64 Bit Client (Terrible FPS)

GlockSMG

Where is the 64 bit client for this game???

I have to tweak CPU priority and affinity every time I play this game in addition to my GeForce 770 in the Nividia control panel.

I am getting 17-35 FPS in warzones despite my CPU being overclocked.

Here are my System Specs:

Model: Alienware Area 51 R2 (Windows 7 Pro 64 bit)

CPU: i7-5820K 6-core processor OC'd to 3.8ghz

GPU: Nividia Geforce 770 2GB

RAM: 16GB

Drive: HDD 2TB at 7200RPM (don't think an SSD would make too much of a difference; only load times would be quicker)

My computer is a beast in terms of speed and capacity, but I hear people with PCs with fewer processors are handling the game much better due to single thread single core 32 bit SWTOR client.

i7-4770 3.4Ghz CPU, GeForce 650 Ti 4gb VRAM GPU, 16gb RAM, also 2TB HDD as I also have the PTS installed and not enough room on SSD (and when I didn't have PTS, only load times were effected), Win7 64bit Ultimate.

I get decent 60-90 FPS in nearly all environments at very low / low graphics, and can keep them in the 30-40s at high graphics if I turn off AA, Shadows, Grass and Trees.

Burning/smoke effects (the ones they added with KOTFE, mind you. The old fires on Corellia and places are/were OK) give me some issues though.

From what I hear, the code is very poorly optimized and not really good for this decade.

Your CPU is too old.

I have an i5 6400 @2.7 and get 60 frames pretty much everywhere except Queshball on Ultra. I get 30 there.

I think yours is Haswell, you need a Skylake for this stupid game.

I have win 7 64 bit old intel 960 chip, Ti 560 vid card and run on high and ultra setting, never get less than 60+. unless there are 40+ in a large open pvp battle. Even then I can turn friendly nameplates off and get 30. Sounds like you have an internet issue or have created other issues with the overclocking. Edited by MotorCityMan

I have win 7 64 bit old intel 960 chip, Ti 560 vid card and run on high and ultra setting, never get less than 60+. unless

Im not OP and I don't have huge problems with fps... But this is a plain miracle OR maybe your PC ~ to testing PC in Bioware office i.e. one on million! ;)

Your CPU is too old.

I have an i5 6400 @2.7 and get 60 frames pretty much everywhere except Queshball on Ultra. I get 30 there.

I think yours is Haswell, you need a Skylake for this stupid game.

Oh c'mon, this game only came out in 2011! My 2013 CPU cannot be "too old" :D

Oh c'mon, this game only came out in 2011! My 2013 CPU cannot be "too old" :D

The game runs like **** on anything not Skylake.

There have been threads about it, if you want to play pvp on ultra you need to upgrade.

I get 30 - 60 fpdin every warzone

I have a i7 5820k 4.5 ghz

32 gigs 2600 ddr4

512 gig nvme ssd

Gtx 980

You system is plenty fine , this game needs a fast cpu and ssd to get good performance

Edited by matthmaroo

The game runs like **** on anything not Skylake.

There have been threads about it, if you want to play pvp on ultra you need to upgrade.

dude this is not true at all

sandy bridge and up is fine

Edited by matthmaroo

dude this is not true at all

sandy bridge and up is fine

It ran like garbage on my Sandy Bridge. I barely got anything above 25 fps on very low settings.

Frame rate drops in my ship without doing anything at all. In WZ it was a nightmare.

Several threads in the general section show that I'm not alone in my experience, someone recommended an upgrade, now the game runs at a smooth 60 fps.

Edited by Ruhun

It's your graphics card

I'm running a gtx 980 and i5 on ultra and experience no loss at all in wzns or ops.

What i5 though?

Skylake i5 will have no issues, Haswell on the other hand will.

Edited by Ruhun

Nividia 770 and my CPU is extremely powerful, more than enough for the games specs. I just need a 64 bit client so that this 32 bit client does not suck. You get 30-60 FPS in wzs because you are using a 32 bit OS with an i5 cpu (not multi-core with multiprocessors). Edited by GlockSMG

Nividia 770 and my CPU is extremely powerful, more than enough for the games specs. I just need a 64 bit client so that this 32 bit client does not suck. You get 30-60 FPS in wzs because you are using a 32 bit OS with an i5 cpu (not multi-core with multiprocessors).

i5 is multicore.

The i3 is the one you are thinking about, but it's also dual core. The clock speed is what varies.

The game is poorly optimized. You need a better cpu for more fps.

Edited by Ruhun