code that I have not received yet, but will be made available by Origin on 12/20. At that time, I'll enter that code under My Account, and make that big "Redeem a Product Registration Code" check box go away, and allow me to set up my subscription options. Correct?

Product SKU: 71074
Product Name: STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Standard Edition (Pre-Ordered)
Anticipated Released Date: Targeting Holiday 2011
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $54.99

Product SKU: 71065
Product Name: Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order Fee
Amount: $5.00
Serial Number: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

Ahebish
12.13.2011 , 04:39 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Drazulfel View Post
Okay, this is what I'm looking for, I think. When I pre-ordered straight from Origin, on 12/8, I received the e-mail below, and entered the code that was supplied. This grants me Early Access starting from whenever I get my notification e-mail, and expiring late on 12/19. If I understand the OP correctly, there is a second, full retail code that I have not received yet, but will be made available by Origin on 12/20. At that time, I'll enter that code under My Account, and make that big "Redeem a Product Registration Code" check box go away, and allow me to set up my subscription options. Correct?

Product SKU: 71074
Product Name: STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Standard Edition (Pre-Ordered)
Anticipated Released Date: Targeting Holiday 2011
Amount: $54.99

Product SKU: 71065
Product Name: Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order Fee
Amount: $5.00
Serial Number: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
100% correct

Drazulfel
12.13.2011 , 04:42 PM | #6
Okay then... yes, I agree this needs a sticky. I purchased accounts for three family members on 12/8, and when we all logged in and it looked like our purchases weren't credited, it caused some heart palpitations.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

Ahebish
12.13.2011 , 04:45 PM | #7
Okay then... yes, I agree this needs a sticky. I purchased accounts for three family members on 12/8, and when we all logged in and it looked like our purchases weren't credited, it caused some heart palpitations.
One thing you want to check and verify on each account is something along the lines of:

Click My Account ----> Code Redemption (right side list)

You should see something at the bottom left on each account looking something like this:

11.02.2011Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08.25.2011Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order

As long as you see that on each account you are golden for early access.

And on the 20th you know what you need to do already.

Drazulfel
12.13.2011 , 04:46 PM | #8
Ta daaa!

Below is a list of valid Star Wars: The Old Republic codes that have been redeemed under this account.

12.09.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

12.09.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order

Ahebish
12.13.2011 , 04:48 PM | #9
Ta daaa!

Below is a list of valid Star Wars: The Old Republic codes that have been redeemed under this account.

12.09.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

12.09.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order
You should be good to go then.

Now, bare in mind, because you ordered late... you may not get into early access until 3 maybe even 4th or even 5th day

The earlier you redeemed your pre-order code (according to BW) the faster you get in supposedly.

So don't be suprised if you don't get in for a couple of days

Drazulfel
12.13.2011 , 04:52 PM | #10
You should be good to go then.

Now, bare in mind, because you ordered late... you may not get into early access until 3 maybe even 4th or even 5th day

The earlier you redeemed your pre-order code (according to BW) the faster you get in supposedly.

So don't be suprised if you don't get in for a couple of days
Understood. Was a little bummed not to be in today's round, but I wasn't counting on it, and will be out of town all day tomorrow. I might start to whine a little, in private, after that.

Thank you for being patiently informative, and not l33t'ist.