Versatile support class

DVongola

I'm looking for a class that can actively support groups and not just dps. I only have experience with a jedi guardian and a sith assassin. I love my sin, being able to support the group in many ways, great tanking, bit of dps, and other really fun things like force push and enemy force pull. It really makes the character unique, versatile and can really affect some situations.

I'm interested to see if there are other classes that can make big impacts like this and not just pure dps. I understand that the sorcerer has an ally pull and can bubble allies too but is that all? How about other classes?

Honestly every class has some utility they can provide if you know the class, either in form of cc, or other damage mitigation.

Pretty much this...

...but if you are bored with your sin and want to try something else, might I suggest madness sorcerer? It is a dps discipline, but as alot of your dps comes from your dots (damage over time) attacks he/she have the time to throw a heal or two if he/she wants....that is on top of having great long lasting CC.

...and as you said they can pull people which is always nice and funny to do:) (apart from the obvious use of pulling someone who is falling you can help these of us that can't jump:) )

Or you might want to give a marauder a go as they can give 10% defense ever 30 secs and have a blind if someone else is in trouble....and a great damage output ofcourse...tho I wouldn't call them a support character, but they are not just a dps machine (which sadly is how alot of people play them as....actually please create one just to have mrd that do something more than dps:) )....oh and I forgot that they have great CC which only works on droids...

...merceneries have instant cast heal that is good for when someone is dying and you heal them and make the healer's day (I hate when someone is dying and doesn't use DCD or medpak to give me the 0.5 sec my heal spell need to finish casting and save him/her...)

....or the repiblic equivalent, but they are pretty much the same classes:)

....or if you really want to support and do no/little damage you can go with healer discipline...

I'm looking for a class that can actively support groups and not just dps. I only have experience with a jedi guardian and a sith assassin. I love my sin, being able to support the group in many ways, great tanking, bit of dps, and other really fun things like force push and enemy force pull. It really makes the character unique, versatile and can really affect some situations.

I'm interested to see if there are other classes that can make big impacts like this and not just pure dps. I understand that the sorcerer has an ally pull and can bubble allies too but is that all? How about other classes?

Consider a gunslinger/sniper. You will have access to AoE 20% damage reduction shield, AoE accuracy debuff, AoE strike that will prevent node caps for decent time, spammable ranged heal debuff, multiple knockbacks, roots and CC.

The main drawback is a lack of healing, so it's tough to play solo against many dot specs.

Also I'd recommend to try a scoundrel/operative dps. You can delay node caps for very long time with saps and AoE mezz and you will have decent offhealing and AoE stealth.