Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing Nerf & Future Game Design

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Slicing Nerf & Future Game Design

Incorrupt
12.26.2011 , 04:00 PM | #21
Get some companion affection and you're slicing problems are solved.

Mccluggen
12.26.2011 , 04:10 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Drewser View Post
You should never have to run a moderate mission once you get a full set of missions for level 2.
I am talking about lvl 400 with 4 companions going. You will occasionally be forced into a moderate mission to force another rich or bountiful mission to populate in its place. Otherwise you just have it taking up a spot in your mission queue.

Drewser
12.26.2011 , 04:14 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Mccluggen View Post
I am talking about lvl 400 with 4 companions going. You will occasionally be forced into a moderate mission to force another rich or bountiful mission to populate in its place. Otherwise you just have it taking up a spot in your mission queue.
I am not up to 4 yet but at 3 I never run a moderate and rarely have to run an abundant.

Do you understand the most profitable missions when factoring in time are actually in the level 25-32 range?

Mccluggen
12.26.2011 , 04:27 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Drewser View Post
I am not up to 4 yet but at 3 I never run a moderate and rarely have to run an abundant.

Do you understand the most profitable missions when factoring in time are actually in the level 25-32 range?
I'd like to see a spreadsheet that lays out the best time = money returns. However, my experience suggests that tiers 3-5 are the best to continue to run when factoring in the non-lockbox extras that come back like missions and cybertech schematics. Even so I often run out of rich missions for tiers 3-5 with four companions running and am forced to run other less desirable missions, especially factoring in the time reductions I am seeing by mixing in companions with a high rate of affection and the droid or newer companions.

Mrshush
12.26.2011 , 04:28 PM | #25
ppl felt silcing needed a nerf for more then 6months in beta they nerfed it a little in last two phases but ppl still make easy money off it.

Drewser
12.26.2011 , 04:30 PM | #26
I'd like to see a spreadsheet that lays out the best time = money returns. However, my experience suggests that tiers 3-5 are the best to continue to run when factoring in the non-lockbox extras that come back like missions and cybertech schematics. Even so I often run out of rich missions for tiers 3-5 with four companions running and am forced to run other less desirable missions, especially factoring in the time reductions I am seeing by mixing in companions with a high rate of affection and the droid or newer companions.
The three best missions in terms for creds per minute are all 25-32 level.

DustomaticGXC
12.26.2011 , 05:11 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by RadjezZ View Post
Since i got kinda curious about slicing i dropped a gathering skill and took slicing.

This are the results.

I had armstech, scavenging and investigation.

for example, i made 20k a day with that.

I dropped investigation and even though i have to buy the stuff i normally got with investigation i now make 40k a day.

So u people can make up the rest and draw conclusions.
Anybody who draws a conclusion about anything based on unsubstantiated numbers from one person on the forums needs to be slapped.
Don't act like you didn't see this coming.

DustomaticGXC
12.26.2011 , 05:22 PM | #28
There is a spreadsheet floating around that has every mission listed with it's profit-per-minute numbers listed. And yes, the most profitable missions are in the third and fourth levels.
Don't act like you didn't see this coming.

Ultrazen
12.26.2011 , 05:30 PM | #29
/shrug, I make 5k a pop selling mods that take me a couple of minutes each to make. I make more with cy tech than I can by slicing alone.

I was happy that for once I wasn't playing an MMO that kept me in the poorhouse, I seriously hate that.

The easier fix for this, is to only allow players to run missions that are in the level range they fall into and lower. I.E. You can't run level 50 missions on a level 10 character. That's the real problem. The rewards are/were pretty balanced for the bracket you are suppose to be in. This also stops gold sellers from setting up armies of lowbie bots to farm slicing.

Mrshush
12.26.2011 , 07:10 PM | #30
its okay, armormechs and synthweaves will just be screwed while the slicers kill the econ.