Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there a difference in pvp, rp-pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Is there a difference in pvp, rp-pvp

bnzbacca
12.26.2011 , 12:51 PM | #1
I picked RP-PVP because a friend might play on jung ma later on. I found that acceptable because I assumed RP-PVP and PVP servers are the same except the RP element.

Am I wrong? Is there a difference? (specifically in terms of world pvp and flagging)

Mithros
12.26.2011 , 01:40 PM | #2
It's a PvP server and an RP server at the same time.

You are expected to RP (though RPing can be quite minimalist) while doing all of the normal PvP server things.

There are no mechanical differences. If you and some friends decided to just form an RP group on a regular PvP server it would be the same thing, only there would (or at least should) be less irrational hatred on the part of the other players that are not choosing to RP.

Because, you know, playing a Star Wars game is how some cultures accept that a boy has become a man, and some street gangs even use it as a way to pass indoctrination. But if you RP, then you are just a nerd.
Free stuff (for you and me)! My referral link.

Beta Squadron 157. The pixel lives on in our hearts.

WhatNext
12.26.2011 , 03:14 PM | #3
If you choose not to RP, the ONLY difference between a PVP server and an RP-PVP server will be that if you name yourself something 'non-immersive' (I'm looking at you, xxsitherothxx) someone can report you and you might have to change your name. And realistically, if you pick anything even vaguely sci-fi or fantasy, you'll be fine.

PeepsMcJuggs
12.26.2011 , 03:25 PM | #4
I've yet to actually encounter anyone on the RP-PvP servers that RP. Honestly, the biggest difference you're going to find is a slightly more mature crowd. The RP is optional on RP servers. My Ajunta Pall guild, the Order of the Unifying Force, chose an RP-PvP server because it means people in the guild can play however the hell they want: RP, non-RP, PvP, PvE, hardcore, casual, etc, etc.
"Making the internet a happier place, one infraction at a time."

bnzbacca
12.26.2011 , 04:04 PM | #5
Thank god...

Thanks guys

I totally did not want to get stuck on a weak sauce server. I dont roleplay at all.