Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Game has died, Nowhere to go

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game has died, Nowhere to go

ChicksDigHarleys's Avatar


ChicksDigHarleys
03.10.2016 , 02:31 PM | #21
13 people at the Imp fleet on Jung Ma right now, and at least 1 of them is a spambot. Talk about dead...
You are playing a frickin video game.
You are not hardcore by any reasonable definition.

DenariusJay's Avatar


DenariusJay
03.10.2016 , 02:42 PM | #22
lol - New war zone won't bring back that many players. Specially with Sorc's running amock and just being overly OP, it will just refresh to those returning players minds why they left the PvP in this game in the first place.

Nerf sorc
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington

MotorCityMan's Avatar


MotorCityMan
03.10.2016 , 02:43 PM | #23
Sorry for the death.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
03.10.2016 , 03:00 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DenariusJay View Post
lol - New war zone won't bring back that many players. Specially with Sorc's running amock and just being overly OP, it will just refresh to those returning players minds why they left the PvP in this game in the first place.

Nerf sorc
Absolutely true DJ!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Djiini's Avatar


Djiini
03.10.2016 , 03:04 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Absolutely true DJ!
I saw this without seeing the name of the person you were quoting and got confused for a minute. Totally wrecked my train of thought while I was coming in here to be like 'yeah this game is totally dying just like the last eight years people said it was' yada yada.

Max_Killjoy's Avatar


Max_Killjoy
03.10.2016 , 03:11 PM | #26
The problem with PvP balance is that things that can make a class "OP" in PvP can have little effect on PvE balance... and yet the nerf to said thing can have a serious effect on the PvE play of that same class.

( Never mind how much of the PvP balance commentary amounts to "Dear devs, nerf scissors, rock is fine -- signed, paper." )

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
03.10.2016 , 03:19 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
The problem with PvP balance is that things that can make a class "OP" in PvP can have little effect on PvE balance... and yet the nerf to said thing can have a serious effect on the PvE play of that same class.

( Never mind how much of the PvP balance commentary amounts to "Dear devs, nerf scissors, rock is fine -- signed, paper." )
Regardless, balance needs to be fixed. I seriously do not care if it greatly impacts PvE Max...it's THAT bad in PvP right now. Drastic measures are needed and I'd go a year without PvE balance to finally get some in PvP...

However...I don't want it to impact PvE...that's not my goal either. With that in mind...there is a VERY VERY easy "fix" that only impacts PvP...adjust Expertise stats. Nothing more. Adjust them class by class. Very simple, no impact at all on PvE.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

peter_plankskull's Avatar


peter_plankskull
03.10.2016 , 03:27 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
However...I don't want it to impact PvE...that's not my goal either. With that in mind...there is a VERY VERY easy "fix" that only impacts PvP...get rid of the Expertise stats. Nothing more. Adjust them class by class. Very simple, no impact at all on PvE.
Fixed.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
03.10.2016 , 03:30 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by peter_plankskull View Post
Fixed.
I have lobbied for that since launch...I HATE Expertise.

This is the ONE situation where I can see it being useful though.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)