Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cunning gear with shield rating?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Cunning gear with shield rating?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kaosbain
02.17.2012 , 07:14 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
There's some companions that may benefit from these items, but they're certainly not optimal for you personally.
Please check your facts before posting sir.
My trooper goes... Commando!

Hochachacha!!!

Baelish
02.18.2012 , 12:52 AM | #12
There's a whole load of lazy itemisations. Just look at the 'standard' way crafted items upgrade through re-engineering. Plenty of useless combinations there that could just have been pruned from the tree. I get that having fewer possibilities means that all useful ones will be collected earlier, but is that really outweighed by the sheer frustration of finding Cunning tanking modules?

Vehar
02.18.2012 , 01:02 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaosbain View Post
Please check your facts before posting sir.
Check the other posters first. But anyhow so far we have one companion that does.....maybe more coming that use that? Plan ahead? Who knows?
Squadron 11-11-11

"Never Forget"

Ironcleaver
02.18.2012 , 03:56 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by brandhund View Post
I'm encountering a chunk of cunning statted gear that also has shield rating around level 40-ish content. I'm at a loss. I don't think there's a cunning tank out there. None that I'm aware of, at least. Defense rating I can at least...sort of understand. But shield rating? You actually need shields to use that.

Any insight, fellow smugglers?
Ironically - I just REd a Implant to purple today and it added Shield to a cunning base seed implant. I thought for a moment then realized that no one on the republic side (at least) would want it, companion or not. Forever stuck in my book it is now though. :-/
╒═══╡My 3d Weapon Thread╞═══╛
"My eyes scream for the souls that bleed in my mind." ~ Ironcleaver

Kheldras
02.18.2012 , 05:12 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Ironcleaver View Post
Ironically - I just REd a Implant to purple today and it added Shield to a cunning base seed implant. I thought for a moment then realized that no one on the republic side (at least) would want it, companion or not. Forever stuck in my book it is now though. :-/
Build one and stick it in the Nar Shadda Auction house.. but wait, that would be aiding the enemy...
...and thats the way the flatcake crumbles.

Hurgis
02.18.2012 , 07:00 AM | #16
Isn't this pretty much like the End/Cun Assault Cannons out there...?

Darth_Eclipses
02.18.2012 , 09:28 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
There's some companions that may benefit from these items, but they're certainly not optimal for you personally.
The itemization in your game sucks.

Thanks.

redheadedtim
02.20.2012 , 07:46 AM | #18
I've heard mention of aim lightsabers. Pretty sure those would be useless. And I know personally I got 2 aim scatterguns. Useless. One was a security box loot and one was a lockbox loot from a weapons vendor. Pretty sure there are no aim main stat, scattergun using companions. Can anyone verify this? My theory is they randomized stats and naming for green loot drops and didn't bother to think about preventing useless combinations. Surely they didn't actually have someone manually "code" these items. I'd hate to think that someone got paid for coming up with decent star warsy names and then put these stat combos on the database items. Unless they needed a way to fill a day or two for an intern.

Tatumsa
02.20.2012 , 07:54 AM | #19
Yeah got some aim scatterguns. As an armstech I'm kinda glad you can't get anything from REing those lol.

Agemnon
02.20.2012 , 09:03 AM | #20
Do not want!