Show full text of conversation choices

VictorMike

I am not sure if this feature has been suggested here before, so I thought I would create a thread for it. If anyone knows about a thread like this, please point it out here.

For cinematic conversations, I would like an option to show the full text, or at least the first sentence of the full text, of each response option when moving the mouse it on the response wheel. I mean this for the usual cinematic response options, and not for the new KOTFE conversations. Here is why.

I constantly run into the issue that the paraphrase on the conversation wheel is not in line with what the character is actually going to say, and in fact in some cases it is pretty far off. But even if the paraphrase is similar to what is said, it is nevertheless not able to reflect all the nuances in the response. Thus with certain crucial conversations I constantly keep hitting ESC and restart the conversation over and over again, simply because what my character said was nothing I intended to say, or just because one of the other options was better. In my opinion, this takes away from the otherwise good RPG experience that SWTOR is. I think it would be not complicated to give players the option to show at least a part of the full response rather than just a paraphrase that is too generalizing mostly and in some cases it is plainly inaccurate. The subtitles for the conversations are already part of the game, so all that's needed is to show those (or part of those) for each option before making the choice. After all, SWTOR is a role-playing game, so why not give players the option to have greater control over what their character is going to say.

I know that there are people who prefer the conversation style as it is right now. What I am suggesting would be an option that you can turn on/off, so those people would not be affected.

Readers of this thread, please let me know your opinion and/or give voice of your support. Perhaps BioWare will hear us :)

I very much support an option like this. It would definitely improve the RP experience and make conversations MUCH less frustrating. I've hit ESC way too many times for the same reason. Edited by Drenovade

Okay, I just have to share this funny YouTube video about this exact topic --

"Ever feel like the dialogue wheel doesn't accurately represent what your character ends up doing in Star Wars: The Old Republic? Gamer TerminalMontage knows just how you feel, and made this hilarious cartoon to show it. Special thanks to TerminalMontage for the video!"

Enjoy!

Personally, I like the very short snippets that don't junk up the screen, I just think some of them could have been phrased differently to more accurately represent the full dialog.

Edited by Xina_LA