Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Mobile Security Key app for Windows Phone 7?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
SWTOR Mobile Security Key app for Windows Phone 7?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KoppaD
06.21.2015 , 06:59 PM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by Koliath View Post
Guys wait.

Security key works for Windows Phone (via Microsoft Authenticator App)

The way it generates codes is an implementation of TOTP - Time Based One Time Password

Microsoft uses it as well as Google for their security keys. You can tell that by looking at QR code or seeing just a 16-length mix of letters and numbers that you are supposed to register as a security key. I have just enabled this on my WP8.1 Lumia 640, and works charms.

Just go to SWTOR security key setup page, write down the pass phrase you need to register your key with, and put it into Microsoft Authenticator.

Apply the code and provide the OTP to finish registration process.

Please pin it 4 years thread and 23 pages of users looking for an answer - I'm fan of IT security and I hope everyone secures their accounts to the full extent.

With best regards,
Alex
Alex,
You are a absolute legend!!!!
I just added the key to my authenticator and worked as well.
This is fantastic news for WP.
Thanks
David

Musketeer
07.13.2015 , 02:21 AM | #222
Guys wait.

The way it generates codes is an implementation of TOTP - Time Based One Time Password

Microsoft uses it as well as Google for their security keys. You can tell that by looking at QR code or seeing just a 16-length mix of letters and numbers that you are supposed to register as a security key. I have just enabled this on my WP8.1 Lumia 640, and works charms.

Just go to SWTOR security key setup page, write down the pass phrase you need to register your key with, and put it into Microsoft Authenticator.

Please pin it 4 years thread and 23 pages of users looking for an answer - I'm fan of IT security and I hope everyone secures their accounts to the full extent.

With best regards,
Alex
Works for me too.
Thanks a lot.

Trebopala
07.25.2015 , 09:19 AM | #223
Guys wait.

With best regards,
Alex
Works like a charm for me too. Many thanks Koliath

Talkur
08.13.2015 , 01:01 PM | #224
Guys wait.

With best regards,
Alex
Really great. Works fine. Thanks.

AlCorazon
04.22.2017 , 06:25 PM | #225
does it still work cause i got a windows phone now and i love it
My referral link! http://www.swtor.com/r/gBW7FL