Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback on Dark Matter Catalyst

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Feedback on Dark Matter Catalyst

Jerba
03.22.2016 , 04:52 PM | #1
Looks like the Dark Matter Catalyst has been added to the Odessen vendor for 300 Radiant Data Crystals. This is a good change in my opinion. Right now, there is no way for players with 220+ gear to spend there Radiant Data Crystals on, except for selling 220 gear to the vendor, so I look forward to this. Obviously, this will crash the market of the Dark Matter Catalysts on the live servers but I think that's good; they are way too overpriced and it shouldn't cost millions of credits to craft 220 gear.

GrandLordMenace
03.23.2016 , 02:23 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
Looks like the Dark Matter Catalyst has been added to the Odessen vendor for 300 Radiant Data Crystals. This is a good change in my opinion. Right now, there is no way for players with 220+ gear to spend there Radiant Data Crystals on, except for selling 220 gear to the vendor, so I look forward to this. Obviously, this will crash the market of the Dark Matter Catalysts on the live servers but I think that's good; they are way too overpriced and gear it shouldn't cost millions of credits to craft 220 gear.
Don't think it'll crash the market. The exotic mat is still 100k on Ebon Hawk, going up from previous prices, this will temporarily kill pricing but long term it'll probably even out.
Rydarus Veneris the Revanchist, Beater #fedaracarrychist
Vigilance Guardian guide on Dulfy! Like my guide? Support my Referral Link!
Last Guardian DPS because dead game

Jerba
03.23.2016 , 03:01 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandLordMenace View Post
Don't think it'll crash the market. The exotic mat is still 100k on Ebon Hawk, going up from previous prices, this will temporarily kill pricing but long term it'll probably even out.
Yeah, I'm surprised that the price of the blue mats is still that high, or that it would increase at all. It would be nice if the DMC prices stayed high, then we could make tons off credits of of the purple data crystals but I somehow doubt it. Sooner or later, the demand for crafting mats must go down once everyone is equipped, right?

LordTurin
03.25.2016 , 10:45 AM | #4
The price will probably drop a lot the first couple days, but after that it'll even out as it does take a long time to get 300 radiant crystals, it's just a bunch of us have 6 or 8 toons maxed as as there's been nothing to spend it on. Still better roi for dmcs running ev and kp tbh.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

GrandLordMenace
03.25.2016 , 12:36 PM | #5
Yeah, I'm surprised that the price of the blue mats is still that high, or that it would increase at all. It would be nice if the DMC prices stayed high, then we could make tons off credits of of the purple data crystals but I somehow doubt it. Sooner or later, the demand for crafting mats must go down once everyone is equipped, right?
Also, it being from the KOTFE Gifts Vendor imposes a limit on the DMCs generated, albeit an easily bypassed one, it still exists since you can't get to odessen pre kotfe without summons or a QT.
Rydarus Veneris the Revanchist, Beater #fedaracarrychist
Vigilance Guardian guide on Dulfy! Like my guide? Support my Referral Link!
Last Guardian DPS because dead game

auroroavalor
03.26.2016 , 11:57 PM | #6
That vendor is far too valuable to be gated behind hours of story content, if the addition of DMC's to this vendor goes live, we'll need either a purchasable deco or the vendor to be added to fleet.
Auro
<Carried> I <It's Lit> I <Failure>
How to Sorc Master Blaster
Twitch Youtube

Exocor
03.27.2016 , 06:01 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by auroroavalor View Post
That vendor is far too valuable to be gated behind hours of story content, if the addition of DMC's to this vendor goes live, we'll need either a purchasable deco or the vendor to be added to fleet.
You can buy a priority transport for 200.000 credits. Thats 150 blue crystalls invested in exonium and selled at the GTN.
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

Caelrie
03.28.2016 , 10:07 AM | #8
Yeah, I'm surprised that the price of the blue mats is still that high:
It's almost completely dependent on people running HM flashpoints. If there aren't enough running them, the price stays high.

DayneDrak
03.29.2016 , 09:33 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
It's almost completely dependent on people running HM flashpoints. If there aren't enough running them, the price stays high.
Erm. No. They drop off every boss in story mode and can be bought for 25 blue crystals.

The reason they stay high is that it takes 6 to 8 to craft pretty good ears/implants/relics that are 216/220. The supply isn't particularly rare, but the demand is pretty high. Hence, the price rise.