Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Vader a sith?

bdiddyrocker
12.26.2011 , 12:36 PM | #1
I have always been curious about this. Anakin was a boy who grew up to learn the ways of the jedi. Anakin became a jedi and then betrayed the republic for the empire. His master became Darth Sidious who was a Sith. If Anakin who is Darth Vader was taught by darth Sidious the ways of the Empire..that would make Vader a Sith right? Well then why cant he shoot lightning out of his hands? I would think that would be the first things Darth Sidious would teach his apprintcie since that is the main thing he does. I know darth Vader can force choke which is also a Sith thing, bt why cant he shoot lightning?

kenoten
12.26.2011 , 12:39 PM | #2
Not all sith can force choke. It requires very precise force control to not just break someones neck.

Its no different than real life. Some actors can sing, some can dance, some can do both, and some cant do either.

Wolfninjajedi
12.26.2011 , 12:40 PM | #3
Being able to use lighting, doesn't make you or not make you a sith. Reason why Vader can't is because if he tried he would have fried his life support suit and killed himself. He is a sith lord, so he can't use lighting who cares? Force lighting DOESN'T determine wiether someone is a sith lord or not.

Infact Sidious was suppose to be the ONLY force user ever able to use lighting.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Amaste
12.26.2011 , 12:41 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by bdiddyrocker View Post
I have always been curious about this. Anakin was a boy who grew up to learn the ways of the jedi. Anakin became a jedi and then betrayed the republic for the empire. His master became Darth Sidious who was a Sith. If Anakin who is Darth Vader was taught by darth Sidious the ways of the Empire..that would make Vader a Sith right? Well then why cant he shoot lightning out of his hands? I would think that would be the first things Darth Sidious would teach his apprintcie since that is the main thing he does. I know darth Vader can force choke which is also a Sith thing, bt why cant he shoot lightning?
Vader is also totally encased in a mechanical life support suit <_< He would have no incentive to generate an ability that could be reflected back on him and in all likelihood kill him from mechanical failure.
Leguim Afinrah

The Harbringer, The Dück Legacy

KaliamDenstro
12.26.2011 , 02:53 PM | #5
Vader was a Sith. The reason he was unable to use Force Lightning was that his body had been partially replaced by mechanical prosthetics, hindering his ability to access the Force, especially for high-level techniques such as Force Lightning.
Through cunning, speed, and wisdom, I will find you. And when I find you, I will tell you my name, before death creeps upon you. "I am Kaliam Denstro. Son of Borin Denstro. First Imperial Agent deployed into Korriban. And I will, have. My. Revenge."
Help raise my dragons! <- Click plz

bdiddyrocker
12.26.2011 , 07:00 PM | #6
ph ya i totally forgot about that lol i guess that would be why

dutrup
12.26.2011 , 07:08 PM | #7
James Luceno actually explains it in the book Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, which is an excellent novel. Check it out

Timotheous
12.26.2011 , 07:12 PM | #8
He lost both hands so he didnt have hands to shoot the lighting out of. Thats how its explained in the books.

DarthEshla
12.26.2011 , 07:12 PM | #9
Vader is still a sith but the force is very much a living thing. When he became "more machine than man" he lost some connection with the force.

Erroneously
12.29.2011 , 01:14 AM | #10
Against Count Dooku and Darth Sidious in the movies, Yoda returns force lightning back to the casters, and Yoda happens to be a Jedi, soo.... =/