Unable to talk to or find Aric Jorgan @ Vantage Point

Lil_Fusion

Hey everyone, I've been seeing this posted all over Zakuul gen chat and it has happend to myself. Once getting to the vantage point Aric Jorgan is no where to be found nor is your companion or can you summon him. I've tried resetting the phase, logging in and out. It doesn't help. Anyone have any ideas?

A potential fix that worked for me and others in the post:

Leave the instance you are in and reset the phase by clicking your portrait and then the quest from your mission log. Unfortunately you'll have to start over from the start of the story but Jorgan will no longer be naked and he will join you as a companion after the first part of the quest, thus allowing you to advance through the story.

If Aric appears naked and you're just reading this reset the mission entirely. I'm hearing that works too so you don't waste your time traveling across the swamps to have to start over.

Also if you're having problems resetting the quest outside of an instanced area try logging in and out, some have said that helps in other posts.

Edited by Lil_Fusion

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here, looks like nice bug. I am trooper and still see him in my Unavailable companions.

Edit: Reset quest worked for me, i have him now in my available companions.

Edited by ShawDou

Multiple reports on Red Eclipse general aswell, i also ran into the problem, tried the following:

exiting and resetting phase - nothing

Resetting quest - nothing

going to guild ship > exit to zakuul - nothing.

thanks for the naked cat-man though Bioware, it really helps to take your mind off the whole eternal championship bit.

Hey folks,

We are looking into why some players can't talk to Jorgan at Vantage Point. We will pass on information as we have it, thanks!

-eric

Eric having reset the quest from the start Aric appears now with clothing and also joins you as a companion.

• Dev Post
Update: resetting phase + resetting quest a second made Aric able to pop up again and be available at the vantage point, clothes included!

Correct. For some users, resetting the phase/Mission seems to address the lack of clothing and the Vantage Point issue.

-eric

Hey folks,

We are looking into why some players can't talk to Jorgan at Vantage Point. We will pass on information as we have it, thanks!

-eric

Hey, I've got an idea... instead of always 'looking into it' after the fact... why don't you guys actually try testing something before you launch it for once! HEY what a concept!

Seriously... you guys are always on top of the crap that you can milk us for, but for the parts of the game we look forward to, you tend to botch it up every single time.

Kinda makes you wonder why the hell you guys spend money on test servers if it doesn't every seem to pay off eh?

Then again, why we should expect something different after all these years of you guys doing the same retarded things over and over again...

Same here, is it just trooper affected because he's in our unavailable characters or is it all classes?

It's all classes I think. You need to reset the quest from the start after leaving the phase unfortunately annoying but it's worked for a bunch of people.

Correct. For some users, resetting the phase/Mission seems to address the lack of clothing and the Vantage Point issue.

-eric

However, upon being on "Evacuate Exile Homes" the 6th and final home does not add to the count, thus preventing further advancement of the quest.

Tried sofar:

Resetting phase - nada* worked second time?

Edit: second resetting oh phase worked.

Edited by Znozzy
fixed

is this a joke but a bad one

- the main character of the monthly content is "à poil" in the jungle and fighting in "air blastering" style

- the same Npc is nowhere to be found - not even naked taking a shower under the waterfall

all this in the first 5 mn of new content i had to pay for

Bioware's real lak of professionnalism

Hey, I've got an idea... instead of always 'looking into it' after the fact... why don't you guys actually try testing something before you launch it for once! HEY what a concept!

Seriously... you guys are always on top of the crap that you can milk us for, but for the parts of the game we look forward to, you tend to botch it up every single time.

Kinda makes you wonder why the hell you guys spend money on test servers if it doesn't every seem to pay off eh?

Then again, why we should expect something different after all these years of you guys doing the same retarded things over and over again...

when they do put thing on Pts they delayed to a month or more because it's crap -- Rip Broodwar

Had a naked Aric minus gun. Made my way to vantage point. No Aric, naked or otherwise. Travelled to my homestead, logged out. Relogged, went to try again. Get a message that I cannot continue because I need a companion who is currently unavailable. Go to Mission log, wont let me reset quest. Any suggestions ?

Had a naked Aric minus gun. Made my way to vantage point. No Aric, naked or otherwise. Travelled to my homestead, logged out. Relogged, went to try again. Get a message that I cannot continue because I need a companion who is currently unavailable. Go to Mission log, wont let me reset quest. Any suggestions ?

If you are still in the instance, you need to leave it and then it should light up to reset it.