Lord Scourge needs to be a love interest.

MePillar

Besides the aforementioned lack of emotions, Scourge is also a really, really bad person. He's probably one of the most despicable, morally repugnant characters to be a companion. If you like him as a person, then he's done a -really- good job at deceiving you. And he even admits he's not even trying that hard. :rolleyes:

Besides the aforementioned lack of emotions, Scourge is also a really, really bad person. He's probably one of the most despicable, morally repugnant characters to be a companion. If you like him as a person, then he's done a -really- good job at deceiving you. And he even admits he's not even trying that hard. :rolleyes:

I don't think he's morally repugnant, he helped the Jedi escape in order to save trillions of lives across the galaxy, because he knew what the Emperor was up to. Just because he betrayed St. Revan doesn't make him a bad person...he just saw that Revan would fail anyway.

Lol I had this discussion last night in another topic, apparently it's a heated subject.

The way I've seen it from the moment I met Lord Scourge (and read his entire wiki page) is that.. yes he's Sith. He's amassed centuries of victims, he served the Emperor loyally during his time as Wrath and yes he betrayed Revan. His betrayal may even from a certain perspective be considered self-serving but there's also a turn side to all of that. He and Revan manipulated each other equally as their friendship built up. He had every genuine intention of helping Revan and the Exile defeat the Emperor, right up until the very last minute. Until the moment in which Revan was close to being killed and they'd been defeated themselves. Scourge had his vision of the JK and even Revan himself had stated prior that even if they failed, he believed the Force would sent forth another to defeat the Emperor so in that moment, yes he betrayed his friend. He could have chosen to die with them but instead he made sure he'd be around if this mystery Jedi ever appeared. He pledged his loyalty to the Emperor and essentially lost his 'life' by becoming an immortal, simply going through the motions for the 3 centuries driven by one simple vision that might not even come to pass. Then once it did and he was convinced of the JK, he left everything he'd ever known behind and joined at the JK's side to prevent a terror upon the galaxy and essentially helping save more lives than anyone else likely ever had up until that moment.

He's a unique character and the reasons behind his actions, the possible selfish motivation, doesn't diminish the results. He's a Pureblood Sith bad *** who went through great extremes to ensure the safety of the galaxy. I'm sorry but that's a rare story and each of those things make him extremely likeable and appealing in my eyes.

As for the whole "He has no emotions, he can't love jadiejadieja".. right now no he cannot but that doesn't mean he never will. That power lies with BW and they have plenty of creative opportunities to change that if they so wish. There's plenty of potential and appeal for it and as far as I'm concerned, his life story is one of the most potent ones in game and really sets him up to be an epic love interest.

And I know I'm off on a tangent, again, I'm just getting tired of the ignorant "Zomgosh he betrayed Revan, what a moronic and horrible character!!"

I don't think he's morally repugnant, he helped the Jedi escape in order to save trillions of lives across the galaxy, because he knew what the Emperor was up to. Just because he betrayed St. Revan doesn't make him a bad person...he just saw that Revan would fail anyway.

Look, I don't care much for the Revan fanboys, because Revan is as nearly genocidal as Vitiate.

But the centuries of being SITH, acting as a glorified executioner for the Emperor, having a noted knack for interrogation and torture, actively used a woman's feelings for her partner in order to kill her partner, and his first reaction to Revan as a prisoner? Bleed him for information.

In the Hero of Tython's time as prisoner, Scourge offered no aid until it was time to escape. When prompted as to why he would help, Scourge remains as selfishly inclined as he had been 300 years prior. Even during the assault on Dromund Kaas, he's too much of a coward to face the Emperor directly, leaving the Knight to bring T7.

So overall, he's an awful person, who's more then willing to maliciously manipulate others to further his own goals. Did he help the galaxy to live another year? Yes, but saving the world doesn't suddenly wipe you clean of crimes. I guess there's the foolish belief of, "But my love can -change- him!", yet for the life of me, I cannot see why anyone would bother.

Look, I don't care much for the Revan fanboys, because Revan is as nearly genocidal as Vitiate.

But the centuries of being SITH, acting as a glorified executioner for the Emperor, having a noted knack for interrogation and torture, actively used a woman's feelings for her partner in order to kill her partner, and his first reaction to Revan as a prisoner? Bleed him for information.

In the Hero of Tython's time as prisoner, Scourge offered no aid until it was time to escape. When prompted as to why he would help, Scourge remains as selfishly inclined as he had been 300 years prior. Even during the assault on Dromund Kaas, he's too much of a coward to face the Emperor directly, leaving the Knight to bring T7.

So overall, he's an awful person, who's more then willing to maliciously manipulate others to further his own goals. Did he help the galaxy to live another year? Yes, but saving the world doesn't suddenly wipe you clean of crimes. I guess there's the foolish belief of, "But my love can -change- him!", yet for the life of me, I cannot see why anyone would bother.

I've been married to the same person for over 26 years, so I know that 'my love' won't change anybody lol. But I accept who Scourge is, and while I don't disagree that he's done some terrible things over the centuries, he does have a certain charm, and I would totally enjoy having him as a love interest because this is all pretend. And I do believe the reason T7 accompanied JK to confront the Emperor, was because as a droid he couldn't be used against the JK as easily as another person...not that it mattered when I did it, T7 got trashed pretty quick lol.

I guess there's the foolish belief of, "But my love can -change- him!", yet for the life of me, I cannot see why anyone would bother.

The hope or belief that your love for him, or his for you, will change who he is is a disastrous one. A relationship built on that would never last because inherently, he is who he is. I'm well aware that a guy like Scourge, if he ever became a LI, would never come home to bring me a litter of puppies, a bouquet of roses and a box of chocolate before we sit down by the fireplace and watch The Sound of Music with our own 7 kids. He'd sooner come home and throw Saresh's cut off head on the table. I'm cool with that.

But like Luna said this is a fantasy fictional world type thing, it's essentially limitless so why not have some fun with the idea?

As long as it's acknowledged he's an awful person, I guess I can't really deny the wish that he be made an LI. No matter my opinion, others are allowed to voice theirs as well.

It's unlikely he'll be one, but that's your disappointment to live with. Have fun! :)

I couldn't agree more. He's just a super hunk, but more than that he has a distinguished, educated, sophisticated air about him and since every other Darth and Moff and Lord can be sent back to the Jedi Council for rehab, why can't there be some way - even if it takes several chapters - to bring Scourge around? What about the ideas I've seen brought forward for an epic quest line to obtain a crystal that will absorb his immortality and leave him as he was before the Emperor's ugly gift? I've really struggled with how to play the Knight. Do I continue to make decisions of which he approves, thus confirming to him that his own opinions are valid? Or does she follow the "strict Lightside" path, most often gaining his disapproval, but in the hopes that somehow it will influence his perspective? He does have a comment something like "I follow you because of what you do, not what you say." Is this a glimmer of hope that some day he might give her a little hug just to see if he can feel anything or not?

My Scourge is gorgeous. I've got him with the face that has no tentacles , customization #1. He's wearing the Dashing Hero Armor Set so his chest is bare but his gear is still very "heavy armor" looking. That chest piece includes a hood - very Jedi/Sith. If his eyes are a bother he wears the Prototype Venerable Vindicator's Headgear which is kind of like a small goggle, still very masculine. He's just gorgeous and I'm afraid all the other companions to this Knight are just in permanent retirement - even Doc who she married....big mistake when her heart belongs to the Sith Lord.

In the conversation where he offers to train her children if they are force sensitive. I'd like a response option where she tells him "If I am to abandon the Jedi Code and have children of my body, then they should be of yours, too." THAT will give him something to think about!

BIOWARE!! Please heed our pleas! Yes, he has a specific history. Yes, he's been there and done that, but how about a little chat with him and his female knight where she asks him to just be her friend and hold her? It might be a good ice breaker! ;)

P.S. And could you also put a divorce lawyer in the game? :)

Edited by Anngwyn

I couldn't agree more. He's just a super hunk, but more than that he has a distinguished, educated, sophisticated air about him and since every other Darth and Moff and Lord can be sent back to the Jedi Council for rehab, why can't there be some way - even if it takes several chapters - to bring Scourge around? What about the ideas I've seen brought forward for an epic quest line to obtain a crystal that will absorb his immortality and leave him as he was before the Emperor's ugly gift? I've really struggled with how to play the Knight. Do I continue to make decisions of which he approves, thus confirming to him that his own opinions are valid? Or does she follow the "strict Lightside" path, most often gaining his disapproval, but in the hopes that somehow it will influence his perspective? He does have a comment something like "I follow you because of what you do, not what you say." Is this a glimmer of hope that some day he might give her a little hug just to see if he can feel anything or not?

My Scourge is gorgeous. I've got him with the face that has no tentacles , customization #1. He's wearing the Dashing Hero Armor Set so his chest is bare but his gear is still very "heavy armor" looking. That chest piece includes a hood - very Jedi/Sith. If his eyes are a bother he wears the Prototype Venerable Vindicator's Headgear which is kind of like a small goggle, still very masculine. He's just gorgeous and I'm afraid all the other companions to this Knight are just in permanent retirement - even Doc who she married....big mistake when her heart belongs to the Sith Lord.

In the conversation where he offers to train her children if they are force sensitive. I'd like a response option where she tells him "If I am to abandon the Jedi Code and have children of my body, then they should be of yours, too." THAT will give him something to think about!

BIOWARE!! Please heed our pleas! Yes, he has a specific history. Yes, he's been there and done that, but how about a little chat with him and his female knight where she asks him to just be her friend and hold her? It might be a good ice breaker! ;)

P.S. And could you also put a divorce lawyer in the game? :)

I like the way you think. :D Especially that line about the 'children of my body being his too'. That made my day. Now it's Bioware's turn. Make our day! *pickets to romance Lord Scourge* :o:p

Love this, like Luna said! Nice thinking overall, so approve. :)

He's a unique character and the reasons behind his actions, the possible selfish motivation, doesn't diminish the results. He's a Pureblood Sith bad *** who went through great extremes to ensure the safety of the galaxy. I'm sorry but that's a rare story and each of those things make him extremely likeable and appealing in my eyes.

As for the whole "He has no emotions, he can't love jadiejadieja".. right now no he cannot but that doesn't mean he never will. That power lies with BW and they have plenty of creative opportunities to change that if they so wish. There's plenty of potential and appeal for it and as far as I'm concerned, his life story is one of the most potent ones in game and really sets him up to be an epic love interest.

She hits the nail on the head here. It IS a rare story. Compared to the shallow, narcissistic Doc and a dozen other companions to the various classes, Scourge is deep water, compelling, complex. Even if you haven't read SWTOR: Revan (the book) Scourge's appearance and companionship to the Knight, inside the game, is sufficient reason to see that he is led by his own conscience, Sith upbringing notwithstanding, to do what is right. He strongly desires to see the Emperor dead - a far more Jedi desire than a Sith one! - and is willing to live in his hellish state to wait for the face who will bring this about. Then he trusts her to go in there without him and do the job. This is hardly reprehensible behavior. In "Revan" he questions constantly and I see that as Bioware's key to open a door between our Lady Knights and Lord Scourge.

Why do people cling to nonsense like this? They are not going to fire up romances with formerly non-romanceable companions. As well as for Wookiee as a player race. I have not taken a male Agent through KotFE, but is it even possible to continue romancing Kaliyo in KotFE?

Why do people cling to nonsense like this? They are not going to fire up romances with formerly non-romanceable companions. As well as for Wookiee as a player race. I have not taken a male Agent through KotFE, but is it even possible to continue romancing Kaliyo in KotFE?

Yes it is.

Meh. I prefer Doc. Sure, Doc is a man'ho, but he has a certain charm to him. I just don't get the love for Scourge. Shoot, I wish I could post my friend's fic she wrote about the female knight dumping Doc to get with Scourge but Scourge just leaves and Doc does too. It'd be perfect here.

Anyway, I believe Tharan Cedrax would be a love interest way before Scourge ever would be. Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if Scourge did what Vik did and just doesn't come back in KotFE. Truth be told, he really has no reason to return. Sure Vitiate is out there as Valkorian, but overall, I don't see a reason why he'd stick with the Knight.

I like Scourge as a companion, but love interest....no.

But that's my opinion.

Its amazing how everyone can all agree that Scourge is just so misunderstood and while he's done some horrible things he's just to hot and we need him as a romance. Yet when a Vaylin romance thread pops up suddenly its "Why would anyone want to romance her," "Vaylin is a massive *****" and so on. Edited by blendedseal

Its amazing how everyone can all agree that Scourge is just so misunderstood and while he's done some horrible things he's just to hot and we need him as a romance. Yet when a Vaylin romance thread pops up suddenly its "Why would anyone want to romance her," "Vaylin is a massive *****" and so on.

I don't think those two are quite the same. Whether people are willing to see and accept it or not, Lord Scourge has in fact done some sense of good. Vaylin however, what has she done other than cause ruin and death while prattling off some psychotic lines, half of which don't even make sense? That said, if you want Vaylin as a romance option, I won't stop it. I wouldn't be interested in her myself but I'm also not going to dictate what others should and shouldn't want/like based on my own opinion of a character.

I don't think those two are quite the same. Whether people are willing to see and accept it or not, Lord Scourge has in fact done some sense of good

I've never seen it. His motive for helping is to keep the Emperor from destroying the galaxy, which Scourge is part of. He is entirely motivated by self-interest.

And I am no more opposed to Scourge as a romance partner than you are to Valyn. But it's never going to happen any more than Wookiee as player race is.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I've never seen it. His motive for helping is to keep the Emperor from destroying the galaxy, which Scourge is part of. He is entirely motivated by self-interest.

That's one thing I've actually had my doubts about and perhaps I'm being silly but I've always wondered; should the Emperor indeed have destroyed most of the galaxy, would it have affected Scourge given his own immortality similar to the Emperors? Like, how much does that immortality protect him from and if the immortality would protect him from the Emperor's destruction then his deed to prevent it all in fact becomes an entirely selfless one. One could argue then he'd then not really have people to interact or work with but who cares about that when you're void of emotion and your basic senses anyhows?

Not fully arguing you, just something I've been wondering in general really.

I don't think Scourge is interested in anything like that, after all he's guaranteed to outlive you. He's also completely emotionless now and has no sense of well hardly anything

I think it's clear he's not interested in any kind of relationships, but it's cool he's willing to help your future children.

Edited by Newyankalt

That's one thing I've actually had my doubts about and perhaps I'm being silly but I've always wondered; should the Emperor indeed have destroyed most of the galaxy, would it have affected Scourge given his own immortality similar to the Emperors? Like, how much does that immortality protect him from and if the immortality would protect him from the Emperor's destruction then his deed to prevent it all in fact becomes an entirely selfless one. One could argue then he'd then not really have people to interact or work with but who cares about that when you're void of emotion and your basic senses anyhows?

What Scourge's motivations are is completely a matter of opinion. Perhaps you see some glimmer of kindness and compassion in him, I don't.

And how much fun would it be to be an immortal being in a galaxy possibly populated only by the Emperor and Scourge himself? I view him simply as wanting to stop the destruction of the galaxy he lives in. I get that some players want him as a romance interest. He's a "bad boy" and many people at least fantasize about "bad boys" (and "bad girls," thus partly explaining why DS Jaesa seems to be so popular). My position is that they are not going to to back and add a romance option for a character who was never romaceable in the first place.