The issues with resolve and CC.

CommandoPower

1. It simply is not reliable.

I've had people shrug off CC with no resolve and I've been CC with full resolve. In fact my Vanguard did his job and tanked and ate cc, but once was locked down for 30-45 seconds straight. I was out literally the entire fight. In this time I BARELY got to perform perhaps 3 actions (all 1 at a time then stunned again) even with a CC breaker use at full resolve. I lived through great healing and I did my job tanking....but it was nothing but frustrating for me.

That is plainly not supposed to happen under the currently intended system so obviously SOMETHING is broke.

2. Most people die within 2 stacked stuns.

Get stunned twice in a row and your CC breaker is down? Congrats your dead. Yes I know this works for both sides but it's not fun nor fair for the CC'd player.

3. CC breaker CD is 2 minutes, stuns are 1 minute.

Oh sweet you did everything right but the fight lasts longer than 60 seconds, too bad your still chain CC/killed. Yes I know this works for both sides but it's not fun nor fair for the CC'd player.

4. It's more advantageous for some characters than others.

When you wait till mid fight to pop a CC as half of the classes you can get a significant advantage. If they break free you just mezz with these classes and then heal up. Suddenly they are STILL helpless facing a now full hp foe ready to womp them.

5. By the time it kicks in your dead or half dead and guaranteed to lose.

You speak of gaming the system to get an advantage VS CC being used upon. HOWEVER the fact is that it's far easier to game the system as the CC user due to lesser CD's, kbs, and snares/roots not being affected.

Edited by CommandoPower

It absolutely is reliable. There are no bugs currently with resolve. Read Rome-fu's guide that is stickied please.

I speak from many many hours of PVP combat. I do not know if it's a graphical glitch, a latency glitch, or a latency issue (I run smoothly without any bad lag at 100ms or less and have never had any other latency issues). However fact is the system has, many times indeed, not worked as intended. Most notable being the example that I gave.

Perhaps you should read more closely before posting.

Edited by CommandoPower

I've had people shrug off CC with no resolve and I've been CC with full resolve. In fact my Vanguard did his job and tanked and ate cc, but once was locked down for 30-45 seconds straight. I was out literally the entire fight. In this time I BARELY got to perform perhaps 3 actions (all 1 at a time then stunned again) even with a CC breaker use at full resolve. I lived through great healing and I did my job tanking....but it was nothing but frustrating for me.

That is plainly not supposed to happen under the currently intended system so obviously SOMETHING is broke.

Get stunned twice in a row and your CC breaker is down? Congrats your dead. Yes I know this works for both sides but it's not fun nor fair for the CC'd player.

Oh sweet you did everything right but the fight lasts longer than 60 seconds, too bad your still chain CC/killed. Yes I know this works for both sides but it's not fun nor fair for the CC'd player.

When you wait till mid fight to pop a CC as half of the classes you can get a significant advantage. If they break free you just mezz with these classes and then heal up. Suddenly they are STILL helpless facing a now full hp foe ready to womp them.

1) First, there are CC immunity abilities/skills. Second, some people have mentioned a bug where they get CC'd with white resolve, but I've played a lot of warzones and never seen it. The CC that turns your bar white will always take effect, though.

2) So your team just lets you die? Or are you fighting 1v2 against coordinated players?

3) Again, what is your team doing?

4) Ok. Every class has advantages and disadvantages.

I read it in full and posted at the end of the thread. Stop flippantly posting without giving any real thought or consideration. I've seen resolve work as intended at times, while other times I've seen it fail utterly at it's job.

This is not some rage post made because I just got CC'd to death in game. Last game I didn't have any issues, in fact it worked properly the single time in the match I saw it actually do anything.

ALSO if you notice I have points where even IF resolve is working perfectly it's still a bit flawed as a system.

I took the time to carefully consider my post and point out my issues with it as logically and fairly as possible. Please for the love of peat stop with you knee jerk ill considered responses. They are off base, not in context, and completely unhelpful for this discussion whatsoever.

OP is going to get a bunch of replies that amount to "you're exaggerating," "you're wrong," and "learn to play," but the Resolve system is not working the way it should be.

Yesterday in Huttball, Myself and 2 other Sages each Force Stunned the Enemy Ball Carrier in succession. He ate all 3 stuns for full length despite his Resolve Bar being full. That's clearly not working as Resolve is intended.

Hell even when resolve works AS intended, it's poor. Having to wait til the end of the Current CC for the immunity to kick in is bad.

5. By the time it kicks in your dead or half dead and guaranteed to lose.

You speak of gaming the system to get an advantage VS CC being used upon. HOWEVER the fact is that it's far easier to game the system as the CC user due to lesser CD's, kbs, and snares/roots not being affected.

A lot of people are posting about CC issues, but frankly, as a Jedi Sage, I have yet to be chained stunned to death, unless I do something silly for fun like attack a well-defended point solo or run into a group of reds. Oh, and when you have the ball in Huttball if you allies aren't helping you. When these things occur, I expect to die anyway.

I like to think I am only an average skill level player, but I think positioning and decision making has to do a lot with you being chained stunned. Perhaps work on coordination with your team or play with your guild. However, it could be that the Jedi Sage has better survival techniques. I am going to wait until a good chunk of us are level 50 before I agree or disagree with PvP balancing.

I feel a lot better about CC in this game than the old "stun-locking rouge" that would wreck my mage in WoW or the stun locking in heros in DotA.

I agree stun-locking sucks, when there is little you can do about it. It can be frustrating, but I haven't had that feeling in this game yet. I like the way PvP feels (minus the 1-2 sec latency server side), but as I mentioned, I may be biased as I haven't tried all the classes yet at level 50 in PvP and I think most people would like to gather more data (especially at level 50 PvP) before we go swing any nerf bats.

1) First, there are CC immunity abilities/skills. Second, some people have mentioned a bug where they get CC'd with white resolve, but I've played a lot of warzones and never seen it. The CC that turns your bar white will always take effect, though.

2) So your team just lets you die? Or are you fighting 1v2 against coordinated players?

See this poster is much better. They contributed actual discussion and show that they have read and considered their post. I might not agree with what they say but I respect them for putting forwards at least a modicum of effort. I'll now respond to said issues in kind.

The fact isn't so much teamed vs unteamed. Dark Age of Camelot illustrates the point on CC perfectly. While the system can be fine and balanced on paper, that does not mean it is fun to play in. It's fun to be on the side applying the CC, however it's not very fun to be on the side CC'd.

Via my first example I pointed out that I did my job as tank and likely contributed heavily to the fight by eating so much damage and CC, however it was very much not a fun time for me to sit there and watch my screen as my health bar flew back and forth. It's even less fun when you have an even match of players on each side and you get CC stomped and never even get to contribute to the fight.

Thus it's an enjoyment issue more than a balance issue. Though at the same time it does exacerbate the difference in numbers if your outnumbered. Making it much much harder to pull off those underdog wins when outnumbered. After all you cannot outplay them if you cannot act.

That's completely irrelevant. CC is automatically 100% better than CC breakers because it is up twice as often. This is on top of being able to be double stunned or stun/mezzed easily. Many times by a single person.

This is the case regardless of team or solo play and again this gives even further advantage to the team with higher numbers involved in the skirmish and discourages underdog wins through outplaying.

While this is true we currently have several classes that can do this and use things such as vanish or damage shields, heal effectively, and do significant damage at the same time. There is concern of hybrids doing things too well already and this both complicates and exacerbates the issue.

When you have a some of the classes good at 1 on 1's, heals well, does signifigant damage, and excels at team play I believe it's inevitable for this to be a PVP balance issue. We are currently seeing it primarily with Sorc/Sage atm, but when the dust and nerfs settle around that other healing damage dealers will likely be in the line of fire next. Such as commando's and the equivalent for bounty hunter likely followed by scoundrels and imperial operatives.

I hear the grumbling going around and I read the waters using my experience from over a decade of competitive PVP starting with DAOC. I am well capable of being wrong, but I do have a leg up in that regard. The waters have already started churning IMO.

I'd rather get some of the core issues fixed before the classes themselves get nerfed for better balancing when they do nerf them.

A lot of people are posting about CC issues, but frankly, as a Jedi Sage, I have yet to be chained stunned to death, unless I do something silly for fun like attack a well-defended point solo or run into a group of reds. Oh, and when you have the ball in Huttball if you allies aren't helping you. When these things occur, I expect to die anyway.

I like to think I am only an average skill level player, but I think positioning and decision making has to do a lot with you being chained stunned. Perhaps work on coordination with your team or play with your guild. However, it could be that the Jedi Sage has better survival techniques. I am going to wait until a good chunk of us are level 50 before I agree or disagree with PvP balancing.

I feel a lot better about CC in this game than the old "stun-locking rouge" that would wreck my mage in WoW or the stun locking in heros in DotA.

I agree stun-locking sucks, when there is little you can do about it. It can be frustrating, but I haven't had that feeling in this game yet. I like the way PvP feels (minus the 1-2 sec latency server side), but as I mentioned, I may be biased as I haven't tried all the classes yet at level 50 in PvP and I think most people would like to gather more data (especially at level 50 PvP) before we go swing any nerf bats.

My primary class is vanguard atm. My position is in front eating bullets for my friend. That's why I've been exposed to this excessively as I'm intentionally making myself as big of a target as possible in team fights and generally being a complete and total pain in the Bantha tail for the enemy team.

It gets pretty noticeable after awhile when your taking 70% of the fire because they cannot kill your friends while your up. Especially since your one of the few classes that can survive long enough to eat more than 2-3 stuns in a row and live.

Edited by CommandoPower