Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collector's Edition In-Game Store

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Collector's Edition In-Game Store

POINGjam
12.13.2011 , 03:56 PM | #1
In the early access article, it says that players who buy the authenticator will have access to "a special in-game vendor who will offer you exclusive gear and items." Is this the same as the collector's edition in-game store? Does this mean that you can get the same items just from buying the authenticator that you can get from buying the collector's edition?

Blue_Leader
12.13.2011 , 04:01 PM | #2
That's a good question. By the way it's described it sounds like a different store-- at least on the page advertising the security key the store is called a "in-game security key vendor". The CE page called the store something else.
Of course, this could be referring to the same store, just different titles for it. It's hard to say.

The picture of the store also looks different, but again, who knows? I'd kind of like to know the answer to this as well.
--Smuggler at heart, scoundrel by nature--

-Dejulues Tze'Midak (Begeren Colony)
-Alaki Bui'loch (Begeren Colony)

DkayUK
12.13.2011 , 04:03 PM | #3
i hope its diff tbh coz thats a bit of a kick in the teech to ppl who bought the CE edition. if it is the same ill cancel my CE and just get the regular and save myself 80

Blue_Leader
12.13.2011 , 04:04 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DkayUK View Post
i hope its diff tbh coz thats a bit of a kick in the teech to ppl who bought the CE edition. if it is the same ill cancel my CE and just get the regular and save myself 80
I agree. I also hope that it's a different store. I'm kind of thinking that it is a different store, but I can't say for certain...
--Smuggler at heart, scoundrel by nature--

-Dejulues Tze'Midak (Begeren Colony)
-Alaki Bui'loch (Begeren Colony)

PowersMatt
12.13.2011 , 04:06 PM | #5
They're two different stores...unless they changed it from the beta

CE store's up in the VIP area of your respective sides Fleet Command station.
Sec Store is in the main section.
Dexan Shaw; A Smuggle a day keeps the creds flowing my wayl
"I have no love for the Republic. However, I can also imagine what the galaxy would be like under Imperial Rule"

Karl_Ancher
12.13.2011 , 04:06 PM | #6
If it's a different store, I hope the CE gives you access to it, since the CE comes with an Authenticator.
I am Scrooge McDuck, of the Clan McDuck! There can be only one!

I am confident of this ... I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord! Be strong and take heart, and wait for the Lord! Psalm 27:13-14

DkayUK
12.13.2011 , 04:08 PM | #7
phew thats good to know :P

POINGjam
12.13.2011 , 04:09 PM | #8
EDIT: Hey fun, someone answered the question while I was in the middle of typing this. So all's well.

They're advertising the CE store as "available only to purchasers of the Collector's Edition" on the pre-order page. It really is the only reason I pre-ordered the collector's edition, so I hope that's true.

On that note, I don't know what to do with the physical stuff that comes with the collector's edition. Maybe I'll bake it into a casserole.

amandakun
12.13.2011 , 04:10 PM | #9
They are different. Authenticator purchasers gain access to the auth store. CE purchasers are the ONLY people who will gain access to the CE store, as well as the authenticator store. Further more the CE store will be updated with new items as the game goes on so even a year or 3 from now you will still be able to buy new cool stuff from there as a CE holder.... giving the SWTOR CE version a LOT more 'throughput' than any of the WoW CE's which only give a one-time in game benefit (a non-combat pet.... not that great tbh).
Red or Blue... such a hard decision to make!

CE Pre-ordered and ready to rock!

Firedorn
12.13.2011 , 04:13 PM | #10
I had seen a store in Dromund Kaas that was only accessible if my account was protected with an authenticator (no mention about a CE). I'm assuming that's what they mean...
Wisdom spewed from the mouth of madness...
Firedorn (Officer) - Order of Laibach