Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Eternal Championship Encounter Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Eternal Championship Encounter Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jerba
04.01.2016 , 07:42 PM | #31
Just did another playthrough with no deaths on my scoundrel and managed to get the < 15 minute achievement, so it is possible.
https://www.twitch.tv/theeho/v/58085543
The total run took 27 minutes so I suppose it only counts the combat time and not the intermission periods.

Blurch
04.01.2016 , 08:17 PM | #32
I was able to finally complete the 5th fight with Lanos but for get after that and this is made for 204 gearÖ. I have 4 pieces of 216 2 of which are implants and the other 2 are misc. mod and or enhancement the rest is 220 or above. Forget it I canít do it on a scoundrel healer with a level 50 influence companion. Got to fight #7 Raven and the other guyÖ lost count on deaths. Spec Sawbones.

Jerba
04.01.2016 , 08:22 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Reofeir View Post
Boss 10, However, is something Iím curious about. I may be Iím missing something, but the ďLaserĒ the walker shoots do insane amounts of damage. My healer companion could only heal so much and I was only able to survive using healer companion + Resilience. Otherwise, I would have died if I relied on only the heal stations and him. Iím not sure if many classes could survive that attack, or if thereís something Iím missing. Outside of that one attack it was challenging and something I canít wait to test with another character. Really fun.

Edit: Seems some folks had no problem at all with the laser, so it could of just been me being silly.
I'm pretty sure you are supposed to use your DCDs on that attack. Not sure if every class has a DCD for it but I had no problem avoiding half the damage with Scamper and Defense Screen, the other half has healed by my companion.
If the companion can heal away the full damage, it would be boring. This is the final boss after all, it should be difficult and require you to use defensives.

Quote: Originally Posted by Eggseggseggs View Post
My nitpicking: If the first few bosses are going to drop exotic mats, why not make them all drop it? I mean it's pretty sad to see some items of little market value drop for the easy bosses, and have no rewards for the ones after. Sure the rancor is there to appeal to people, but if it has a low drop rate like I imagine, not many are going to farm it before giving up.
I believe the Exotic mats are a chance to drop from every boss, you were just lucky to have gotten it from an early boss but it could have dropped anywhere.

Quote: Originally Posted by Huskernutz View Post
Fifth: fun encounter, shielding adds could use interrupt and stun immunity, can also see the root leap from exploding skytroopers being annoying for some people
I'm pretty sure you are intended to stun or interrupt the shield adds. This teaches players to use their stuns/interrupts since the adds die much faster that way.
There are already a lot of stun immune adds so I don't think it is a good idea to add any more immunity.

Unperson
04.01.2016 , 08:22 PM | #34
Veng Jugg, in 220 MK-2 gear. My set bonus gear is for tank spec and soloing as a tank is boring, but I may give it a shot to see how it changes. Senya level 30-ish healing.

Rounds 1-5, easy, as expected. Don't really remember what they are about, just follow the scouting instructions.

Round 6, difficulty spike compared to previous fights. Fun because you have to pay attention to what all 3 are doing and keep on the move. Killed adds first, then boss. Taunt came in handy when companion started to get combo'ed by boss.

Round 7, died at least twice until I figured out the kill order. Not too difficult but Nocturno hits like a freight train when in her mini-enrages. The utility belt is fun, but there is no time to read and the only ability I used was the shock mine to finish Nocturno off. It would be great if you could see the mines on the ground once they are planted, though.

Round 8, don't stand in stupid, kill adds, burn boss. Um, was expecting something more, given round 7. I seem to recall that the apprentice handler gets a panic debuff or something if he's inside the circle when the rancor lands, but he didn't really last long enough for me to investigate much.

Round 9, wiped a few times because companion kept getting hit by death-rays, yellow circles and red circles. Keybind passive mode and the difficulty is suddenly cut in half. When activating passive mode, companion should drop whatever they are doing and follow you immediately, instead of being "queued" until they finish channeling. Because of this she didn't get out of yellow circles in time once or twice. Not a good thing when you have to fight the controls instead of the enemy.

Round 10, died because I didn't realize that when he says "outer rings", he means "everything but the very center of the room". I liked the mortar thing killing the probes, but I was surprised by how little damage the mortar actually does. Champ himself is a bit of a joke, knockbacks could use a buff. Not sure how classes with worse DCDs are supposed to survive the laser beam, though. Reflect and Enraged Defense saved me first time around, and Endure Pain and Saber Ward plus an absorb adrenal for the second.

Regarding encounter design, I think DoT specs have it easier since you have to stay on the move most of the time, and save for the electricity phase of round 10, ranged would have it easier than melee, as usual. EDIT: oh, yeah, the ranged reflect shields on round 6. That's got to be serious bad news for snipers.

I managed to fail to complete the [WEEKLY] missions. Apparently I took them before the [Solo] one, and therefore they didn't progress beyond "take mission from console". I would also suggest disabling repair costs here, as you can easily come out in the red, and unlike in ops, the loot doesn't justify it. It was quite fun overall, but the meager rewards preclude replayability.

Blurch
04.01.2016 , 08:25 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Blurch View Post
I was able to finally complete the 5th fight with Lanos but for get after that and this is made for 204 gearÖ. I have 4 pieces of 216 2 of which are implants and the other 2 are misc. mod and or enhancement the rest is 220 or above. Forget it I canít do it on a scoundrel healer with a level 50 influence companion. Got to fight #7 Raven and the other guyÖ lost count on deaths.
What spec are you your not Sawbones?

Reofeir
04.01.2016 , 08:42 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
I'm pretty sure you are supposed to use your DCDs on that attack. Not sure if every class has a DCD for it but I had no problem avoiding half the damage with Scamper and Defense Screen, the other half has healed by my companion.
If the companion can heal away the full damage, it would be boring. This is the final boss after all, it should be difficult and require you to use defensives.
Yes, I figured that. SO I made my edit in. However, I was a bit concerned my other defense cooldowns did nothing really to defend against it. Only that one really saved me. So I was worried that specific classes may not be able to survive it, if only the "Skip all damage" DCD saved me.

If other DCD work, however, and no other class has a problem then I'm all good with it.

Blurch
04.01.2016 , 08:58 PM | #37
Was only able to get to 3rd boss on my tank Trooper Vanguard, Shield Spec with a level 21 Companion. To many adds couldnít do the damage fast enough was able to kill boss but by that time had 10 mobs on me and healer couldnít keep up. His gear is 216/220 mix. Iím done not going to try dps. I know Iíll liquidate the 1st 3 with no problem on dps but the rest after that I know wonít be good. For those who completed it congrates.

Kaizersan
04.01.2016 , 09:08 PM | #38
Cleared it super easy all matches no deaths 1st try with my guardian tank and healer companion no scouting needed just used common sense wasn't even a fight where I had to really try.

DerSchneider
04.01.2016 , 09:11 PM | #39
Class: Rage jugg
Companion: affection 40 healer
Gear: 208 PVP gear (exemplar)

Died only twice:
on 6 (didn't figure it out, probably you should kill beasts first? But anyway, I killed them even enraged)
on 8 (derpy death, forgot to pull companion out of AoE).

Overall very easy, first 5 rounds I completed WITHOUT using def cooldowns at all and rage spec doesn't even have passive mitigation like vengeance.
Most mechanic is still around "don't stand in AoE" and "kill adds".

Also: some gear sets have wrong names (like warrior set is called boltblaster)
Nightrain Juggernaut

Blurch
04.01.2016 , 09:20 PM | #40
Besides of not being able to complete it the mechanics are fine but the rewords really need to be improved. Like the idea that its gives us another opportunity for another weekly that gives us blue and purple crystals forgot name all I know green are used for companion gifts now .