Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No Lana Beniko Romance? Not a bug, you were just locked into a Valkorion romance!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
No Lana Beniko Romance? Not a bug, you were just locked into a Valkorion romance!

HansSolos
05.11.2016 , 05:32 PM | #11
It's not a bug you have to...as I just figured out...pick the flirt option in Chapter 9 when relaxing in the Cantina...a message will prompt during a private conversation with her that you are about to enter a romance with her if you accept then your relationship begins with her...most disappointing part of this however is that I did not pick this option on my main character as I didn't really understand what was going on and have now missed my chance to romance Lana on that character...I really hope Bioware fixes this and gives players who may have looked past this ambiguous situation another chance to enter a relationship with whichever character they want to in the game...

Diviciacus
05.11.2016 , 08:02 PM | #12
Wouldn't a Valkorion romance mean you're a narcissist? :P

OT: Lana bugged? Working as intended

If Bioware wants to make the focus in TOR story to the exclusion of everything else, that story should be godsdamned bug free.
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

Cambiata
06.03.2016 , 10:42 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by HansSolos View Post
It's not a bug you have to...as I just figured out...pick the flirt option in Chapter 9 when relaxing in the Cantina...a message will prompt during a private conversation with her that you are about to enter a romance with her if you accept then your relationship begins with her...
The bug is that the game doesn't give you the option to talk privately to Lana during that scene, even if you've flirted and kissed her in the previous content. Either it only gives you the option to go with anyone else you flirted with, or if you flirted with no one else then it gives you no option to romance anyone.
Sofia, Jedi Guardian in <Dominus Nihil>

Other toons:
Gone, Scoundrel - Ruthi, Sage - C÷mmander, Vanguard - Archiban, Gunslinger - Machoman, Sentinel - Friendlyfire, Sniper - Foot, Assasin - Punchie, Merc

Jedi Covenant

Yami_no_Kami
06.04.2016 , 01:36 AM | #14
I forgot where I read it, but the bug with the Romances is that with EVERY new chapter released, your Romance Flags are completely reset. Doesn't matter how much you've flirted, unless you've locked in the romance with your chosen partner in chapter 9, in which case your romance is saved. I know a few of my characters that I've started KotFE on haven't reached chapter 9, but are flirting with Lana non-stop. Those characters are now screwed come chapter 9, UNLESS you aren't there yet and somehow get lucky and have a FLIRT option pop up, you then TAKE IT. The bug corrects itself if you at least have one flirt flag with your chosen partner come the chapter 9 cantina scene. So long as you get there before the next chapter release. If not, you are out of luck.

So like another poster said, the best thing to do is play straight through to chapter 9 and lock your romance in. You can do other stuff too, like warzones, etc if you want while doing the story. Just lock your romance in BEFORE the next chapter comes out and you should be good.

One worry I do have is even if we do lock in a romance with Lana, etc, is that while locked in, are our flirts from then on erased with each chapter release too, leaving us with the stock romance that we got at chapter 9? If so, I wonder if we'll be locked out of a final romance scene if our romance flags aren't high enough come the end of Season 1. Here's hoping that is not the case, seeing as its not our fault we have to wait 1 month per chapter after the release of chapter 9, in which the bug has been present since chapter 10 was released.

SubstanceKaon
06.11.2016 , 12:27 AM | #15
I'm not sure if this is part of the bug or not, but I figured I'd add my two cents (and possible solution) to this Lana debacle.

I hadn't played my DS JC in months, so I'd completely forgotten whether I had actually chosen the flirt options with Lana, even though presently I like the idea of a romance with her. I got to the cantina scene of chapter 9 and had no option to (flirt) talk to anyone. So, I reset the chapter on a whim, and when Theron showed up, I took every flirt option with him that I could, just so I'd get the (flirt) talk option in the cantina, and hopefully the ability to romance Lana through that.

So I get to that cantina scene again, and this time I do get the (flirt) talk option. However, when I select it, I have the option to (flirt) talk with Theron, or just plain talk to Lana. A bit dejected, I figured I'd just talk to Lana and carry on with the story sans romance.

However, when I spoke with Lana privately, during the second set of dialogue, there was in fact a flirt option available that let me lock in the romance. I have no idea if this is a bug or due to a bug, or whether I just found a weird work around, but I'd love to know if flirting with Theron, selecting the (flirt) talk option in the cantina and selecting to simply talk to Lana enables anyone else to get the romance lock-in with her.

(As an aside, I also accepted Valkorian's power at every turn as far as I can recall, and lied to Lana about it).

lanawinst
06.11.2016 , 01:45 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Eanelinea View Post
I do have to ask the question. You guys unable to romance Lana, did you stop the story expansion at any time? Whether for real life crap, raids, doing other things, etc?

Thing I did, once you begin KotFE don't log out or leave or anything. You keep on going until you've finished chapter 9. If you don't have the time, don't touch that story until you can sit down and do nothing but chapters 1-9 until you get that cantina scene in chapter 9. Going to the bathroom is fine as long as you're back before the computer kicks you out of the game.

Try this IF this is the reason you're not able to romance Lana.

Take a toon who can do KOTFE, from chapter 1-9 and do not stop. Don't raid, don't cook, don't drop a duece, just keep on trucking until you've completed chapter 9 and locked that romance in. If you begin the story and then wait until the next patch, it might erase or reset things. If you begin the chapter and then leave to gtn, craft, whatever you do when you leave the continuous cutscene/story, you might be assed out.

See if this works if this is the reason.
What you're saying seems to be true.

I've flirted with Koth every time I could with my BH, and played up to the cantina scene. I got the flirting option, but got interrupted by real life, escaped the scene and logged off. Next day, I go back to my toon, start the cantina scene, and guess what? No flirt option available! Reseting did nothing... Granted it was not such a big deal since my BH was going back to Torian anyway, but still.

I've also played a SW who accepted Valkoryon's power and lied to Lana, but still could romance her without an issue. And I played him without any interruption from chapter 1 to 9.

Next time, I won't disconnect until I'm sure that my LI are locked in by the game.

ZanyaCross
06.11.2016 , 03:52 PM | #17
I never got the option to lock-in with my agent. Is Bioware going to do something about people who missed this chance? Maybe give players a second shot at locking in a romance?

SilentKitty
06.11.2016 , 04:15 PM | #18
Well.... This was a rather scary situation.

Great that you guys found a way to work around the bug by playing Chapters 1-9 in one go but that is a tall order for me. I can barely find time to do one Chapter. I will wait with starting KOTFE for my Lana-hopeful Sithy-kitty until Season 1 is finished. Only two chapters left. When they stop releasing new chapters perhaps then it is possible to do them in a less stressful manner.

Keeping all my fingers crossed!

YoshiRaphElan
06.11.2016 , 04:46 PM | #19
It's not necessarily in one go, though, is it? It's just that all 9 have to be completed before an update. If, for example, you can start Chapter 1 now and complete Chapter 9 before the new chapter update drops on June 28, you'll be fine. But if you stop Chapter 7 on June 27, and then continue Chapter 8 on June 28 after the maintenance, then the romance would be reset and you probably wouldn't get the romance scene in the cantina. If you complete Chapter 9 before June 28, when you get to the cantina you should have the romance. But if you don't think you can do it before then, you should wait until after the June 28 maintenance and start Chapter 1 after the maintenance, so you have the full time between that update and the next to complete. Am I right on this? I think that's what I've heard.

leviathanmirror
06.11.2016 , 06:11 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Am I right on this? I think that's what I've heard.
You are correct. Patches are resetting the flags if you haven't locked in the romance before the next update. You should have ~30 days between patches to get the first nine chapters done and the romance locked in before there's an issue.