Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Decoration Unlock System for Personal Strongholds (not just for guilds)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Decoration Unlock System for Personal Strongholds (not just for guilds)

Theeko
02.27.2016 , 11:45 AM | #11
Then every stronghold will be basically the same at 1% of the work others had to go through, which I don't think alot will be happy with, tbh they already have done way to much anyway to allow us to donate the CM decor to the guild now, people used to drop tons of those into the Guildbank and now regretted it

Icestar
02.27.2016 , 06:34 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Iryfindel View Post
My suggestion would be to expand the unlock system that is currently in place for Guild Strongholds and Flagships to personal strongholds.
I do not agree with this and I will tell you why.

First the GTN market for decorations would crash, there would be no use to sell high valued decorations if they could be unlocked for a credit fee instead. It is very common to use more then one of the expensive decorations in a stronghold.

Second, they would sell much less decorations for cartel coins if the decorations could be bought with ingame credits.

Third, all players can do what we decoraters have done from the start. Begin with lesser decorations and change them to better ones along the way., They will increase the number of decorations we can have in 4.3 so there will be plenty of decorations to buy and decorate with (4.3 test server patchnotes).

StarChanneller
02.27.2016 , 10:26 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Theeko View Post
I disagree with many others in game, already ways to obtain them and if you don't like the prices just wait it out alot have already spent way to many multiple decors to use in there personal strongholds and also the time needed to obtain them like it always has been.

If they added a way to give collections to obtain them for free basically then that defeats the whole purpose of the strongholds rarity and diversity compared to others. Also it would be a P2w idea as well of how the Prestige is setup.

Why are there so many threads about only a few wanting bait and switch ideas anyway, there's ways to obtain them still if you don't have it so what just earn it like everyone else did.
I bought some of the first hypercrates, have some decorations that in this era are extremely rare and my ownership of which is an incredible achievement, and have bought multiple of plenty of these decorations. But I would GLADLY have all my decorations lose all their value and become absolutely WORTHLESS to make decorating more enjoyable for everyone and make decorations from older Cartel Packs easier to obtain.
Want to get some items? When you click someone's referral link, SWTOR gives you stuff! Below is my referral link, and yes, I do get stuff as well if you click it. It's mutually beneficial. At least I'm honest about my ulterior motive :3
http://www.swtor.com/r/5lNVP6

Theeko
02.27.2016 , 11:25 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by StarChanneller View Post
I bought some of the first hypercrates, have some decorations that in this era are extremely rare and my ownership of which is an incredible achievement, and have bought multiple of plenty of these decorations. But I would GLADLY have all my decorations lose all their value and become absolutely WORTHLESS to make decorating more enjoyable for everyone and make decorations from older Cartel Packs easier to obtain.
That's you, not other collectors though

Mubrak
02.28.2016 , 03:31 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Iryfindel View Post
To be quite frank I do not even care for it because, oftentimes, those strongholds with the highest prestige are not actually decorated, they are simply filled with high-prestige items.
There are no high-prestige items actually, every decoration grants the same amount of personal prestige: +100 on first unlock +2 on any further unlocks. A stronghold's prestige rating is just the personal prestige multiplied by the stronghold's completion percentage and x2 for subscribers.

The trophies from operation and flashpoint achievements alone will bring you to 100k prestige, the extra +2 for each unlock in the proposed unlock system won't matter much here.

The prestige number can only serve as a gauge of the stronghold's potential. A player with a 200k+ stronghold ought to own quite a few CM decorations on top of the gazillion of operation trophies and cheap vendor stuff, but he might concentrate on another stronghold, and the one you're about to visit could be just a trophy dump for conquest bonus.

A 100k+ stronghold may be the same owned by a F2P, or the conquest dump of a raider who has no interest in strongholds otherwise, or it could be the nicely and lavishly decorated SH of a player who doesn't do ops or fps and rather spends his time decorating the stronghold.

Time for a vote system.
Tune down reflections to pre 5.5 values!
Move inventory tabs back to the bottom!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

Icestar
02.28.2016 , 03:42 PM | #16
But I would GLADLY have all my decorations lose all their value and become absolutely WORTHLESS to make decorating more enjoyable for everyone and make decorations from older Cartel Packs easier to obtain.
While I do want everyone to enjoy decorating the strongholds I do not agree with that decorations should become worthless.

What is the joy of decorating a nice stronghold if basicly everyone has the same pool of decorations to choose from, without any effort? Chasing or saving up to a good decoration is a way of entertainment that would go away if everyone could simply click to get one for a few credits.

StarChanneller
02.29.2016 , 02:00 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
While I do want everyone to enjoy decorating the strongholds I do not agree with that decorations should become worthless.

What is the joy of decorating a nice stronghold if basicly everyone has the same pool of decorations to choose from, without any effort? Chasing or saving up to a good decoration is a way of entertainment that would go away if everyone could simply click to get one for a few credits.
What people should admire is the decorating skill of the owner, NOT the rarity of the decorations. My suggestion: Anything that makes the SWTOR economy less brutal and gives newer and more casual decorators a chance to go all out on their Strongholds. I am open to ANYTHING that properly accomplishes that goal. I don't care if it devalues some of my older decorations such as my Cyan Crystals or my commemorative statues or my old Banners. All I care about is decorators being able to enjoy the experience.
Want to get some items? When you click someone's referral link, SWTOR gives you stuff! Below is my referral link, and yes, I do get stuff as well if you click it. It's mutually beneficial. At least I'm honest about my ulterior motive :3
http://www.swtor.com/r/5lNVP6

Theeko
02.29.2016 , 03:49 PM | #18
What people should admire is the decorating skill of the owner, NOT the rarity of the decorations. My suggestion: Anything that makes the SWTOR economy less brutal and gives newer and more casual decorators a chance to go all out on their Strongholds. I am open to ANYTHING that properly accomplishes that goal. I don't care if it devalues some of my older decorations such as my Cyan Crystals or my commemorative statues or my old Banners. All I care about is decorators being able to enjoy the experience.
And for those that have used 10-50 of the rarest decors in game already?
IE: Underworld bars, Massive anti turrets, revan zealots / statues.

I'm sure everyone could agree if they would bring back the Grand Decor packs so that more decors could be flowing on the market alot more than as of now. But in the end Bioware does whatever makes them the most $ in the end, and adding decors + dyes to the unlocks is sure not one of them.

casirabit
02.29.2016 , 05:53 PM | #19
This and I have some rare decorations but would not mind as well if people were able to decorate and enjoy it.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Theeko
02.29.2016 , 06:32 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
This and I have some rare decorations but would not mind as well if people were able to decorate and enjoy it.
Yeah those that say this are the ones that haven't really added much compared to the ones that really worked for it.