Heroic Destroying the Starbase ?Exarch been beefed up?

Evening, Have the Exarch in these missions been strengthened?, a couple of weeks ago (working, due to the time it takes, been just getting the rest of the starbases ready to destroy) I did the Tatooine one and killed the Exarch on the 3rd or 4th go with companion 25 and 208 gear, today no matter what companion I use or tactics ( with 5 pieces of 216 gear now) over 20 attempts I was unable to kill the Voss exarch? I think once I got him down to 50%. I can not seem to keep him on me.. me and companion both were set as healers (on the tatooine attempt).

I`m a heal spec agent.

Was I just lucky on the first starbase?

Thanks, after wasting 4 hours its a bit galling just to give up :((

The Voss one got a healing ability that need to be interrupted if you're using a dps or tank companion and you're a healer. Otherwise the companion doesn't do enough sustained damage to kill it. From my test and parses in some of those fights, an influence 50 dps companion do about as much damage than a vanguard tank with bolster. At least, it was the case with Yunn and my VG tank.

Also, if the companion got aggro, it take a lot of damage since it won't step out of AoE.

Best combination that I've experienced is with a dps or tank character and a ranged healer companion. You can avoid taking damage a lot better than a companion by stepping out of the aoe and a range healer doesn't take as much aoe damage than a melee one.