Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No Lana Beniko Romance? Not a bug, you were just locked into a Valkorion romance!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
No Lana Beniko Romance? Not a bug, you were just locked into a Valkorion romance!

matthobbit
03.15.2016 , 07:29 PM | #1
TLDR: Couldn't get the Lana Beniko romance lock-in? It's because you unwittingly romanced Valkorion.

Spoiler

CloudCastle
03.15.2016 , 07:52 PM | #2
The Lana romance is bugged. My agent took Valkorion's power every chance he got and was still able to lock in Lana's romance at the end of Chapter 9. I still have the message that I am in a romance with her on her character screen as well. I did this in the days right after 4.0 dropped however. Something has changed since then for users now going through KOTFE.

cool-dude
03.15.2016 , 11:36 PM | #3
Man, would I love to romance Valkorian/Vitiate though.

I play a female Sith Warrior who had a childhood crush on the Emperor growing up, and dreamed about personally serving him and learning from him. I would love for my character to be able to express romantic feelings towards the Emperor. To her, Vitiate/valkorian is the sexiest Sith to exist.
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"

kladza
03.16.2016 , 02:01 AM | #4
Wrong. I accepted Valkorions power on my inqusitor every chance I got and I still had the flirt option in the cantina and I locked in the romance with Lana. The only difference was the scene in chapter 8 when she comes to rescue me from Arcann, if you dont use Valkorions power you get a kiss, if you do she says ,,What have you become". But other than that no change. You can still lock in the romance with her if you accept Valkorions power, but I noticed there might be a problem for locking in the romance with her if your influence with her is low and you also flirted with Koth and Theron
get free subscription and other unique rewards: http://www.swtor.com/r/xy5qnv

BlueShiftRecall
03.16.2016 , 02:32 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
I did this in the days right after 4.0 dropped however. Something has changed since then for users now going through KOTFE.
I did my Lana romance (DS JC) at that same time and I had flirted with Lana during SoR, I bowed to Valkorian, I lied to her about him being in my head, took every flirt during KOTFE scenes and I took every option to use his power and was able to initiate the romance in the Cantina scene and officially cheat on Nadia. Like I said early though this was way back when KOTFE first dropped and I haven't done any more Lana romance since to be able to comment on if this has changed more recently (which is appears to have).
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) and More Miraluka Masks

IamAoP
04.09.2016 , 08:24 AM | #6
I played KOTFE with 8 characters and always romanced Lana without any problems, even despite of any occasional flirting with Koth or Theron to padd approval rating. After several weeks of not playing a new character in SWTOR, I went into KOTFE with one this week and end up in the cantina scene where the Flirt dialogue option forces Theron. Didn't think about it up until this point but in chapter 8 it was Koth who came to rescue me, when in all my previous playthroughs it had been Lana so I guess the lockout occurred even before that.

I did
* tell Lana about Valkorion living in my head in the swamp
* always reject Valkorion's power when offered
* flirt with Lana when possible

Is there finally a bug confirmation for this? As said, I went through this process multiple times before and always got the same result - except for this time. I simply can not imagine where I could have messed this up.

Eanelinea
04.09.2016 , 09:48 AM | #7
I do have to ask the question. You guys unable to romance Lana, did you stop the story expansion at any time? Whether for real life crap, raids, doing other things, etc?

Thing I did, once you begin KotFE don't log out or leave or anything. You keep on going until you've finished chapter 9. If you don't have the time, don't touch that story until you can sit down and do nothing but chapters 1-9 until you get that cantina scene in chapter 9. Going to the bathroom is fine as long as you're back before the computer kicks you out of the game.

Try this IF this is the reason you're not able to romance Lana.

Take a toon who can do KOTFE, from chapter 1-9 and do not stop. Don't raid, don't cook, don't drop a duece, just keep on trucking until you've completed chapter 9 and locked that romance in. If you begin the story and then wait until the next patch, it might erase or reset things. If you begin the chapter and then leave to gtn, craft, whatever you do when you leave the continuous cutscene/story, you might be assed out.

See if this works if this is the reason.
Bioware, please remember our companion spouses when doing new expansions. I want scenes, letters, or something from them, saying they're worried!

Click my referral link to get free rewards.

Aeristash
04.09.2016 , 09:55 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by kladza View Post
Wrong. I accepted Valkorions power on my inqusitor every chance I got and I still had the flirt option in the cantina and I locked in the romance with Lana. The only difference was the scene in chapter 8 when she comes to rescue me from Arcann, if you dont use Valkorions power you get a kiss, if you do she says ,,What have you become". But other than that no change. You can still lock in the romance with her if you accept Valkorions power, but I noticed there might be a problem for locking in the romance with her if your influence with her is low and you also flirted with Koth and Theron
You got a kiss? I didn't. I'll have to do another run through.

LordXantor
04.09.2016 , 04:29 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeristash View Post
You got a kiss? I didn't. I'll have to do another run through.
i get kiss too u know u're dying ^^ and 1st time when valkurion offered power that when lana loosing fight i accepted

SithKoriandr
04.09.2016 , 11:18 PM | #10
Just because she's dark side, doesn't mean she can't think you're dumb for using Valk's powers.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry