Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Decoration Unlock System for Personal Strongholds (not just for guilds)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Decoration Unlock System for Personal Strongholds (not just for guilds)

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
02.29.2016 , 07:45 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Theeko View Post
Yeah those that say this are the ones that haven't really added much compared to the ones that really worked for it.
Excuse me? Because I think people should have some decorations that might be rare I haven't worked for the items that are rare? I think you may want to rethink your comment as it sounds like sour grapes when someone thinks other people should be able to get other items.

I am still decorating Yavin as I am being particular on the items I want for it as I want specific statutes that I am willing to work to get but that is because that is the type of person I am but not everyone is like me and I don't expect them to be.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Theeko's Avatar


Theeko
02.29.2016 , 08:03 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Excuse me? Because I think people should have some decorations that might be rare I haven't worked for the items that are rare? I think you may want to rethink your comment as it sounds like sour grapes when someone thinks other people should be able to get other items.

I am still decorating Yavin as I am being particular on the items I want for it as I want specific statutes that I am willing to work to get but that is because that is the type of person I am but not everyone is like me and I don't expect them to be.
All I'm saying people put alot more effort into obtaining decorations than others like myself. I have used multiple 30-50 decorations to the max which I could have sold for like 3-10m each now a days. That's what I meant about putting so much effort into it compared to others.

Also like I said before, Bioware will only do whatever nets them the most income and for someone to only want to add 1 of each decor then make unlimited copies for no where near the price of what others have put into it will not compare to anything what they have going on now.

Iryfindel's Avatar


Iryfindel
03.01.2016 , 09:06 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Theeko View Post
All I'm saying people put alot more effort into obtaining decorations than others like myself. I have used multiple 30-50 decorations to the max which I could have sold for like 3-10m each now a days. That's what I meant about putting so much effort into it compared to others.
No one in this thread is trying to downplay the effort people have put into obtaining all their decorations and decorating their SHs. However, that does not mean that everyone shares your belief that this effort is, first and foremost, why an unlock system as proposed in this thread is a bad idea.

Casirabit made the argument that, despite all her efforts and all her collected (rare) decorations, she would not mind such an unlock system because it would allow more people access to these decorations for their decorating purposes. Your reply, in which you accuse her of "those that say this are the ones that haven't really added much", is both rude as well as extremely judgmental. While it is obvious that you can not know how much effort she has put into her collection, this becomes irrelevant in light of that fact that you can not even expect everyone to share the same opinion you do.

Your response inadvertently claimes that everyone who has put in the effort to collect their decorations will be opposed to this suggestion. This is simply a short-sighted statement which automatically disregards everyone who does not conform to your opinion because, if they do not agree, obviously they are not in the same league as you are. While I am sure there will be people who agree with you, I am also sure that there will be people who disagree with you, some of whom will have put in just as much time and effort as you have. In fact I know a few those last people in-game myself.

You have made it clear you are against this idea, and I respect your opinion and can even understand your reasons for arguing to maintain decorations their exclusivity. All I ask if you, is that you treat another's opinion as I do yours, rather than blatantly dismissing them under the illusion of "obviously you have not put as much effort in as I have if you are of this opinion".

Theeko's Avatar


Theeko
03.01.2016 , 09:22 AM | #24
I wasn't disagreeing to the fact that decorations are nearly impossible to get now, but just to simply have them multiplied with no effort at all just like how you can donate them to the guild now seems way to greedy imo.

My thought was that they should just return the Grand packs atleast for each item section as they have before and do away with the chance cubes but then again in the end they will do whatever makes them the most $. That is why Dyes & Decorations were never added to the unlocks because they know people would pour credits into obtaining multiples of them.

SithEmpress's Avatar


SithEmpress
03.01.2016 , 11:07 PM | #25
I support this because many of the older items are often not even found on my server. With the new extra stronghold I would like to have some of these items to use but it won't happen. This force players to only use the most recent decorations or swap from older strongholds to new one. They could also do the same with cartel coin unlock system that we have for mounts/clothes etc. As the system is already created and all they have to do is add them to collections. That or start giving out item bundles like Jedi Bundle so we can get more of these items. I prefer the credit one to be honest.
If you are looking for refer a friend link, than I have one for you right
here Click Here. Hey well both get some shines!

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
03.02.2016 , 12:44 PM | #26
I think it is better that they keep on releasing new decorations then making old one very easy to get for credits.

Murder_Toys's Avatar


Murder_Toys
03.03.2016 , 07:10 AM | #27
100% want deco to be unlocked via cc if u have one copy of the item... prices are too hight and people are limited by credit income. I myself ( going to sound big headed now ...) have every deco in game ( rav boss deco still bugged now dropping) around 250k score.

I want people aka everyone to have the chance to have more decos now just people with allot of credits
MurderToys | Empire | MurderToy | Republic
Want free server transfer and 7 days extra sub
http://www.swtor.com/r/KYbFPT

Theeko's Avatar


Theeko
03.03.2016 , 07:28 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Murder_Toys View Post
100% want deco to be unlocked via cc if u have one copy of the item... prices are too hight and people are limited by credit income. I myself ( going to sound big headed now ...) have every deco in game ( rav boss deco still bugged now dropping) around 250k score.

I want people aka everyone to have the chance to have more decos now just people with allot of credits
Lots of people agree and disagree but only comes down to Bioware they could lose alot of subs either way, but as a very last resort to keeping beggers happy i'm sure they would do this

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
03.03.2016 , 07:39 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Theeko View Post
Lots of people agree and disagree but only comes down to Bioware they could lose alot of subs either way, but as a very last resort to keeping beggers happy i'm sure they would do this
I think that if they make decorations very easy to get like this, I am sure we will never see another stronghold again.

Perhaps when the game runs towards its end they will make decorations cheap like this but not before.

ChaosMageKing's Avatar


ChaosMageKing
03.05.2016 , 12:15 PM | #30
Perhaps we should have a slight modification to the proposed idea. Something that keeps the balance to a degree, but permits decos to be cloned for personal SHs.

For every deco that you have unlocked, you can clone it in one of two ways. Clone to guild, costs credits. Clone to self, costs one MK-3 Universal Prefab.

This is just a suggestion to try and keep both sides happy. And to make myself happy as well. As a crafter, I love anything that makes prefabs have some more value.
Give Yourself To Me, And I Will Make You Powerful Beyond All Imagining.